RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Online Resources and Streaming Services
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/08/21 11:26 am    ::: Online Resources and Streaming Services Reply Reply with quote

Calling all WBB junkies Exclamation A couple questions for you:

1. What is the easiest way to find scores and stats for games?

I often use:
https://www.ncaa.com/scoreboard/basketball-women/d1
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/scoreboard
A google search of "NCAA women's basketball"
Going directly to the schedule tab of the school's official website and clicking on the boxscore. (This gets cumbersome Evil or Very Mad.)

2. What cable/streaming services do you subscribe to? AKA how do you watch games?

I currently pay for Hulu with Live TV ($65/month) and B1G+ ($15/month).
Pros: I can watch pretty much any SEC/ACC/B1G game (live or on demand).
Cons: I rarely have access to Big 12/Pac 12/games from smaller conferences.

Is there a better option out there? AKA cheaper that would allow me to access more? Was thinking about Sling TV (for PAC12 net) or biting the bullet and paying for ESPN+ (to get more Big 12 and smaller conference games). Crying or Very sad

Please share any tips and resources! The season is upon us. DM's are open for anything you'd like to share off the record. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 11/08/21 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Stats are really obnoxious. ESPN is generally the best I've found and is usually better for P-5 teams, although they do sometimes experience delays for scores which drive me up a wall. I think other sites tend to be more delayed.

For stats for after games, I use......

https://natstat.com/wbb/stats/player-standard

This is the one that we actually use for our Fantasy League as it tends to be the most accurate out there.

http://hosted.stats.com/wcbk/leaders.asp

2. I have a Pac-12, Big 10 Network, ACC Network, ESPN, ESPN2 all through my family.

I then subscribe to ESPN+ for (4.99) I suppose I should consider BIG+ this year, but I'm too cheap to do that and usually I can watch the games I want on the network.

There's the bane of our existence because even with all these games, you'll have to shell out extra to watch your team at Thanksgiving Tournaments in the Bahamas using FloHoops. That's going to be 30 bucks for one month of streaming. Rude.

icey23

PostPosted: 11/08/21 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t have cable so how can I access SEC+ games?

PostPosted: 11/08/21 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NCAA's official stats are quite good

http://stats.ncaa.org/team/inst_team_list?sport_code=WBB&division=1

PostPosted: 11/08/21 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
I don’t have cable so how can I access SEC+ games?

https://thestreamable.com/channels/sec-network-plus

okstateguy

PostPosted: 11/08/21 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have Youtube TV and ESPN+. For the most part, I get to watch all the games I want to

PostPosted: 11/08/21 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

YouTube TV has been great for me along with BTN+ and ESPN+ to catch B1G and MAC games not on TV.

mred

PostPosted: 11/09/21 11:32 am    ::: Re: Online Resources and Streaming Services Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Was thinking about Sling TV (for PAC12 net) or biting the bullet and paying for ESPN+ (to get more Big 12 and smaller conference games). Crying or Very sad

Since you have Hulu already, you can add ESPN+ AND Disney+ for only $8 extra per month. It's a great deal.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/09/21 11:41 am    ::: Re: Online Resources and Streaming Services Reply Reply with quote

mred wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
Was thinking about Sling TV (for PAC12 net) or biting the bullet and paying for ESPN+ (to get more Big 12 and smaller conference games). Crying or Very sad

Since you have Hulu already, you can add ESPN+ AND Disney+ for only $8 extra per month. It's a great deal.

Does Hulu offer local channels? I honestly can't remember which ones offer what.

I have Youtube TV and have been pretty happy with it for the most part. I mean, just allowing me to get rid of DirecTV made me super happy.

mred

PostPosted: 11/09/21 12:12 pm    ::: Re: Online Resources and Streaming Services Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:

Does Hulu offer local channels? I honestly can't remember which ones offer what.

I have Youtube TV and have been pretty happy with it for the most part. I mean, just allowing me to get rid of DirecTV made me super happy.

Looks like it, but I don't have personal experience. I have youtube tv as well -- I do the Hulu-Disney-ESPN bundle with the cheap Hulu plan, not Hulu live.

taropatch

PostPosted: 11/15/21 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New to me, I saw a reference in a volleyball forum to a service called Vidgo.
Sounds interesting -- $55/month with access to the regular sports channels plus conference channels (SEC, ACC, etc). Anyone using this service?

For now I still do Hulu Live plus ESPN+

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 11/27/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
New to me, I saw a reference in a volleyball forum to a service called Vidgo.
Sounds interesting -- $55/month with access to the regular sports channels plus conference channels (SEC, ACC, etc). Anyone using this service?

For now I still do Hulu Live plus ESPN+

Has anyone checked this out yet? I've been comparing it to Sling (what I have right now). More sports channels and less $$$$. It looks like I would be losing ACC+ and SEC+ but gaining all of the BIG10 and PAC-12 channels. Sling has ESPN3 but VIDGO has FS1 and FS2.

They have a Plus and a Premium plan. Plus is $55/month and Premium is $80/month. For sports, there would be no benefit in going with the Premium plan. With Sling I would have to get Orange, Blue and the sports extra plans for $72.00/month. I think.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/13/21 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just received an Email from YouTubeTV. Their contract with Disney is up on Friday 12/17, and unless they can finalize a new one, they'll lose their Disney content, which includes ESPN/2/U/News, SECN, ACCN, as well as login access to ESPN3, and assorted non-sports channels.

YT-TV will reduce their price by approx the same amount it will cost to subscribe to the Disney bundle which includes Hulu and ESPN+, and regain those sports channels, except Hulu doesn't mention access to ESPN3.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 12/13/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So I'd been rolling with Hulu+LiveTV this season, but they are raising the price by $5 next month so I cancelled and was looking into YouTubeTV, but I hadn't heard about the difficulties negotiating with Disney! Might look into Sling...

Btw, thank you to everyone who posted stuff in this thread earlier. I bookmarked all the stat site suggestions --a lot of which were new to me-- and have been enjoying making use of them this season.

PostPosted: 12/14/21 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
So I'd been rolling with Hulu+LiveTV this season, but they are raising the price by $5 next month so I cancelled and was looking into YouTubeTV, but I hadn't heard about the difficulties negotiating with Disney! Might look into Sling...

Btw, thank you to everyone who posted stuff in this thread earlier. I bookmarked all the stat site suggestions --a lot of which were new to me-- and have been enjoying making use of them this season.

YT-TV had a contract issue with Roku last year, where Google wanted Roku to supply them with all of their data on customers' streaming habits. Roku said No and stood its ground, and Google removed its YT-TV app from the Roku app store (even though you could still stream their content through a link on the YT app). Apparently it got resolved because Roku just sent out an Email last week saying the app was being restored.

I think/hope this current dust-up will be resolved quickly because YT-TV is going to lose a LOT of subscribers if they lose all the ESPN stations. I was also using my YT-TV sign-in to ESPN3, and I don't know how I can manage that.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/18/21 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The YouTubeTV and Disney contract has come to an end. Drat! Michigan is on ESPN tomorrow. Sad

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/18/21 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
The YouTubeTV and Disney contract has come to an end. Drat! Michigan is on ESPN tomorrow. Sad

I wanted to watch the volleyball final tonight Sad. ESPN is the network I watch the most so now I'm trying to figure out if we want to switch to something else. But my huband really likes a lot of the things about YouTubeTV and doesn't watch ESPN as much as me and doesn't want to switch.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/18/21 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, this YouTubeTV issue is a pain in the butt. Last night I was watching the FCS National Semifinal between James Madison and North Dakota State. I lost my ESPN2 feed late in the 4th quarter. I about lost my sh*t.

I have really liked YouTubeTV but there's no way I can stay with them if this doesn't get fixed soon. I guess some friends have Fubo TV and they are pretty happy with it so I may look into that as well.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/18/21 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
Yeah, this YouTubeTV issue is a pain in the butt. Last night I was watching the FCS National Semifinal between James Madison and North Dakota State. I lost my ESPN2 feed late in the 4th quarter. I about lost my sh*t.

I have really liked YouTubeTV but there's no way I can stay with them if this doesn't get fixed soon. I guess some friends have Fubo TV and they are pretty happy with it so I may look into that as well.

I may do the week trial of Fubo to get me through…

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/18/21 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

I may do the week trial of Fubo to get me through…

I’ve never even heard of that. I have a bit of research to do now.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/19/21 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I’ve seen some message board action re: YouTubeTV getting ESPN back!

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/19/21 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

I was out shopping and let out a woo hoo when I saw the email saying a deal had been reached 😀. ESPN is back on my lineup

Howee

PostPosted: 12/19/21 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I was out shopping and let out a woo hoo when I saw the email saying a deal had been reached 😀. ESPN is back on my lineup

Hmmm. For real??

I just bought YouTube Live a couple of weeks ago, with zero foreknowledge of the ESPN dustup. I was REALLY torqued when I went to watch the Stanford/TN lineup and discovered this (I don't watch much TV otherwise). I immediately went to a free week of Hulu Live TV just to have access to the games this weekend.

BUTTTT....if YT-Live has the ESPNs back, I'm good with that. I can't seem to find any way to get Pac 12 games easily, but OR has feeds for their home games, at least.

PostPosted: 12/19/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I just bought YouTube Live a couple of weeks ago, with zero foreknowledge of the ESPN dustup. I was REALLY torqued when I went to watch the Stanford/TN lineup and discovered this (I don't watch much TV otherwise). I immediately went to a free week of Hulu Live TV just to have access to the games this weekend.

BUTTTT....if YT-Live has the ESPNs back, I'm good with that. I can't seem to find any way to get Pac 12 games easily, but OR has feeds for their home games, at least.

The cheapest way I could find to get Pac-12 is through Sling and it's $46/mo.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/19/21 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Hmmm. For real??

We've had YTTV for awhile but I hadn't heard until a few days ago that they hadn't been able to reach a deal with ESPN. I was trying to figure out an alternative way to get ESPN but the options just weren't good.

I got the email this afternoon that they reached a deal and the ESPN networks were added back to our lineup pretty quickly after that and ABC is back now.

I'm happy for now until they can't reach a deal next time Sad .

I also pay for the Disney bundle to get ESPN+ and Hulu (it's not Hulu live though). Not sure how much I really need Hulu but with having ESPN+ and Disney+ I may as well get their bundle with the Hulu. So far I'm only using Hulu for ESPN+ stuff as my ESPN+ doesn't work correctly since I went to the bundle and support couldn't help me (I had disney+ and espn+ separately before).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: