RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 03/30/22 7:18 pm    ::: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/03/espns-unprecedented-megacast-presentation-of-2022-ncaa-womens-final-four-tips-off-friday/

Quote:
MegaCast from Minneapolis
ESPN’s expansive production surrounding the Women’s Basketball Championship is highlighted by a MegaCast presentation across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN+ for both the semifinals and championship game.

The Bird & Taurasi Show Presented by AT&T 5G (BTS) features women’s basketball legends Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi providing their unique perspective and friendly banter live from the Target Center, with semifinal coverage on ESPNU and ESPN+, and championship action on ESPN2 and ESPN+. The duo will have their own set on the concourse level of the arena, joined by various special guests from the worlds of sports, pop culture and more.

Details on BTS Presented by AT&T 5G guests for the semifinals and championship game will be announced in the coming days.

Second Spectrum Player Tracking will be available as a MegaCast feed, as ESPN will be able to select from a suite of data-driven visualizations, including split-second shot probabilities and distances to 3-point special effects, captured through optical tracking technology that identifies and delivers the precise coordinates of every player and the ball, 25 times a second. The option – which has been utilized on select ESPN NBA telecasts – will be carried on ESPN+ for the semifinals and ESPNU and ESPN+ for the championship game. The main ESPN telecast and various studio programming will also have access to Genius Sports’ Second Spectrum technology through its unique Insight tool.

Additional MegaCast feeds include:

Beyond the Rim (ESPN+): Provides an aerial camera view with main telecast commentary and replays, with an enhanced statistical feed
On the Rail (ESPN+): Tracks game action one full length of the floor from end to end. The stream will feature natural sound and replays

PostPosted: 03/30/22 8:04 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2022/03/espns-unprecedented-megacast-presentation-of-2022-ncaa-womens-final-four-tips-off-friday/

Quote:
ESPN’s expansive production surrounding the Women’s Basketball Championship is highlighted by a MegaCast presentation across ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPN+ for both the semifinals and championship game.

The Bird & Taurasi Show Presented by AT&T 5G (BTS) features women’s basketball legends Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi providing their unique perspective and friendly banter live from the Target Center, with semifinal coverage on ESPNU and ESPN+, and championship action on ESPN2 and ESPN+. The duo will have their own set on the concourse level of the arena, joined by various special guests from the worlds of sports, pop culture and more.

Details on BTS Presented by AT&T 5G guests for the semifinals and championship game will be announced in the coming days.

Second Spectrum Player Tracking will be available as a MegaCast feed, as ESPN will be able to select from a suite of data-driven visualizations, including split-second shot probabilities and distances to 3-point special effects, captured through optical tracking technology that identifies and delivers the precise coordinates of every player and the ball, 25 times a second. The option – which has been utilized on select ESPN NBA telecasts – will be carried on ESPN+ for the semifinals and ESPNU and ESPN+ for the championship game. The main ESPN telecast and various studio programming will also have access to Genius Sports’ Second Spectrum technology through its unique Insight tool.

Beyond the Rim (ESPN+): Provides an aerial camera view with main telecast commentary and replays, with an enhanced statistical feed
On the Rail (ESPN+): Tracks game action one full length of the floor from end to end. The stream will feature natural sound and replays

A better idea would be having one alum from each school represented

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)
Nneka or Chiney (Stanford)

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/31/22 6:08 am    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

i would have definitely assumed Aja would be involved in something like this especially considering SC is top team. i bet something will be added for an alum(s) of the other schools.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/31/22 8:02 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

But..but...then UConn would no longer be the center of the women's basketball world...and EVERYONE knows that people will only watch if the entire focus is on UConn...

~rAf
Tally24

PostPosted: 03/31/22 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’m watching because I’m shocked and excited that Diana is doing something like this. (:
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I’m watching because I’m shocked and excited that Diana is doing something like this. (:

They should just let D commentate the entire final four i promise I wouldn’t mute a second Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 03/31/22 11:23 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

But..but...then UConn would no longer be the center of the women's basketball world...and EVERYONE knows that people will only watch if the entire focus is on UConn...

I have a very difficult time believing anyone watches a sportscaster, newscaster, commentator, pundit, actor, actress, model, or any other personality on TV based on what undergraduate school they attended 20 years ago.
Phil

PostPosted: 04/01/22 3:35 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Iluvacc"]
pilight wrote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

So you are arguing that participation trophies are more important than putting together commentators who can deliver a quality performance?

Tally24

PostPosted: 04/01/22 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

They should just let D commentate the entire final four i promise I wouldn’t mute a second Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wait, from what I understand, that’s exactly what this is Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ucbart

PostPosted: 04/01/22 5:59 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

I think that has more to do with Sue and D's personalities, popularity, and chemistry...more than the UCONN thing.

Seriously, take off the hate glasses and relax. Not everything is a pro-UCONN conspiracy. You're becoming a straight up insufferable hater with this.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't deny Bird and Taurasi can bullshit with the best of them in an extremely entertaining fashion. I watched the entire episode of "A Touch More". But the guests should really include representation from the other schools. You can't tell me bringing Chiney or A'ja or Angel into the mix wouldn't also be entertaining.

(now with spelling variations)
Tally24

PostPosted: 04/01/22 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
I don't deny Bird and Taurasi can bullshit with the best of them in an extremely entertaining fashion. I watched the entire episode of "A Touch More". But the guests should really include representation from the other schools. You can't tell me bringing Chiney or A'ja or Angel into the mix wouldn't also be entertaining.

From what I understand, they will. Nneka and Angel are on for sure. I believe Aja is coming on as well.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/01/22 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(Moved from the LOU-SCAR game thread)

So glad they have this alternate broadcast. It’s made all the difference. Hope they have it every year from now on, even if it isn’t Bird & Taurasi as the hosts, but this reminds me of their IG Live they did a couple years ago, and I could hear them talk for hours tbh.

Love the various Seattle-area basketball shoutouts, even if it’s bittersweet these days. I loved hearing that Plum still keeps in contact with her UW sisters, for example. 🥲

singinerd54

PostPosted: 04/01/22 8:31 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

I have a very difficult time believing anyone watches a sportscaster, newscaster, commentator, pundit, actor, actress, model, or any other personality on TV based on what undergraduate school they attended 20 years ago.

How dare you try and bring logic into an anti-UConn argument!! Laughing

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/01/22 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh jfc, Bill Walton’s on the guest list. Laughing And later Adia Barnes will be on and I hope her tweets get brought up lmfao.

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/01/22 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pssssh, like Bird will let that happen

(now with spelling variations)
Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/01/22 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To Barnes’ credit, I think she took it upon herself to mention the tweet that I think she deleted lol.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/22 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Oh jfc, Bill Walton’s on the guest list. Laughing And later Adia Barnes will be on and I hope her tweets get brought up lmfao.

I gotta rewatch the games with this commentary 🤣

Bill Walton called my favorite game of all time. I’m pretty sure he was drunk and he just insulted everyone. My brother and I were watching and crying we were laughing so hard.

PostPosted: 04/01/22 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/status/1510056441373241346?s=20&t=ROgt4MTBpg8tV1EalgfIiQ

This exchange was so beautiful in real time. 😂😂😂 My favorite part of the Bird & Taurasi Show tonight, what a surprise.

"...There it is again! 😏 "
"...There it is again. 😌 "

*chef's kiss*

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/22 11:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
https://twitter.com/itsmeglinehan/status/1510056441373241346?s=20&t=ROgt4MTBpg8tV1EalgfIiQ

This exchange was so beautiful in real time. 😂😂😂 My favorite part of the Bird & Taurasi Show tonight, what a surprise.

"...There it is again! 😏 "
"...There it is again. 😌 "

*chef's kiss*

Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is why they put Diana and Sue on together.

PostPosted: 04/02/22 12:32 am    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Just look at the list here of all the UConn fans tuning into this broadcast BECAUSE they are UConn alums and you will see that's EXACTLY what and who they're going for here.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/02/22 12:40 am    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

I think that has more to do with Sue and D's personalities, popularity, and chemistry...more than the UCONN thing.

Seriously, take off the hate glasses and relax. Not everything is a pro-UCONN conspiracy. You're becoming a straight up insufferable hater with this.

I briefly switched over to their broadcast and found them to be insufferable. I like them both, by the way. Just found the entire concept to be way over the top.

Y'all UConn fans just gonna stay on that magic carpet ride until you get too near the sun and drop like Icarus. The rest of us will still be hearing watching women play basketball, soaring around and enjoying every updrift. You will all either be dead on the ground or stop watching because it's suddenly all boring.

I don't have any skin in this game so I'm watching as a fan of the game. The UConn network wants the attention to be on them as long as it lasts. Then they'll start covering all the teams playing.

~rAf
Tally24

PostPosted: 04/02/22 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyway, this was fun. I really enjoyed the variety of guests, the variety of topics, and having background noise during a moment that usually would be stressful as a fan. Ready for Sunday. I’m gonna keep girlbossing close to the sun for as long as I can. 😜
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/02/22 6:54 am    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

I briefly switched over to their broadcast and found them to be insufferable. I like them both, by the way. Just found the entire concept to be way over the top.

Y'all UConn fans just gonna stay on that magic carpet ride until you get too near the sun and drop like Icarus. The rest of us will still be hearing watching women play basketball, soaring around and enjoying every updrift. You will all either be dead on the ground or stop watching because it's suddenly all boring.

I don't have any skin in this game so I'm watching as a fan of the game. The UConn network wants the attention to be on them as long as it lasts. Then they'll start covering all the teams playing.

As someone who has posted more than a dozen rants about UConn favoritism, you clearly do have skin in this game.

No need for the Jealousy. You’ve got Kara Lawson now, Duke will be good in no time.

Again, if you couldn’t enjoy the commentary, regardless of what team you favor..that’s a you thing.

They did this because DT and Sue have 20 years of chemistry and are highly charismatic. They are also, regardless of how non UConn fans feel, the most iconic wbb duo of all time. So yeah, they get media exposure. Deal with it.

PostPosted: 04/02/22 2:12 pm    ::: Re: ESPN’s Unprecedented MegaCast Presentation Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Bird or Taurasi (Uconn)
A'ja (South Carolina)
Angel (Louisville)

As someone who has posted more than a dozen rants about UConn favoritism, you clearly do have skin in this game.

No need for the Jealousy. You’ve got Kara Lawson now, Duke will be good in no time.

Again, if you couldn’t enjoy the commentary, regardless of what team you favor..that’s a you thing.

They did this because DT and Sue have 20 years of chemistry and are highly charismatic. They are also, regardless of how non UConn fans feel, the most iconic wbb duo of all time. So yeah, they get media exposure. Deal with it.

I'd rather watch Dawn Staley peel a banana or clean her toilet. And when you talk about "all time," you're talking about "since women's basketball began in 1995."

I'd pay to see Cheryl Miller and Dawn Staley dishing it. I'll say it again - I do enjoy both Taurasi and Sue Bird. This broadcast of the two of them did not appeal at all. And I think most people watching believe women's basketball began in 1995 and have no idea who Cheryl Miller is but she seriously leaves both in the dust, as does Dawn Staley.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: