RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kim Mulkey

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:29 pm    ::: Kim Mulkey Reply Reply with quote

Man, ESPN did an article on Mulkey and it was very eye-opening. I have always been a fan and this just totally reinforces it. I hope she has great success at LSU!

Here's the article: https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32762198/kim-mulkey-crossroads-baylor-lsu-present-why-not-apologizing-it

My favorite little piece of the article:

Quote:
Morris, who was dismissed from Baylor's team before her sophomore year after being arrested for an altercation, was openly gay as a freshman at Baylor in 2017-18. She transferred to Rutgers, then to Texas A&M, and showed up at LSU this past summer without any promise that Mulkey would add her to the team.

"I came here because I knew I needed that woman in my life," Morris said. "Things she said just stuck with me the whole way through. Plus, the way she teaches the game makes sense to me. And I think I feel the same way she does. I think I'm a misunderstood individual too."

Mulkey hopes she will never say the wrong thing again, but knows she likely will.

"My gut is what I go by," Mulkey said. "I do what I personally think is the right thing to do. It may not come across as politically correct, but my heart is in the right place. It's sometimes taken the wrong way. And, you know, that's fair. I don't want to hurt anybody. We all have our badness. But my good, I hope, will always far outweigh my bad."

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not a particular fan but I am less a fan of Baylor than I am of LSU, if that makes any sense at all. I dislike Baylor intensely for a number of reasons, none of which have to do with Kim, so I guess I'd rather have her in the SEC, even though I'm a Tennessee fan forever.

Last edited by summertime blues on 12/02/21 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil

PostPosted: 12/02/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very interesting article, and longer than anything else I've read recently, I thought the long form was dead.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/04/21 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Voepel typically does some great work, especially when she's providing insight on a wbb icon.

When I first knew Kim, I just thought she was a loose cannon, albeit an entertaining one. As time has passed I realized that she had far more substance to her than most might realize. I wish her all the best in Baton Rouge.Cool

PostPosted: 12/04/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Voepel typically does some great work, especially when she's providing insight on a wbb icon.

When I first knew Kim, I just thought she was a loose cannon, albeit an entertaining one. As time has passed I realized that she had far more substance to her than most might realize. I wish her all the best in Baton Rouge.Cool

Love Kim!

Loved the article!

And......I think that success will come sooner rather than later. She is a force of nature and I expect SC/LSU to be 1-2 in the SEC for the next 12-15 years.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 12/04/21 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:

Love Kim!

Loved the article!

And......I think that success will come sooner rather than later. She is a force of nature and I expect SC/LSU to be 1-2 in the SEC for the next 12-15 years.

Ditto.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 12/05/21 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:

Love Kim!

Loved the article!

And......I think that success will come sooner rather than later. She is a force of nature and I expect SC/LSU to be
1-2 in the SEC for the next 12-15 years.

I think GA/Tenn and Texas when Vic comes back to SEC will have a great impact on whether happens or not.

Conway Gamecock

PostPosted: 12/05/21 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Davis4632 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Howee wrote:

Love Kim!

Loved the article!

And......I think that success will come sooner rather than later. She is a force of nature and I expect SC/LSU to be
1-2 in the SEC for the next 12-15 years.

I think GA/Tenn and Texas when Vic comes back to SEC will have a great impact on whether happens or not.

Agree - the SEC is looking to return to the top WCBB conference throne again real soon.....

Phil

PostPosted: 12/06/21 9:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Conway Gamecock"

Agree - the SEC is looking to return to the top WCBB conference throne again real soon.....[/quote]

Massey had the SEC as the top overall conference a few days ago, but the Texas win over TAMU bumped them down to second behind the Big 12

Edit
I stand corrected - must have had Massey open to an old date - SEC is the top conference per Massey

Howee

PostPosted: 12/06/21 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mr. Massey is clearly a stat whiz extraordinaire. Maybe even as good as pilight....who knows? Much of what I see there is sensible, but I shall never get my head around his SOS rankings: Southern University and Texas Southern rank #1 & 2, just ahead of UConn and Stanford. Shocked Laughing

PostPosted: 12/06/21 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Mr. Massey is clearly a stat whiz extraordinaire. Maybe even as good as pilight....who knows? Much of what I see there is sensible, but I shall never get my head around his SOS rankings: Southern University and Texas Southern rank #1 & 2, just ahead of UConn and Stanford. Shocked Laughing

Southern opened the season playing @ Texas A&M before embarking on a road trip through the frigid midwest playing @ Marquette, @ Iowa, and @ Iowa State. That's certainly a brutal opening to their schedule!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: