RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fall Signing Period

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/10/21 1:32 pm    ::: Fall Signing Period Reply Reply with quote

Signing period. Signs today.

NDSU signs two: 6’3 wing Elle Evans out of Illinois and 6’3 F Marwa Bedziri out of Sweden.

SPD

PostPosted: 11/10/21 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janiah Barker signed with the University of Georgia today!

https://www.facebook.com/UGAWomensBasketball/posts/4790200737670577

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 11/10/21 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette signed 3 players and I had only heard of one of them committing before this (just not much media coverage of the team):

https://gomarquette.com/news/2021/11/10/womens-basketball-marquette-signs-three-to-national-letters-of-intent.aspx

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/11/21 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tenn signed Justine Pissott, 5-star wing from NJ.

okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/11/21 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mulkey didn't do too shabby for year 1.

Flau jae Johnson #26 overall, #6 G
Sa/myah Smith #58 overall, #12 F
6'2" W Alisa Williams
Last-Tear Poa, 5'11" JUCO W. An Aussie that was the 2021 JUCO Tourney MVP.
A walk-on G

PostPosted: 11/11/21 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan continues to do well in the state of Indiana with two signees from the same AAU program as Amy Dilk, Maddie Nolan and Emily Kiser. Plus we got an Aussie in their national program.

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/11/11/womens-basketball-wolverines-ink-three-to-national-letters-of-intent.aspx

osubeavers

PostPosted: 11/11/21 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oregon State scores #3 recruiting class (per ESPN)
https://twitter.com/BeaverWBB/status/1458584518000975872

Includes
#6 overall Timea Gardiner
#10 overall Raegan Beers

PostPosted: 11/11/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina signed its lone commit - Hoopgurlz overall #18 PG Talaysia Cooper.

The Gamecocks are still in the hunt for #12 P Ashlyn Watkins - she's scheduled to make her commitment announcement AND signing on November 17th, the final day of the early signing period....

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 11/12/21 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#21 Paris Clark was not included in UCLA's sigining class. Probably a good move on her part to look elsewhere with Kiki Rice and Londynn Jones in the same class.

8 ESPN Top 100 recruits have yet to commit:

#12 Ashlyn Watkins - 6-3 P - SC
#17 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs - 6-1 W - OK
#20 Indya Nivar - 5-9 G - NC
#21 Paris Clark - 5-8 G - NY
#32 Maggie Mendelsohn - 6-6 C - UT
#43 Tabitha Amanze - 6-4 C - NJ
#64 Kaylene Smikle - 5-11 W - PA
#86 Saniya Glenn - 5-11 W - NY

However, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, TCU, Iowa, Northwestern, Rutgers, Stanford, USC and Washinngton State have all yet to announce their signing classes.

PostPosted: 11/12/21 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
#21 Paris Clark was not included in UCLA's sigining class. Probably a good move on her part to look elsewhere with Kiki Rice and Londynn Jones in the same class.

8 ESPN Top 100 recruits have yet to commit:

#12 Ashlyn Watkins - 6-3 P - SC
#17 Darianna Littlepage-Buggs - 6-1 W - OK
#20 Indya Nivar - 5-9 G - NC
#21 Paris Clark - 5-8 G - NY
#32 Maggie Mendelsohn - 6-6 C - UT
#43 Tabitha Amanze - 6-4 C - NJ
#64 Kaylene Smikle - 5-11 W - PA
#86 Saniya Glenn - 5-11 W - NY

However, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, TCU, Iowa, Northwestern, Rutgers, Stanford, USC and Washinngton State have all yet to announce their signing classes.

Amanze signed with Princeton.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/12/21 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:

What do you mean by "announce their signing classes"? Jada Gyamfi, Hannah Stuelke, and Taylor McCabe just signed this week for Iowa.

PostPosted: 11/13/21 1:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

What do you mean by "announce their signing classes"? Jada Gyamfi, Hannah Stuelke, and Taylor McCabe just signed this week for Iowa.

Press release or it didn't happen. Cool I'm not seeing anything official, at least not on the Hawkeye website.

PostPosted: 11/13/21 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

However, Florida State, Georgia Tech, NC State, Virginia, Virginia Tech, TCU, Iowa, Northwestern, Rutgers, Stanford, USC and Washington State have all yet to announce their signing classes.

Press release or it didn't happen. I'm not seeing anything official, at least not on the Hawkeye website.

So a photo of the player signing the form isn't sufficient?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/13/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
PickledGinger wrote:

Press release or it didn't happen. Cool I'm not seeing anything official, at least not on the Hawkeye website.

I consider official social media sites as good as the website. Iowa had confirmed their three commits early on their Twitter site. Stanford confirmed two. I haven’t seen anything from NC State.

SPD

PostPosted: 11/13/21 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Janiah Barker and Sydney Bowles, two of the highest rated players in the nation, will join talented point guard product (prospect?) Tineya Hylton in Georgia's 2022 signing class, head coach Joni Taylor announced Saturday.

Each have signed a national letter of intent with the Lady Bulldogs and will soon begin their freshmen seasons."

https://georgiadogs.com/news/2021/11/13/womens-basketball-georgia-inks-premier-prospects-in-2022-signing-class.aspx

PG4ever

PostPosted: 12/23/21 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did NC State sign any recruit during the fall signing period?

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 12/23/21 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:

I don’t believe that they did.

GEF34

PostPosted: 12/23/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

Given the current state of college athletics with the extra COVID year and transfer portal I don't think that worry it once was. There have already been a lot of players that have entered the transfer portal that North Carolina State could be in the running for, and with them getting the extra COVID year they may not even have space for a 2022 class.

I know it has been mentioned in other sports that some schools have withdrawn offers from freshmen because they've had players already on the team express they would like to use their COVID year when it comes time to use it and the coaches prefer to give that scholarship spot to the current player.

Edited: they didn't withdrawn offers from freshmen already on the team, I mean high schoolers that would be incoming freshmen.

Last edited by GEF34 on 12/23/21 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
PG4ever

PostPosted: 12/23/21 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:
PG4ever wrote:

Given the current state of college athletics with the extra COVID year and transfer portal I don't think that worry it once was. There have already been a lot of players that have entered the transfer portal that North Carolina State could be in the running for, and with them getting the extra COVID year they may not even have space for a 2022 class.

I know it has been mentioned in other sports that some schools have withdrawn offers from freshmen because they've had players already on the team express they would like to use their COVID year when it comes time to use it and the coaches prefer to give that scholarship spot to the current player.

Yeah, with the covid year and the new transfer rule, it's not surprising. I think 3 or 4 of the top 25 teams (including NC State) didn't sign at least one prospect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: