RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 commits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/22/21 5:55 pm    ::: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

Komorea Arnold, 5’8 pg out of Wisconsin, commits to UCONN.

PostPosted: 11/22/21 6:14 pm    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Her height seems to be in great dispute. I've seen everything from 5-5 to 5-10, most often probably 5-6.
myrtle

PostPosted: 11/22/21 8:37 pm    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Her height seems to be in great dispute. I've seen everything from 5-5 to 5-10, most often probably 5-6.

if she's not top 5 she won't ever get to play anyway.

SPD

PostPosted: 01/10/22 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

12/31/2021 - Diana Collins (PG) commits to the University of Georgia!

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/239036

https://wbbblog.com/georgia-womens-basketball-recruiting/

linkster

PostPosted: 01/12/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn gets another '23 commitment. This one is Ashlyn Shade, a guard of varying height who is ranked No 5 on ESPN. She fills stat sheets and is reported to be very very tough. Some LV fans thought they had a real good shot at her.

If they add Toomey they will have the 3,5 & 8 in 2023 and will have had the No 1 or No 2 recruiting class for 4 years running.

What's encouraging is that despite UConn getting the first bite of the apple there is still a lot of elite level talent going elsewhere. The apple is looking more like a pumpkin. I doubt that Williams '23 will pick the Huskies. But then Geno only had 2 in '22 so a 4 player class is more likely.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 04/12/22 7:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ciera Toomey to UNC.

https://twitter.com/CieraToomey?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1513328432461094915%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

ucbart

PostPosted: 04/12/22 7:13 am    ::: Re: 2023 commits Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

My friend who is 5'9" stood next to her at the FF and she said they were about the same height. In a photo of her and Geno I saw, she was noticeably taller than him and I would guess Geno is about 5'7".

I really hope she isn't 5'6"

SPD

PostPosted: 04/26/22 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kymora Johnson, a 5-8 Guard, has been offered a place on the UGA team! She's a 4 Star /94 grade prospect (HoopGurlz - 2023)

https://twitter.com/WVThunderUAA/status/1519071817046056960/photo/1

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/26/22 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
UConn gets another '23 commitment. This one is Ashlyn Shade, a guard of varying height who is ranked No 5 on ESPN. She fills stat sheets and is reported to be very very tough. Some LV fans thought they had a real good shot at her.

If they add Toomey they will have the 3,5 & 8 in 2023 and will have had the No 1 or No 2 recruiting class for 4 years running.

All those #1/#2 classes and no "ship." Like Duke under JPM, except all those #1/#2 teams didn't even get to a FF.

~rAf
SPD

PostPosted: 04/26/22 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting - Diana A Collins (2023 Guard) who committed to UGA and then de-committed when Joni and her staff left has a new offer from Coach Abe and staff.

https://twitter.com/BrandonClayPSB/status/1519101855858634753

Howee

PostPosted: 04/28/22 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Always fun to speculate on who-when-where but this far out, much can change. For example, a gal this young could actually grow some. And someone else might come on up a few notches. The rankings, while not UNimportant, oughtta be taken with at least a tiny grain o' salt.

I'll forever forward take them with a HUGE grain o' salt, for 2 reasons: Aneesah and Morrow. Razz
How a kid of that talent can go unranked escapes me completely. But yeah, the future is still pretty bright out there. I'm thinking THIS class should be less impacted by the "hangers-on" who are taking advantage of the extra seasons.

PostPosted: 04/28/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Always fun to speculate on who-when-where but this far out, much can change. For example, a gal this young could actually grow some. And someone else might come on up a few notches. The rankings, while not UNimportant, oughtta be taken with at least a tiny grain o' salt.

I'll forever forward take them with a HUGE grain o' salt, for 2 reasons: Aneesah and Morrow. Razz
How a kid of that talent can go unranked escapes me completely. But yeah, the future is still pretty bright out there. I'm thinking THIS class should be less impacted by the "hangers-on" who are taking advantage of the extra seasons.

I think with covid year,s it also limited how much many of the HS players were seen.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 04/28/22 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I think with covid year,s it also limited how much many of the HS players were seen.

To be fair, MaxPreps and ProspectsNation had her at 20 and 45. It was just HoopGurlz that MASSIVELY dropped the ball on that one.

PostPosted: 04/28/22 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With all the players still taking Covid years, grad transfers, and whatnot, as some of you mention, this could limit the number of freshmen recruits. It makes me wonder if more will go the JUCO route for a year or so.

There is a JUCO in the town where my daughter lives that has for years had a seriously good WBB program. Their longtime coach retired a couple of years ago but AFAIK the team is still doing very well. There are other programs (I'm thinking particularly of some in Texas and Kansas) that are WBB factories. Some players could conceivably choose that route if spots continue to be limited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: