RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Indiana vs #2 Connecticut - 3/26/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Indiana
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Connecticut
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

tfan

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Geno appears to have lost trust in Juhasz.

The door is always open at the Auriemma Doghouse Inn.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The announcers' drooling over UConn is about par for the course for ESPN. And it would really be nice if the refs would be consistent too. Those garbage fouls on Indiana in the the 3Q were just ridiculous when they didn't call basically the same things on UConn.

Last edited by summertime blues on 03/26/22 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Too bad Holmes isn't back to her pre-injury self either.

Oh, you mean Paige Bueckers isn't the only starter to have undergone a midseason knee surgery? Wouldn't know it from listening to this broadcast.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

He went small this game. Which was the correct choice. One of UConn’s post could out rebound Indians, and UConn needs the space on offense.

Again, second half UConn’s offense ran much better through the guards. We need to give up trying to run offense through the post players unless they get something easy.

Paige Bueckers looked like the best player on the floor today. That is a good sign.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see Gabriel on the bench. Anyone know why?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

I think she missed a couple of bunnies. That would make me lose some trust too.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/26/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn's 1Q defense sucked. Indy shot 56%. That won't cut it.

Not to be crappy, but is there a reason people refer to IU as Indy? I've seen others use it and it has always puzzled me.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good second half for UConn. Since I'm never satisfied, I now wish Azzi Fudd could drive and assist, both of which she rarely does, half as well as Olivia Miles. It would add so much to UConn's offense.
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game illustrates another reason why there should not be a “Bridgeport” regional.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Good second half for UConn. Since I'm never satisfied, I now wish Azzi Fudd could drive and assist, both of which she rarely does, half as well as Olivia Miles. It would add so much to UConn's offense.

greedy Glenn Laughing

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
This game illustrates another reason why there should not be a “Bridgeport” regional.

and the next one will illustrate it even better. NC States guards had better find their shots or they will get blown out.

But then same could be said for Greensboro. So how do you make regionals that aren't close to any of the top teams? They can't all be in Spokane. Very Happy

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Azzi looks like a Freshman in every area besides shooting and defense. But That shooting…

undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Oh, you mean Paige Bueckers isn't the only starter to have undergone a midseason knee surgery? Wouldn't know it from listening to this broadcast.

LOLOLOLLL!!! You need to sit this one out, friend. ESPN has been droooooooooooling all over Clark for a year.

Ex-Ref

myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

and the next one will illustrate it even better. NC States guards had better find their shots or they will get blown out.

But then same could be said for Greensboro. So how do you make regionals that aren't close to any of the top teams? They can't all be in Spokane. Very Happy

It's OK to have the regionals in Bridgeport and Greensboro. You simply don't put "local" teams there.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

It's OK to have the regionals in Bridgeport and Greensboro. You simply don't put "local" teams there.

So you don’t want fans at regionals?

PostPosted: 03/26/22 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Not at the cost of fairness.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
myrtle wrote:

LOLOLOLLL!!! You need to sit this one out, friend. ESPN has been droooooooooooling all over Clark for a year.

So because I'm an Iowa fan and ESPN never shuts up about Clark, that means I'm not aloud to comment on ESPN's other biases? Your point is 1000% true about Clark, and I'm not here defending how ESPN slobbers her. So I'm not sure why you're bringing it up because it's not even relevant to my point.

The best players for UConn and Indiana were each sidelined for a significant portion of the season due to a knee injury, and unless I missed it, they didn't even mention it in Holmes's case. That's poor broadcasting and disrespectful to Indiana and to the casual viewers tuning in to watch the game.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The result of the game was pretty much what I expected. UConn is the more talented team. IU is "B10" good. I like how they play, and they've been around a looong time.

Man that 4th quarter was rough to sit through in person...it must have sucked on tv.

Survive and advance...Monday should be interesting. I really don't know what to expect.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

So you're saying UConn fans are too selfish and myopic to buy a ticket to watch the Women's College Basketball Tournament Regionals? All they actually care about is their worshipped Huskies?

Actually, their habit of walking out of the all the non-UConn games at the BE Tournament would seem to demonstrate the truth of that.

If they want the tournament in Bridgeport, then prove they'll buy tournament tickets WITHOUT UConn being there, or they don't deserve it any more than any of the other places that don't buy tickets either.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/26/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

So you're saying UConn fans are too selfish and myopic to buy a ticket to watch the Women's College Basketball Tournament Regionals? All they actually care about is their worshipped Huskies?

Actually, their habit of walking out of the all the non-UConn games at the BE Tournament would seem to demonstrate the truth of that.

If they want the tournament in Bridgeport, then prove they'll buy tournament tickets WITHOUT UConn being there, or they don't deserve it any more than any of the other places that don't buy tickets either.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/26/22 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
myrtle wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

That’s true for all of the regionals near the teams with fans.

Yes, there would be significantly less people in Greensboro and Bridgeport if South Carolina and UConn weren’t there. That’s not selfish, that’s following their team.

And guess what, no matter where the most popular teams go, their fans will follow. The difference won’t be in who the crowd favors, but rather in crowd size.

PostPosted: 03/26/22 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

And guess what, no matter where the most popular teams go, their fans will follow. The difference won’t be in who the crowd favors, but rather in crowd size.

Then put SC in Bridgeport and UConn in Greenville. If the fans follow, the arenas should be full. Problem solved.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/26/22 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn's defense held Indiana a dozen or so pts under their average.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/26/22 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Then put SC in Bridgeport and UConn in Greenville. If the fans follow, the arenas should be full. Problem solved.

“The difference won’t be in who the crowd favors, but rather the crowd size”

Again, until wcbb is popular enough to where regionals can be anywhere and people will go, this is what is going to happen.

And I’d be willing to bet that opposing teams prefer a full stadium of fans rooting against them instead of a half of a stadium.

But it’s nice to see that y’all have your excuses for UConn’s success 🙃

PostPosted: 03/27/22 5:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
UConn's 1Q defense sucked. Indy shot 56%. That won't cut it.

Not to be crappy, but is there a reason people refer to IU as Indy? I've seen others use it and it has always puzzled me.

i guess the same reason its called Indy 500. indy is an abbreviation... Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: