RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Covid Cancellations/Postponements and Reschedules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/28/21 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:
I suspect people will make that suggestion about any high-profile enough program that abruptly drops out of a game, especially in college football where everyone hates everyone's coach.

UCLA's football team is receiving criticism for opting out of the Holiday Bowl just a couple of days after a team outing to Sea World

All the activities UCLA did were set up by the Holiday Bowl and North Carolina State also did the same activities, it's not as if UCLA set up these activities on their own or went around San Diego and did their own things.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/28/21 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Penn State will still be out on Jan. 3 (@ Ohio State).

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/28/21 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
The doomsday posters are so excited for the season to be canceled . Laughing
Laughing it’s not happening especially with the weaker omicron strand allowing cdc to change quarantine from 14 days to now only 5-10.

That's a singularly premature decision. Various parts of the country, like northern New England where I live, are still dealing with a huge Delta surge which is overwhelming our hospitals. Five day quarantines are not adequate for this situation.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UConn v DePaul cancelled.

pilight

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Laughing it’s not happening especially with the weaker omicron strand allowing cdc to change quarantine from 14 days to now only 5-10.

That's a singularly premature decision. Various parts of the country, like northern New England where I live, are still dealing with a huge Delta surge which is overwhelming our hospitals. Five day quarantines are not adequate for this situation.

The CDC disagrees with you.

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana at Rutgers canceled due to Covid issues for Rutgers.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be clear, I don't want the season cancelled. I'm just wondering if it will be the next step as so many things get fucked up from all the Covid positives.
mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Harvard limits attendance to pass list only, masks and proof of vaccination through Jan.23rd.

https://gocrimson.com/news/2021/12/28/general-harvard-athletics-announces-new-indoor-spectator-policy-for-january-term.aspx

pilight

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:
I suspect people will make that suggestion about any high-profile enough program that abruptly drops out of a game, especially in college football where everyone hates everyone's coach.

UCLA's football team is receiving criticism for opting out of the Holiday Bowl just a couple of days after a team outing to Sea World

All the activities UCLA did were set up by the Holiday Bowl and North Carolina State also did the same activities, it's not as if UCLA set up these activities on their own or went around San Diego and did their own things.

They reportedly had a team vote on whether or not to play.

PostPosted: 12/28/21 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The CDC specifically changed their quarantine recommendations based on the Omicron variant.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/28/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

The CDC specifically changed their quarantine recommendations based on the Omicron variant.

Doesn't the CDC usually allow regional/local decisions to go against their recommendation as long as it is more stringent than what they are saying?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GEF34

PostPosted: 12/29/21 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

They reportedly had a team vote on whether or not to play.

That seems to be a rumor started by a North Carolina State player on Twitter.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/29/21 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The MAC opens conference play today with just two of six originally scheduled games, Central Michigan @ Buffalo and Toledo @ Kent State.

“On Thursday, December 23rd, the MAC announced that it has modified its 2021-22 COVID-19 rescheduling policy. The decision was unanimously supported by the Conference's Directors of Athletics due to the current rise in COVID cases and its impact on winter sport programs. If possible, games that cannot be played as scheduled will be rescheduled. If a game cannot be played and cannot be rescheduled, it will be considered a no contest.”

MAC games are every Wednesday and Saturday with no byes, so I’m curious to see how rescheduling will occur if at all.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/29/21 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
pilight wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Doesn't the CDC usually allow regional/local decisions to go against their recommendation as long as it is more stringent than what they are saying?

I don't know the answer to that, but clearly the message that is getting through to the public is that Omicron is now the biggest COVID problem and that a 5-day quarantine is the new standard.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/29/21 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
The MAC opens conference play today with just two of six originally scheduled games, Central Michigan @ Buffalo and Toledo @ Kent State.

“On Thursday, December 23rd, the MAC announced that it has modified its 2021-22 COVID-19 rescheduling policy. The decision was unanimously supported by the Conference's Directors of Athletics due to the current rise in COVID cases and its impact on winter sport programs. If possible, games that cannot be played as scheduled will be rescheduled. If a game cannot be played and cannot be rescheduled, it will be considered a no contest.”

MAC games are every Wednesday and Saturday with no byes, so I’m curious to see how rescheduling will occur if at all.

Last year some leagues made up games by playing back to back with the same team in the same location. So the next time they are scheduled to play, that may happen. Unfortunately it kills home court advantage, but they do get the games in that way.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/30/21 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NCAA says tourney will go on as planned.
Quote:
slated to go on in the normal format and there’s been no discussion of playing in a bubble like last season.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/college-basketball/ncaa-tournaments-scheduled-to-go-on-as-planned/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/30/21 9:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
slated to go on in the normal format and there’s been no discussion of playing in a bubble like last season.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/college-basketball/ncaa-tournaments-scheduled-to-go-on-as-planned/

With all these cancellations now I just don't see how a 'normal' tournament can happen. I think things are only going to get worse also with it being winter and lots of indoor activities.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/30/21 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

With all these cancellations now I just don't see how a 'normal' tournament can happen. I think things are only going to get worse also with it being winter and lots of indoor activities.

False bravado and a silly "nothing to see here" attitude have been the hallmarks of the NCAA's public pronouncements since the start of the pandemic.

Does anyone really believe there's been absolutely "no discussion" of a possible bubble? It's never been even mentioned internally? No contingency planning?

Everything's business as usual until they pull a 180 and come up with something completely different.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/30/21 1:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In light of Iowa's opponents all cancelling this week, Iowa has added a game vs. Evansville on Sunday.

PostPosted: 12/30/21 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Both Colorado & Utah now have covid issues, so they can’t play their games against the Oregon schools. 12 PAC-12 conference games this weekend have turned into just two.

Schools that now are healthy but have to sit around should just schedule games against each other, if it’s not too late – especially Oregon & Oregon State. Just play now and open up the dates y’all were supposed to play each other as potential makeup games or whatever. Otherwise, I can’t see most let alone all of these games getting made up in a timely manner.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/30/21 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEEE-ZOO-EY!

4 of the 6 PAC 12 opening conference games have been postponed. Mad

PostPosted: 12/30/21 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve given up reporting all of the games. There’s just too many. Yesterday there were more cancellations/postponements than there were played games in D1.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/30/21 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seven ranked teams had their games cancelled today.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/30/21 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

perhaps the ncaa is hoping for herd immunity by March?

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/30/21 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Schools that now are healthy but have to sit around should just schedule games against each other, if it’s not too late – especially Oregon & Oregon State. Just play now and open up the dates y’all were supposed to play each other as potential makeup games or whatever. Otherwise, I can’t see most let alone all of these games getting made up in a timely manner.

good idea Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: