RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jobless in Seattle: Seattle Fires Head Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Men's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/03/06 2:59 pm    ::: Jobless in Seattle: Seattle Fires Head Coach Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Sonics fire Weiss after 13-17 start

Bob Weiss was fired as coach of the Seattle SuperSonics on Tuesday, with his team struggling at 13-17 after having won its division last year.

Weiss, in his first year coaching the Sonics, was replaced by assistant Bob Hill, the team said. Seattle opened a five-game road trip with a 115-96 loss to Indiana on Monday and plays in Chicago on Wednesday night.

There were signs that Weiss was in trouble, with Sund publicly expressing his dissatisfaction nearly three weeks ago and predicting changes would be made if the team didn't make a quick turn for the better.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2278996

Yep, I heard that too. Idea 3 weeks past due though... SEA looks terrible this year, yet they basically have the same team as they did last year, and the West is much weaker than last year. Shocked I guess getting blown out by IND who was without O'Neal, Artest and Tinsley was the last straw..

pilight

PostPosted: 01/03/06 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Should we be starting a "Hire Ann Donovan" campaign?

PostPosted: 01/03/06 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That would be great, she certainly has the smarts to be a head coach at any level. The thing is getting the players to respect her both as a leader and as someone who's played the game (and excelled) at the highest level.

PostPosted: 01/03/06 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

That would be great, she certainly has the smarts to be a head coach at any level. The thing is getting the players to respect her both as a leader and as someone who's played the game (and excelled) at the highest level.

I think Michael Cooper had the same resume though... Shocked

This wouldn't be the best job for Donovan anyways. She'd be better off first working as a NBA assistant for a few years under a head coach who is not on any hotseat. Ron Rothstein has the right idea sitting behind Van Gundy/Riley..

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/03/06 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

But then again, come to think of it... Shocked Idea Arrow

Quote:
Dear Ryan,

I would like to personally invite you to join myself, Storm Head Coach Anne Donovan and your fellow Storm Fans to celebrate a special milestone in the history of the Storm franchise. Join us Friday, Jan. 13 for an exclusive Storm celebration featuring a private meet and greet with Coach Donovan prior to the Sonics game vs. the Miami Heat.

Sincerely,

Karen Bryant

missjoy28

PostPosted: 01/04/06 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sonics shot themselves in the foot by not resigning thier key guys and Nate McMillian from last season. Well, the Sonic GM is paying for it now.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: