RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#10 South Dakota vs #2 Baylor - 3/20/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucbart

PostPosted: 03/21/22 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else think that Iowa should fire Bluder and hire the SD coach?

As for Collen, I feel bad for her. Yes, she took the Baylor job, but that's tough. She has Mulkey's roster(who never has shooters), lost two really important senior guards, and was left with Smith and a bunch of over-ranked recruits. How was Sarah Andrews a top 10 recruit? I don't necessarily root for Baylor, but I root for women's bball. They've had a great program for 20 years and I would hate, for their fans, alumni, and women's basketball as a whole, to have Baylor fade away into mediocrity. I hope Nikki can get some of her own recruits, play her style and be successful. With Texas and Oklahoma leaving for the SEC, it's uber-important for Baylor to stay the course or the Big 12 could take a massive tumble.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/21/22 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

As for Collen, I feel bad for her. Yes, she took the Baylor job, but that's tough. She has Mulkey's roster(who never has shooters), lost two really important senior guards, and was left with Smith and a bunch of over-ranked recruits. How was Sarah Andrews a top 10 recruit? I don't necessarily root for Baylor, but I root for women's bball. They've had a great program for 20 years and I would hate, for their fans, alumni, and women's basketball as a whole, to have Baylor fade away into mediocrity. I hope Nikki can get some of her own recruits, play her style and be successful. With Texas and Oklahoma leaving for the SEC, it's uber-important for Baylor to stay the course or the Big 12 could take a massive tumble.

Sarah Andrews had the momentum of Oddysey Sims being her Mentor and going to the same high school. She's def not top 10 material .

PostPosted: 03/21/22 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:
the Dakotas aren't too far behind, and they do NOT appreciate being mistaken for one another. Shocked

*Sigh* But who outside of the Dakotas actually gives a shit about either of them? 🤮 One has Mt. Rushmore, one doesn't, and one day I will forget which one's which. There is no good reason, certainly by today's standards, why they shouldn't just be "one big Dakota!" (But all of this is neither here... nor certainly there...)

Rock Hard wrote:

To the people that live on the coasts all of the Dakota people look alike. Hicks.🧑‍🌾

Well, just Wow. These are some fine examples of unmitigated ignorance amongst Rebkellians. Rolling Eyes This is EXACTLY like saying "Seattle has the Space Needle, and LA doesn't. Who cares?". Or "All Black people look alike. Ignorant."
The Dakotas are a fantastically beautiful part of our country, with an incredibly diverse cultural heritage. Please keep your geographical and social ignorance off threads like this; if it was meant to be some form of warped humor, it just AIN'T funny.

ucbart wrote:

Ya. I thought that right after I thought UConn should hire Dillon when they got beat by Villanova. Rolling Eyes Laughing

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:
the Dakotas aren't too far behind, and they do NOT appreciate being mistaken for one another. Shocked

*Sigh* But who outside of the Dakotas actually gives a shit about either of them? 🤮 One has Mt. Rushmore, one doesn't, and one day I will forget which one's which. There is no good reason, certainly by today's standards, why they shouldn't just be "one big Dakota!" (But all of this is neither here... nor certainly there...)

Rock Hard wrote:

To the people that live on the coasts all of the Dakota people look alike. Hicks.🧑‍🌾

Well, just Wow. These are some fine examples of unmitigated ignorance amongst Rebkellians. Rolling Eyes This is EXACTLY like saying "Seattle has the Space Needle, and LA doesn't. Who cares?". Or "All Black people look alike. Ignorant."
The Dakotas are a fantastically beautiful part of our country, with an incredibly diverse cultural heritage. Please keep your geographical and social ignorance off threads like this; if it was meant to be some form of warped humor, it just AIN'T funny.

ucbart wrote:

Ya. I thought that right after I thought UConn should hire Dillon when they got beat by Villanova. Rolling Eyes Laughing

I made my comment not to illuminate my viewpoint or try to be funny. My comment was to reveal how people from the big cities from the East and West coasts feel about middle America. I'm from the Midwest and I have had conversations with people from these big cities and that is how they think.

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I made my comment not to illuminate my viewpoint or try to be funny. My comment was to reveal how people from the big cities from the East and West coasts feel about middle America. I'm from the Midwest and I have had conversations with people from these big cities and that is how they think.

Well, thank you for that clarification, and forgive my misinterpretation; this is a good example of how written text doesn't always convey the intended meaning. Razz Frankly, I thought that those sentiments weren't in line with what I knew of you.

PostPosted: 03/21/22 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well once again, I am standing by what I said. Not like I want the Dakotas blasted off into the sun. Just, few outside of the states pay attention to them and whatever infighting goes on between the two, and they should be one single state! Call me a coastal elitist, idc. But anywho, go Yotes.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All I can say about this game is that Baylor looked like they were stunned by a collective hit upside the head for most of the last quarter and neither they nor the coach knew what hit them or what to do, while SD played cool and collected like they'd been preparing for this for a long time...which I guess they had. Baylor apparently didn't know how to get out of a tight spot without Kim and couldn't reach back for her know-how.

PostPosted: 03/21/22 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Call me a coastal elitist, idc.

There really isn't anything *elite* about willfully ignorant opinions. Razz

PostPosted: 03/21/22 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Willfully ignorant, to you. Wink

singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/21/22 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Trying telling that to (straight, cis-gender) white men. (That's a comment not at all about Stormeo, whose gender and race I don't know, and instead directed at the history [and current day] United States and much of the world.)

Howee

PostPosted: 03/21/22 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Trying telling that to (straight, cis-gender) white men. (That's a comment not at all about Stormeo, whose gender and race I don't know, and instead directed at the history [and current day] United States and much of the world.)

It certainly can apply to ANY and ALL groups, although I don't see this thread as being about race or gender. I just think willfully disparaging an entire swath of our country is beneath us *woke folk* here at Rebs. Especially as we have a number of members who live there and whose kids were actually in this game.

Thankfully, we're all glad for South Dakota's big win. Cool

PostPosted: 03/21/22 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
singinerd54 wrote:
Howee wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

It certainly can apply to ANY and ALL groups, although I don't see this thread as being about race or gender. I just think willfully disparaging an entire swath of our country is beneath us *woke folk* here at Rebs. Especially as we have a number of members who live there and whose kids were actually in this game.

Thankfully, we're all glad for South Dakota's big win. Cool

No offense to you Howee, but “woke” has been so misappropriated these days.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/21/22 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Howee wrote:

Jees, and I thought *I* was a coastal elitist who was salty about the universe due to my team forgetting how to care about basketball

(now with spelling variations)
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/21/22 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
No offense to you Howee, but “woke” has been so misappropriated these days.

Yeah, anybody who uses "Woke" unironically or as a pejorative in 2022 is immediately suspect.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
TechDawgMc

PostPosted: 03/21/22 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:

Collen has some good recruits coming in, and hopefully will get a few from the portal. The big shift I think you'll see is toward bigger guards. Kim seemed to like guards built like her with a lot of athleticism. That can create matchup problems, though, when the other team has big guards who are also athletic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: