RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

High School: Maya Moore Down to Four

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:06 pm    ::: High School: Maya Moore Down to Four Reply Reply with quote

Maya Moore, a 6'1" F considered *by some* to be the top player in the Class of 2007, is reportedly down to four schools:

Duke, Georgia, Tennessee, and UConn.

Best of luck to all of the schools (especially UConn!!!).

www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/high_school/13521668.htm

styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish there was a limit on how many HS all-Americas a school could sign, like a salary cap in pro sports. It's always the same few schools getting the top players, which is tiresome. I admire players who go somewhere else and try to build up a program that's not one of the best.

End of rant.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
I wish there was a limit on how many HS all-Americas a school could sign, like a salary cap in pro sports. It's always the same few schools getting the top players, which is tiresome. I admire players who go somewhere else and try to build up a program that's not one of the best.

End of rant.

Wouldn't she like to play with the top two players out of the 06 and 07 classes? Come to Purdue, Maya!

styxfan22

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
styxfan22 wrote:

End of rant.

Wouldn't she like to play with the top two players out of the 06 and 07 classes? Come to Purdue, Maya!

Who's the other besides Harris?

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GA WOULD BE A GREAT FIT FOR HER SHEWILL MORE THAN LIKELY START RIGHT AWAY I HOPE SHE SEES THAT. Very Happy

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/01/06 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
styxfan22 wrote:

End of rant.

Who's the other besides Harris?

Ta'shia Phillips is ranked No. 1 by some in Moore's class. She committed very early, though, so there isn't much talk about her.

stever

PostPosted: 01/01/06 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...here's an update on a member of the class of '09
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/high_school/13525930.htm

"Minneapolis South's freshman basketball standout Tayler Hill, whom one opposing coach called 'the best high school player I've ever seen in the state,' already is drawing major attention."

Sass

PostPosted: 01/01/06 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

styxfan22 wrote:

End of rant.

I actually agree with that rant, though it makes me sound kinda like a communist.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
ClayK

PostPosted: 01/01/06 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone who should know told me Moore will not go to Tennessee ...

I'm not saying that's true, but it was, I felt, a credible rumor.

PostPosted: 01/01/06 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have Clay K. saying he heard that Maya won't go to Tennessee. On FCP, we have Joe S. saying that Maya will not be going to Georgia.

So, does this mean Maya will go to either Duke or UConn? Maybe she likes the colors blue and white.

mikey87

PostPosted: 01/01/06 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it's useless to believe things unless she says for sure she's not going to a certain place hear say is hear say not the truth.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/01/06 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of our former posters said something on another board that I am going to repeat. It made a lot of sense.

Coaches aren't allowed to make contact with players early in their careers unless the players initiate that contact. They can send mail and text messages and talk to coaches, but they can't talk to players. But when a player like Moore or Phillips or others starts committing or making a small list before they have even reached the point where they can be contacted they are already eliminating a huge chunk of schools. How often is, say, South Carolina or Georgetown, going to be on that early list, when if the coach could have a conversation with the player she might decide to consider a more surprising school.

The earlier players are making these decisions, the better the chances it will be the same "rich getting richer." Allowing coaches to make even limited contact earlier might make a big difference.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 01/03/06 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if Maya Moore ended up at Duke. I don't see her going there. I would love to have her, but I just don't see her picking Duke.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: