RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA League Pass
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/15/22 6:09 pm    ::: 2022 WNBA League Pass Reply Reply with quote

This is from an email. I’ll most likely update with a link later.

Quote:
WNBA League Pass will be updated with a completely new look and feel across web, mobile and connected platforms to create a premium experience.

This updated experience will be available for the first time on Fire TV (via the Fire TV WNBA App) and will include personalized alerts. Additionally, League Pass will provide access to an increased number of games this year over last season, with at least 130 live regular-season games (subject to local blackouts), as well as access to hundreds of on-demand games from previous seasons, including the 2021 Chicago Sky vs. Phoenix Mercury WNBA Finals.

With the enhanced League Pass experience in mind, we will be raising our annual subscription price to $24.99 which is the first increase since the service launched in 2016.

Quote:
Your annual WNBA LEAGUE PASS subscription will automatically renew on April 15, 2022 for $24.99 with no action required by you. To manage or cancel your subscription, visit leaguepass.wnba.com and sign in to your account.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Milks26

PostPosted: 03/15/22 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm cool with the increase. I always thought that $16.99 was a ridiculously low amount.

PostPosted: 03/15/22 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh great. I can't wait for all the complaints about blackout games.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 03/15/22 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, the local team isn't relevant to my interests, so I'm not too concerned about local blackouts. My biggest grievance with WNBA League Pass continues to be the lack of alternative commentary: it chafes me that only the Sparks and Liberty even send road broadcast crews. Like, I understand why, but it still bugs me. Any chance that they could look into the costs of having the WNBA provide an alternate commentary team, even if they're doing the games remotely, for people that don't want to listen to the home team's broadcast (coughdickfaincough)?

My second biggest grievance with the WNBA is the social media games, but that's more of a "Me" problem: I can cast the League Pass games from my phone to my TV, but I'm not on social media. I don't have those apps on my phone, and I'm not putting them on my phone, so I can't cast the games; even if they don't require you to have an account to watch the games, I still have to watch them from my computer monitor.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/15/22 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Well, the local team isn't relevant to my interests, so I'm not too concerned about local blackouts. My biggest grievance with WNBA League Pass continues to be the lack of alternative commentary: it chafes me that only the Sparks and Liberty even send road broadcast crews. Like, I understand why, but it still bugs me. Any chance that they could look into the costs of having the WNBA provide an alternate commentary team, even if they're doing the games remotely, for people that don't want to listen to the home team's broadcast (coughdickfaincough)?

My second biggest grievance with the WNBA is the social media games, but that's more of a "Me" problem: I can cast the League Pass games from my phone to my TV, but I'm not on social media. I don't have those apps on my phone, and I'm not putting them on my phone, so I can't cast the games; even if they don't require you to have an account to watch the games, I still have to watch them from my computer monitor.

For what it's worth, you don't actually need the apps to access things like Twitter and Facebook. You can just go to the relevant website in a browser if you want. Could then presumably cast from there.

PostPosted: 03/15/22 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
For what it's worth, you don't actually need the apps to access things like Twitter and Facebook. You can just go to the relevant website in a browser if you want. Could then presumably cast from there.

WRT the red comment, I already knew that. WRT the blue comment, if my desktop had the ability to cast to my TV set, I wouldn't the grievance that I have. But, as I already stipulated, I acknowledge that this is a "me" problem.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/15/22 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I gotta poke around with it at my end first to see if and how it works, but if you use Chrome, you should be able to cast a tab from your desktop to your screen. You might also be able to access Twitter or Facebook via the browser on your phone and cast that feed to your TV.

PostPosted: 03/15/22 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy for the FireTV app (FINALLY)! Btw Silky, I hear you about not wanting to download anymore apps. I'm protesting a few right now!! Confused Laughing I don't have a twitter account but the twitter app is available (and often preloaded) on smart TVs, ROKUs and Fire sticks, so when we've had twitter (or even Facebook games, login not required), I've been able to watch them without casting from my phone or PC.

They do need to get the blackout situation under control because far too often they block games in states I'm not even in!! I remember them blocking a Tulsa game back in the day and I was like ummm no disrespect but no one lives near Tulsa!!!! I'm kidding but for real, though!! Laughing

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/16/22 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
it chafes me that only the Sparks and Liberty even send road broadcast crews.

Pretty sure we (Las Vegas) are the only team that sends a TV crew on the road. Other teams may pull the home feed and put their own crew on top of it, but until last year, it had been quite some time since a team televised all of their available road games.

Minnesota used to still do radio on the road pre-pandemic, but didn't last year.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 03/16/22 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:

Pretty sure we (Las Vegas) are the only team that sends a TV crew on the road. Other teams may pull the home feed and put their own crew on top of it, but until last year, it had been quite some time since a team televised all of their available road games.

Minnesota used to still do radio on the road pre-pandemic, but didn't last year.

Is it bad form to quote your own post?

Just sent a quick text to other team PR peeps, and it looks like other teams are going to go the broadcast road games from home route (i.e. TV crew is not on site), and that the league is talking about a centralized broadcast so all teams can do this more easily. Not sure what the words "centralized broadcast" mean specifically, so don't read to much into it.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/16/22 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Is it bad form to quote your own post?

Just sent a quick text to other team PR peeps, and it looks like other teams are going to go the broadcast road games from home route (i.e. TV crew is not on site), and that the league is talking about a centralized broadcast so all teams can do this more easily. Not sure what the words "centralized broadcast" mean specifically, so don't read to much into it.

That's... interesting. But change always worries me when it comes to the WNBA trying to broadcast/stream anything. People may complain about WNBA League Pass on a fairly regular basis, and I definitely get that the blackouts must be annoying and frustrating, but it has essentially worked for the last few years. Game streams started when they were supposed to, rarely broke down, and the video was generally clear and good enough. Upgrades will be great as long as the basics don't get worse as part of the package.

That said, I've been begging for alternate audio streams (and stating that I'd happily pay extra for them) for years. There are certain commentary crews that I would dearly love to be able to avoid, even if it means watching the games with only court sounds. Of course, the problem with a 'centralized broadcast' could be that we'd just get one stream with a league appointed crew. Which could end up being even worse...

PostPosted: 03/16/22 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
... Of course, the problem with a 'centralized broadcast' could be that we'd just get one stream with a league appointed crew. Which could end up being even worse...

This also begs the follow-up question, because there can be up to five games on a given night: would it be cheaper for them to pay the road teams to do a remote broadcast, or to hire enough national people to cover that many games?

myrtle

PostPosted: 03/16/22 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:

That said, I've been begging for alternate audio streams (and stating that I'd happily pay extra for them) for years. There are certain commentary crews that I would dearly love to be able to avoid, even if it means watching the games with only court sounds. Of course, the problem with a 'centralized broadcast' could be that we'd just get one stream with a league appointed crew. Which could end up being even worse...

that is why (thank God) there is a mute button. mine gets used often.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 03/16/22 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

I use it too, frequently with certain crews. But I really don't like watching games with no audio at all. It shouldn't be hard to split the audio channels to at least leave the option of court noise without the prattling if viewers want it.

PostPosted: 03/17/22 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

+1,000

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 04/07/22 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a Sun season ticket holder I received an E-Mail from the team today. I hope this is true for the whole league but season ticket holders for the Sun are getting League Pass for free as a member's benefit.

Also in the E-mail was this nugget:

Please note: If you are currently a League Pass subscriber, please make sure you HAVE OPTED OUT FOR AUTO-RENEW BY FRIDAY APRIL 15TH. Any League Pass subscriber who has not opted out by this date, will be charged for the upcoming season.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 04/09/22 6:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky also sent an offer to cover the subscription this year - for the first time! Very Happy

Gonna cancel my auto-renewal before I forget!

PostPosted: 04/09/22 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey! Have any of the firetv/fire stick people been able to find the WNBA app?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/09/22 5:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

Nope.

PostPosted: 05/01/22 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:

I found it, it came out at the end of April. The app you are looking for is: WNBA Live Basketball Games

Randy

PostPosted: 05/01/22 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Does anybody know if they offering the one team only option this year? With some many games televised, it's not really worth it to me to get every team on League Pass. When I've looked at renewal it seems like they are only offering the whole package.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/01/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since .com, as usual, hasn't updated its information, and I can only see my current subscription, I found this:

https://fansided.com/2022/03/30/wnba-league-pass-cost/
Quote:
For fans that are interested in following just their favorite team, the WNBA offers a single-team subscription for $9.99 for the entire season. These broadcasts are still subjected to national and local blackout restrictions. National television games on the ESPN networks (ESPN/ESPN2, ABC), CBS Sports Network, and CBS are not available on the streaming service.

Between YouTubeTV and League Pass, I am all set! I can't watch most live anyway, or I fall asleep before the games are over, so it's great to have the option to time shift at my convenience!

It is not being said explicitly, but for the past two years, League Pass promoted the option to go back several years to rewatch games, if desired. You have nine months with YouTubeTV to watch any DVRd items.

PostPosted: 05/02/22 5:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RI_Sun_Fan wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

I found it, it came out at the end of April. The app you are looking for is: WNBA Live Basketball Games

Hey! Thank you for responding. I actually still haven't found the FireTV app and ended up emailing leaguepass support. Here was their response:

"Thank you for the follow-up.

The WNBA app will available for Fire TV devices for the 2022 WNBA season, but may not be available just yet.

We’re excited to share that this season, WNBA League Pass will be updated with a completely new look and feel across web, mobile and connected platforms to create a premium experience. This updated experience will be available for the first time on Fire TV (via the Fire TV WNBA App) and will include personalized alerts. Additionally, League Pass will provide access to an increased number of games this year over last season, with at least 130 live regular-season games (subject to local blackouts).

Please continue to check our website as well as the app store for your devices for any updates on the WNBA app availability for Fire TV devices."

Hopefully, they'll have it done before the season starts Laughing If someone finds the FireTV app, please let us know!

Randy

PostPosted: 05/02/22 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
Since .com, as usual, hasn't updated its information, and I can only see my current subscription, I found this:

https://fansided.com/2022/03/30/wnba-league-pass-cost/
Quote:
For fans that are interested in following just their favorite team, the WNBA offers a single-team subscription for $9.99 for the entire season. These broadcasts are still subjected to national and local blackout restrictions. National television games on the ESPN networks (ESPN/ESPN2, ABC), CBS Sports Network, and CBS are not available on the streaming service.

Between YouTubeTV and League Pass, I am all set! I can't watch most live anyway, or I fall asleep before the games are over, so it's great to have the option to time shift at my convenience!

It is not being said explicitly, but for the past two years, League Pass promoted the option to go back several years to rewatch games, if desired. You have nine months with YouTubeTV to watch any DVRd items.

Thanks.

RI_Sun_Fan

PostPosted: 05/02/22 11:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="RI_Sun_Fan"]
WfanFrJmp wrote:

I would give this a look on the amazon site:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09YVTGJPK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_d_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: