RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 wins on #2s court. Stop crying about Bridgeport.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/20/22 1:57 pm    ::: #10 wins on #2s court. Stop crying about Bridgeport. Reply Reply with quote

Laughing

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/20/22 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

x2

Laughing Laughing

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/20/22 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never mind. It isn't worth it.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/20/22 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If UCF wins tomorrow I'll stop talking about Bridgeport

PostPosted: 03/20/22 8:53 pm    ::: Re: #10 wins on #2s court. Stop crying about Bridgeport. Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

IF the Top 8 below is the order the Selection Committee ranked them (I do not know if it is, but it seems pretty logical that it would be), then didn't the committee do the "right" thing with regional placement?

Order of Top 8
1) South Carolina
2) Stanford
3) NC State
4) Louisville
5) Baylor
6) UConn
7) Texas
Cool Iowa

+

South Carolina is closest to Greensboro
Of the remaining regionals, Stanford is closest to Spokane
Of the remaining regionals, NC State is closer to Bridgeport (by a lot)

= NC State and UConn in Bridgeport

Davis4632

PostPosted: 03/20/22 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just glad this won't be an issue for next 4 or 5 years.

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/20/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

We need to shift our collective ire to the home games for Top 4 seeds for the first two rounds. We could have seen multiple more big upsets this year if that unfair advantage wasn't in place.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 03/31/22 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:

Are you suggesting there won't be a similar uproar next year, when South Carolina goes a measly 105 miles to Greensville???!!!!

If so, you are correct!!!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/31/22 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Are you suggesting there won't be a similar uproar next year, when South Carolina goes a measly 105 miles to Greensville???!!!!

Dont think anyone will be satisfied til UCONN is a #1 seed playing on a #2 seed's court for 50% of a decade .

PostPosted: 03/31/22 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Dont think anyone will be satisfied til UCONN is a #1 seed playing on a #2 seed's court for 50% of a decade .

Right. Vengeance, not justice.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/31/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Oh, I'll be satisfied when for two or three decades UConn plays regionals in Spokane, Omaha, Sacramento, Richmond, Atlanta, Orlando, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Ft. Worth, Huntsville, Memphis, Long Beach, Baltimore, Toledo, and other places far away from Connecticut. And I hope everyone else gets treated comparably too.

Then we can work on getting rid of the practice of playing first weekends on the home courts of the top 16 seeds.

And while we're at it, the Big East, and the ACC for that matter, should start rotating the location for the league tournament too, or at least find a relatively neutral major city like the Big 10, SEC and PAC do.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/31/22 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
Davis4632 wrote:

Right. Vengeance, not justice.

Ummm...that would be justice based on what has already occurred. It's way too easy to forget when you're the ones getting all the favors.

And, I'm sorry, but South Carolina getting an advantage for ONE year? Nobody would be complaining if UConn only got an advantage for one year? It's all the advantages for all the years...

~rAf
Michael

PostPosted: 04/01/22 3:06 pm    ::: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

It lost WAY TOO MUCH money as no one showed up to games without a home team present, and UConn still played nearly all their games close to home because they gamed the system.

PostPosted: 04/01/22 3:28 pm    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
It lost WAY TOO MUCH money as no one showed up to games without a home team present, and UConn still played nearly all their games close to home because they gamed the system.

You obviously did not watch games in the Wichita region, where South Dakota brought almost 5000 fans. Although it was 400+ miles from campus, the Red Sea showed up. Some of us drove 10 hours each way…

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/01/22 3:31 pm    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Michael wrote:

You obviously did not watch games in the Wichita region, where South Dakota brought almost 5000 fans. Although it was 400+ miles from campus, the Red Sea showed up. Some of us drove 10 hours each way…

Tennessee fans show up too, which is not the point really. The point is that UConn ALWAYS gets court advantage. Let's see the UConn fans do what the Yotes fans did! And probably always will do! And what Big Orange fans do too.

PostPosted: 04/01/22 4:04 pm    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Michael wrote:

I am not talking about fan bases here and there travelling, I am talking about what a huge flop the pre-deteremined sites were and the millions of dollars the NCAA lost in trying that. Good on S. Dak fans for travelling, now make that the norm and not an exception for all schools.

PostPosted: 04/03/22 10:44 am    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
Michael wrote:

Tennessee fans show up too, which is not the point really. The point is that UConn ALWAYS gets court advantage. Let's see the UConn fans do what the Yotes fans did! And probably always will do! And what Big Orange fans do too.

Do you really believe that, or are you purposely lying?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/03/22 11:43 am    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

huskiemaniac wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
Michael wrote:

No, but I think you are.

PostPosted: 04/03/22 1:13 pm    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
The point is that UConn ALWAYS gets court advantage.

IF the Top 8 below is the order the Selection Committee ranked them (I do not know if it is, but it seems pretty logical that it would be), then didn't the committee do the "right" thing with regional placement?

Order of Top 8
1) South Carolina
2) Stanford
3) NC State
4) Louisville
5) Baylor
6) UConn
7) Texas
8] Iowa

+

South Carolina is closest to Greensboro
Of the remaining regionals, Stanford is closest to Spokane
Of the remaining regionals, NC State is closer to Bridgeport (by a lot)

= NC State and UConn in Bridgeport

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/03/22 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If they really wanted fans to show up, the West regional would be someplace in California, not Timbuctu...er, I mean Spokane.

Phil

PostPosted: 04/03/22 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
If they really wanted fans to show up, the West regional would be someplace in California, not Timbuctu...er, I mean Spokane.

You sorta get your wish in 2026, although some will argue that Sacramento is not as convenient as other CA options

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 04/03/22 2:53 pm    ::: Re: They tried taking away the top 4 seeds host Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
huskiemaniac wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Hoopsmom wrote:
Michael wrote:

No, but I think you are.

So, you don't believe what you've highlighted in caps, and then say that I'm the one who is lying. Smh.

linkster

PostPosted: 04/03/22 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

When you start talking venues you have to consider the entertainment value of wcbb. I'm a fan and I love basketball but I want to be entertained and that has a big role in my being an avid UConn fan. Winning is very nice but it's the way they play that I watch. The titles are 2 day celebrations. It's the actual games and how entertaining they are draws me.
A regional in Spokane gets covered by the media. A regional in LA gets mentioned.
Everyone wants neutral sites but they want them filled with fans, as long as they aren't UConn fans. I'll wager that ESPN will make no mention of Greenville's proximity to Gamecock territory at all.
Rolling Eyes

pilight

PostPosted: 04/03/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

They've tried that without success. California is a terrible state for WCBB support.

PostPosted: 04/03/22 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many schools/conferences are willing to bid and put in the work to host regionals. Every regional has a host some it's 1 school, some it's 2, sometimes it's conferences. There are lot of intricacies that go into planning and organizing these regionals and for a lot of people it's not worth the work it takes to put in, the positives don't outweigh the negatives.

There are things the play a role into what places will host such as hotels for each team, personnel, etc. (I believe each host must be able to provide at least 5 adequate hotels as part of their bid), plus cost of rent, funding for personnel (Security, tickets, ushers, concessions, parking, etc.). The NCAA is also going to weigh in all of these cost and availability when determining which bids to accept.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: