RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 Coaching Movement
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
basketballologist

PostPosted: 12/22/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matthew Mitchell to his alma mater Mississippi State
Felicia Legette Jack to her alma Syracuse

So open up the Buffalo job.

Also, I'm hearing this is Joye Lee McNelis' last season at Southern Mississippi. She's battling aggressive cancer.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/22/21 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Wow, I feel like this is quite a few openings for 2022 this early in the season, with some pretty good programs already known that they will be open: Miss State, Texas A&M, Syracuse.

Katie Abramson-Henderson - UCF - 49-19/.721 in AAC
Natasha Adair - Delaware - 38-16/.704 in CAA
Amaka Agugua-Hamilton - Missouri State - 32-2/.941 in MVC
Megan Duffy - Marquette - 27-8/.771 in Big East
Jose Fernandez - South Florida - 113-52/.685 in AAC since 2011
Lisa Fortier - Gonzaga - 106-19/.848 in WCC
Jennifer Gross - UC Davis - 107-49/.686 in Big West
Shauna Green - Dayton - 65-12/.844 in A10
Felicia Legette-Jack - BUffalo - 95-64/.597 in MAC
Karl Smesko - FGCU - 200-17/.922 in ASun
Jaime White - Fresno State - 86-40/.629 in MWC

Who else on the watchlist for a Power 5 job? What prominent assistant coaches might be ready for the leap?

I mentioned this in the IUPUI/Iowa game thread, but Austin Parkinson seems past ready to move up. What he has done with the Jags has been really impressive.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 12/22/21 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:
Wow, I feel like this is quite a few openings for 2022 this early in the season, with some pretty good programs already known that they will be open: Miss State, Texas A&M, Syracuse.

Who else on the watchlist for a Power 5 job? What prominent assistant coaches might be ready for the leap?

Shhh - everyone needs to stay away from Duffy Smile . Yeah I'm realistic and figure she'll move onto a P5 job sooner or later though.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/22/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

I’m glad to hear Mitchell is able to return to coaching.

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/22/21 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was gonna say, I thought Mitchell was medically out of the game.

PostPosted: 12/23/21 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

I don't think we know that Mitchell is able to return.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/23/21 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

I think you're right. That previous post may be in error. I can't find any news release about Mitchell going to MSST, and here's an interview with him from a month ago saying he was not returning to coaching basketball and has other plans. It's still good to see that he's able to return to something productive though.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/causes/former-uk-womens-basketball-coach-matthew-mitchell-discuses-life-after-basketball/vi-AAQUD0l

~UK~

PostPosted: 12/23/21 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:

Also, I'm hearing this is Joye Lee McNelis' last season at Southern Mississippi. She's battling aggressive cancer.

Mathew Mitchell coaching again?!! Laughing Laughing Laughing He’s too busy hanging out in Cabo and trying to convince people he should have a singing career.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/23/21 6:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
PG4ever wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
basketballologist wrote:

I think you're right. That previous post may be in error. I can't find any news release about Mitchell going to MSST, and here's an interview with him from a month ago saying he was not returning to coaching basketball and has other plans. It's still good to see that he's able to return to something productive though.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/causes/former-uk-womens-basketball-coach-matthew-mitchell-discuses-life-after-basketball/vi-AAQUD0l

I think it was a very late answer to Pickled Ginger’s question, “Who else on the watchlist for a Power 5 job? What prominent assistant coaches might be ready for the leap?” - just someone’s idea of what they wanted to see filled at the end of the season.

eibln

PostPosted: 01/03/22 4:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Could Robyn Fralick - Bowling Green be a candidate for a bigger job? Her first two seasons were bad but she turned it around last season. They are currently 6-4 this season.

eibln

PostPosted: 01/03/22 4:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
purduefanatic wrote:

Could Robyn Fralick - Bowling Green be a candidate for a bigger job? Her first two seasons were bad but she turned it around last season. They are currently 6-4 this season.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 02/15/22 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UNCW making a change ... Karen Barefoot is no longer the HC

https://uncwsports.com/news/2022/2/14/womens-basketball-seahawks-make-change-in-wbb-program.aspx

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 02/24/22 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina State has ended contract of Audra Smith

https://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2022/2/24/womens-basketball-sc-state-university-ends-contract-of-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/24/22 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:

https://www.scsuathletics.com/news/2022/2/24/womens-basketball-sc-state-university-ends-contract-of-womens-basketball-coach.aspx

This is an interesting extension. 16-16 in their first season, 4-21 this year. I'm not sure I'm seeing the basis here.

eibln

PostPosted: 02/25/22 6:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.hourdetroit.com/sports-topics/u-m-womens-basketball-coach-kim-barnes-arico-says-shes-a-wolverine-for-life/

Just in case anybody names coach Arico as a candidate for a high profile job this season or the future. She is a Michigan “lifer”. Likely will get a good contract extension after this season anyway.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/25/22 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

This is an interesting extension. 16-16 in their first season, 4-21 this year. I'm not sure I'm seeing the basis here.

I think you read that wrong. Wink

The timing on this is interesting. Did she foresee the firing and hit the school with a suit in advance, or did the school retaliate for the lawsuit?

https://thetandd.com/sports/bulldogzone/basketball/womens-hoops-coach-suing-sc-state-audra-smith-relieved-of-duties/article_f787ce51-c3c6-59a7-b64c-76fad6435ae6.html

mzonefan

PostPosted: 02/25/22 8:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eibln wrote:
https://www.hourdetroit.com/sports-topics/u-m-womens-basketball-coach-kim-barnes-arico-says-shes-a-wolverine-for-life/

Just in case anybody names coach Arico as a candidate for a high profile job this season or the future. She is a Michigan “lifer”. Likely will get a good contract extension after this season anyway.

She’s turning Michigan into a high-profile job of her own!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 02/25/22 9:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Coyotes wrote:
thefutureisbright wrote:

I think you read that wrong. Wink

The timing on this is interesting. Did she foresee the firing and hit the school with a suit in advance, or did the school retaliate for the lawsuit?

https://thetandd.com/sports/bulldogzone/basketball/womens-hoops-coach-suing-sc-state-audra-smith-relieved-of-duties/article_f787ce51-c3c6-59a7-b64c-76fad6435ae6.html

Ended. Okay, I read that as extended. To be fair, I only added ten to a word. 10/10 would not recommend.

Yeah, definitely curious timing, but only a few games to go and if it's becoming messy, I can see why they'd end it early.

thefutureisbright

PostPosted: 02/28/22 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Florida removes Interim tag and names Kelly Rae Finley HC.

https://floridagators.com/news/2022/2/28/womens-basketball-kelly-rae-finley-named-11th-womens-basketball-coach-at-florida.aspx

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/28/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thefutureisbright wrote:
Florida removes Interim tag and names Kelly Rae Finley HC.

https://floridagators.com/news/2022/2/28/womens-basketball-kelly-rae-finley-named-11th-womens-basketball-coach-at-florida.aspx

She's done a terrific job. I commend her...and them.

PostPosted: 02/28/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not necessarily for this year, but Marist HC Brian Giorgis will retire at end of next season 22-23. His replacement will be AC, Erin Doughty.

https://goredfoxes.com/news/2022/2/28/womens-basketball-giorgis-announces-retirement-following-2022-23-season.aspx

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/28/22 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eibln wrote:

Isn't that what everyone believed about Kim Mulkey?

I thought so too. But after she up and left Baylor, I have a hard time believing that anyone is truly untouchable.

PG4ever

PostPosted: 02/28/22 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
eibln wrote:

I thought so too. But after she up and left Baylor, I have a hard time believing that anyone is truly untouchable.

To start, Mulkey and KBA have different make-ups and different relationships with their ADs (former in Mulkey's case). In addition, Mulkey is from La. and didn't have young kids whereas KBA still has kids in middle and high school. So even though Mulkey had been at Baylor for twenty-plus years, I'd be more surprised if KBA left Michigan (especially in the next 5-6years) than I was when Mulkey left Baylor. Never know of course but that's my 2 cents.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/22 1:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
eibln wrote:

To start, Mulkey and KBA have different make-ups and different relationships with their ADs (former in Mulkey's case). In addition, Mulkey is from La. and didn't have young kids whereas KBA still has kids in middle and high school. So even though Mulkey had been at Baylor for twenty-plus years, I'd be more surprised if KBA left Michigan (especially in the next 5-6years) than I was when Mulkey left Baylor. Never know of course but that's my 2 cents.

Maybe, but the programs they would be leaving are light years apart also. Mulkey walked away from one of the most elite programs in the nation ( that she had personally built). Three championships, ten elite 8s, and who knows how many conference titles. No one does something like that, which is why it was shocking and virtually unprecedented. There was nowhere for her to move up, and frankly she moved down. There are LOTS of schools that would be an enormous step up for Arico, from a school that has a single sweet 16 appearance to its name. I wouldn't be surprised at all if (and that's a big "if") she had the opportunity to take over at an elite program, whether she would actually say no on the chance she might someday be able to win at Michigan. You think if, say, the Stanford job became available that she would turn it down if offered? Seriously?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 03/01/22 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 2 of 44

Jump to: