RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nebraska @ Iowa - 1/16/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/15/22 11:16 pm    ::: Nebraska @ Iowa - 1/16/22 Reply Reply with quote

Iowa City, IA - 6:00 PM ET
TV: Big Ten Network (Sloane Martin, Christy Winters Scott)

Video stream:
https://www.foxsports.com/live/btn (tvpli)

Audio:
https://youtu.be/R0-Cicv-rKI

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=374452

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/16/22 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/16/22 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16-5 NEB mid first

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Howee

PostPosted: 01/16/22 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ruh-rooh.... Shocked

PostPosted: 01/16/22 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

did anyone hear why Haiby and Shelley aren't playing?
Selfishly speaking, all I need is another fantasy player injured.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/16/22 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
did anyone hear why Haiby and Shelley aren't playing?
Selfishly speaking, all I need is another fantasy player injured.

Haiby dislocated her shoulder near the end of Nebraska's previous game. She should be back sooner rather than later. I didn't catch what happened to Shelley.

linkster

PostPosted: 01/16/22 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

didn't watch the 1st half and noticed that Iowa was 18-20 on ft's while Nebraska hasn't taken a ft.

Sixteen fouls called on Nebraska and one foul for Iowa. There's no place like home. Rolling Eyes

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/16/22 7:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
didn't watch the 1st half and noticed that Iowa was 18-20 on ft's while Nebraska hasn't taken a ft.

Sixteen fouls called on Nebraska and one foul for Iowa. There's no place like home. Rolling Eyes

Key word: didn't

Someone forgot to tell Nebraska this isn't a rugby match. The FT discrepancy is not just homecooking. Nebraska is fouling Clark every chance they get to prevent her from doing her thing in the open court. Also, lots of really silly fouls committed by Nebraska crashing the boards too hard.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/16/22 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta say, Markowski is a righteous beast down low, for a freshman. She and Monika....Battle of The Brunhilde Babes. Each having a grand time scoring.

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
linkster wrote:

Someone forgot to tell Nebraska this isn't a rugby match. The FT discrepancy is not just homecooking. Nebraska is fouling Clark every chance they get to prevent her from doing her thing in the open court. Also, lots of really silly fouls committed by Nebraska crashing the boards too hard.

listening to the (homer) announcers, they too have made it sound like Clark is tackled every time she touches the ball. Still a 27 - 6 differential in the foul department is pretty noteworthy. Surely she didn't get 21 of those fouls.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fouling Clark in the end game is just stupid. Foul someone off the ball. Anyone else.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska's game plan in the first half was to foul Clark and Czinano as much as possible before they could shoot. It was in their game plan. Why are people surprised by the foul discrepancy?

If you didn't actually watch the first half, I can see why you'd be surprised looking at the box score.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Nebraska's game plan in the first half was to foul Clark and Czinano as much as possible before they could shoot. It was in their game plan. Why are people surprised by the foul discrepancy?

If you didn't actually watch the first half, I can see why you'd be surprised looking at the box score.

I think what was most astonishing was the six fouls rather than the differential. I don't remember seeing a high level competitive game where a team was called for only six fouls in the whole game. Shocked I think Iowa as a team doesn't foul a lot but SIX fouls!!!???

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/16/22 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

I think what was most astonishing was the six fouls rather than the differential. I don't remember seeing a high level competitive game where a team was called for only six fouls in the whole game. Shocked I think Iowa as a team doesn't foul a lot but SIX fouls!!!???

I would say Nebraska did a poor job taking it to Iowa to force them to choose between fouling or giving up an easy bucket. That's a symptom of missing your two best ballhandlers/slashers in Haiby and Shelley. Instead they were relying on their 3 point shot, which, to their credit, was lights out for most of the game.

Nebraska just doesn't have an athletic enough team to successfully play the intense type of pressure defense they wanted to without fouling. And Iowa (especially Clark and Czinano) did a fantastic job making them pay, drawing a combined 17 fouls.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/17/22 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
linkster wrote:

listening to the (homer) announcers, they too have made it sound like Clark is tackled every time she touches the ball. Still a 27 - 6 differential in the foul department is pretty noteworthy. Surely she didn't get 21 of those fouls.

Why do you think Sloane Martin and Christy Winters Scott would be homers for Iowa? Christy was a Terp, and Martin played D3 in Rochester, NY. Christy works all over the B1G and does sideline for NBA. Martin’s taken on a bigger role at BTN (I think to fill Lisa Byington’s spot) after doing pxp for the Lynx and other Minneapolis sports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: