RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Oklahoma vs #9 Oregon - 11/20/21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 11/20/21 10:33 am    ::: Oklahoma vs #9 Oregon - 11/20/21 Reply Reply with quote

Paradise Island, BS - 5:00 PM ET
TV: None

Video stream:
https://flosports.link/2WqFOyl (sub)

Audio:
http://goducks.com/liveaudio

Live stats:
http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=377975

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 11/20/21 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/20/21 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oklahoma shooting really well from distance so far up 31-27 on Oregon in the 2nd.

Baranczyk was a great hire for them.

PostPosted: 11/20/21 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmmm. OK led by after the first quarter. OR takes a 1 pt. lead, and now is down by 4.

OK: playing better than last year, that's for certain. Seem VERY well-coached, playing against the size very effectively.

OR: HAHA! Definitely NOT utilizing their size advantage, with the bigs taking far too many 8 footers. Guard play is tentative but not terrible.

PostPosted: 11/20/21 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducks with towering height, but Sooners look really good with energetic and agressive team and individual offensive play.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/21 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good LORD, I've never seen Oregon rebound so POORLY..... Shocked They can touch the ball 2,3 times on a rebound, and OK still gets control of it.

This is an excellent display of fundamentals by OK, and will be an excellent challenge for OR to learn some toughness in a comeback -- if they can!

PostPosted: 11/20/21 6:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sabally asserting herself in the second half. Hitting her only 3 and driving to the basket. I'd like the Ducks to win so I can see the "battle of the giants".

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/21 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Sabally asserting herself in the second half. Hitting her only 3 and driving to the basket. I'd like the Ducks to win so I can see the "battle of the giants".

Tonight, Oregon's *giants* are about as effective as a car lot skydancer tonight. OK is actually outrebounding OR, and even has more O-boards - NOT a good look for The Big Girls.

Add to that, Oklahoma's hot from 3.... Cool

PostPosted: 11/20/21 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FINALLY! Oregon starts playing tough!

PostPosted: 11/20/21 7:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

Tonight, Oregon's *giants* are about as effective as a car lot skydancer tonight. OK is actually outrebounding OR, and even has more O-boards - NOT a good look for The Big Girls.

Half (36-73) of Okl's shots were threes. That leads to a lot of long rebounds. Prince and Sabally both ended up with double doubles. I can't wait to see Sabally against Boston.

I hope the game goes triple OT. Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 11/20/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

98-93 OR final

Likely 2022 draft prospect Sabally with
30 pts (11-19, 1-1 3P, 7-8 FT), 11 reb, 4 ast, 3 TO, 3 blk, 1 stl in 31 min

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
taropatch

PostPosted: 11/20/21 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duck guard, Paopao didn't play? Hope she's all healed up at least.

brunie1064

PostPosted: 11/20/21 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
Duck guard, Paopao didn't play? Hope she's all healed up at least.

"Out indefinitely" per OU release. Did not make the trip

root_thing

PostPosted: 11/20/21 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Paopao started against Dixie State and moved around pretty well for the first couple of minutes. Then, during the third minute, she left with a mild limp and never returned. I did not see how she injured herself. Te-Hina was guarding someone near the foul line, then rushed laterally to challenge an open shooter. A whistle blew because of activity under the basket, and Paopao walked off with a slight limp. It didn't look serious, but here we are with Te-Hina out indefinitely.

PostPosted: 11/20/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

Half (36-73) of Okl's shots were threes. That leads to a lot of long rebounds. Prince and Sabally both ended up with double doubles. I can't wait to see Sabally against Boston.

without either of their PGs it's going to be difficult for Sabally to ever see the ball against SoCaro.

linkster

PostPosted: 11/20/21 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
linkster wrote:
Howee wrote:
linkster wrote:

without either of their PGs it's going to be difficult for Sabally to ever see the ball against SoCaro.

Sabally did pretty well getting the ball at the top of the key. Today she was able to shoot or drive successfully. Either the Okl player was slow or else Sabally has a nasty first step for a post.

I'm thinking that there may a collision or two tomorrow.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/20/21 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
Sabally did pretty well getting the ball at the top of the key. Today she was able to shoot or drive successfully. Either the Okl player was slow or else Sabally has a nasty first step for a post.

....AND....she might wanna START the game off that way, and not wait til the third quarter. She looked fumbly and out of sorts in the early part of the game, I thought. Prince ALSO looked befuddled most of the time. I really hope Kelly does everything in his power to develop Prince into the dominating player she could be....it wasn't there tonight.

Pinto and Hurst are, imo, excellent candidates for pg: they both demonstrate poise and confidence when they have the ball.

*Much credit to OK for their scrappy hustle, and MAKING Nyarra and Sedona look bumbly. After seeing them tonight, I have no doubt that they'll be in the top 4 of the Big 12.

Last edited by Howee on 11/20/21 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynxmania

PostPosted: 11/20/21 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought we had discussed PaoPao already here but maybe it was the other board…. But I wouldn’t expect her back for a while

https://twitter.com/tehinapaopao12/status/1461860346369482756?s=21

Quote:
wishing my teammates & coaches a great & safe weekend of 🏀 in the bahamas !

i stayed back to get a minor procedure done & to get ahead of the recovery process. this will allow me to be healthier & stronger in preparation for pac12 play. ❤️

AG2JA🙏🏽

PostPosted: 11/21/21 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taylor Robertson is one of my favorite sleeper prospects for the '22 Draft. She could always flat-out shoot with a quick release, and today she not only was 7-10 3PT, but also had 8 assists to 0 to's – a statline she's not accustomed to producing. Legitimately adding a facilitator skill of some sort would really raise her draft stock imo.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/21/21 9:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. Taylor R. has had 4 years of consistent production; she never gets any big media buzz, but she really is amazing. If Laurie Koehn or Rachel Banham found slots on pro rosters as 3pt assassins, I don't know why Taylor might not.

Also, Maddie and Ana performed amazingly well for OK. I'll be surprised if they're not a tourney team, come spring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: