RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2021-2022 Fantasy League?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 10/18/21 11:18 am    ::: 2021-2022 Fantasy League? Reply Reply with quote

Does anyone want to do a fantasy league this season? Season starts in 3 weeks.

PostPosted: 10/18/21 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to one.

PostPosted: 10/18/21 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/18/21 1:31 pm    ::: Re: 2021-2022 Fantasy League? Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
Does anyone want to do a fantasy league this season? Season starts in 3 weeks.

I've never done anything fantasy, teach me how. I would love to do something like this.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/18/21 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We could do one. Iā€™m famous for being committed early and burning out late though. Myrtle has done the stats in the past, but know that they would much prefer someone else to organize. In theory, I could commit to doing a weekly update of stats, but I would not like to be doing a nightly update.

In terms of a format, Iā€™ll get some deets on what we used in the past, and see if we can settle on that.

Cooper2009

PostPosted: 10/18/21 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want to be in on this. Can I learn with yā€™all?

PostPosted: 10/18/21 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iā€™m going to pick my team on my own, since I shouldnā€™t be in this year. But next year I will definitely play with yā€™all. But I do plan on picking a mix of power five and mid-major players, just to imitate what it would be like in your league. šŸ˜‚

GEF34

PostPosted: 10/18/21 11:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't participate this year, but I can't help with draft order if needed. In the past it has been a snake draft.

adamj95

PostPosted: 10/19/21 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We would need to start drafting sooner rather than later after we get for sure how many people want to play. I can help with stats but iā€™ve never ran a fantasy league before.

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes. I don't know how, but I want to play Teach me, or let me know what to read and I will read it.
hoopmom

PostPosted: 10/19/21 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iā€™ll participate

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can set up the scoring, Iā€™d like us to get a rolling draft started as soon as possible. Iā€™d say we want people to be committed by Saturdayā€”EOB. Myrtle, Iā€™ll set everything up, I just want you to play so that your Miraclez can finally lose for once in a goddamn season.

Iā€™m copying the rules from the past for a starting pointā€”open to suggestions.

Rules

- Head to Head (H2H) instead of cumulative (see schedule in 2nd post)
- 12 player roster (drafting info in 3rd post below)
- 8 player weekly active players as in 2G, 2F, 1C or TF, and 3U.
- each active player shall have only one game count in any particular timeframe. You can choose which one of their games to count.
- a player's position shall be whatever is listed on the team's website. If a team website uses the designations Post or Wing, they shall be construed as follows: P = F/C and W = G/F. a TF is any F who is over 6ā€™2ā€. A U can be any player
- we are playing without an IR since we have 4 inactive players at any time
- stats count only for starting lineup players (bench player stats don't count)
- owners must post their weekly lineup in this thread - bench players' stats don't count for your team so this is REALLY important. You can post week by week, for the month, or for a whole season. Please post clearly player name, school, conference and the position at which you are playing them as well as the date of the game you wish to count. Lineups must be posted before your games start for the week, but you can change out a player from your lineup if they do not play in their designated game so long as you have a legal inactive player who has games left in the given time period.
- In the case that a team doesn't put in a lineup, the lineup from the prior week will be used and the first game will be used for each player. edit: that lineup will be set and cannot change once the first player on the lineup starts her game. Exception would be if one of the players does not have a game that week, in which case she can be replaced.
- games counted are only against D1 opponents.
- scoring determined by pts, reb, ast, steals, blk, 3's-made, 3pt%, FG%, FT%, & TOs. To win any weekā€™s matchup you must win more categories than your opponent for that week. Ties are possible and will be scored as such
- player eligibility is Division I only (no DivII, DivIII, or intramural players)
- open free agency - first to the punch wins
- transaction limits:
- two transactions in a calender week (runs from 12 am Tuesday to 12 am following Tuesday Eastern time - this is Monday midnight). In addition to add/subtract, you may trade a player or players to another fantasizer which would count as one transaction. You may freely make transactions until the games start Nov 5.
- trade/transaction deadline: Feb 11
- live draft will have snake format (the last team to draft in the first round will draft first in the second round and so forth)
- players can be drafted only once by only one team (two different teams cannot have the same player)
- we may work out a play off system at the end of the season

This is the thread from year before, with rules & regs: http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=92695

And this the final standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MZ-36a9nvH1h2jChJAlZCKuizDWtmNG8mYYY92BTvbQ/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Iā€™m going to pick my team on my own, since I shouldnā€™t be in this year. But next year I will definitely play with yā€™all. But I do plan on picking a mix of power five and mid-major players, just to imitate what it would be like in your league. šŸ˜‚

Why shouldnā€™t you be in this year? Weā€™d love to have you!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Adamj
2. OKStateGuy
3. UCBart
4. Undersized_Post
5. Tally
6. Hoopmom
7. Miracle Killerz aka Coyotes
8. Cooper2009

Thatā€™s who I have so far. Iā€™m on my phone until my return from the Tetons tomorrow night to civilization. If anyone knows how to get in touch with some regulars in Calbearman, Myrtle, or Matt, Iā€™d love to have them on board again this year, but this is a good start.

To give some people a brief ideal, weā€™ll likely start with a snake order draft ASAP or Saturdayā€”and set up a time the week before the season to get things complete if at all possible. If people would want a tweak to the rules, happy to discuss. I think H2H adds to the fun of the game instead of the cumulative resultsā€”so one week you could trounce Coyotes behind a big game from Paige Buckets, then she could have a disaster the next week against Vanderbilt shooting 0-10 and really hurt your chances of a win. It adds some complexity picking which game you want your player to play.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/19/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you so much for organizing! I would also volunteer to help with the administrative side as needed -- just let me know.

I was wondering about imposing more limitations on rosters. Like for example, you have to have a certain number of players from mid-major teams, or you have to have players from various conferences, etc. Just throwing an idea out there, take it or leave it! Let me know if this has or hasn't worked in the past. (edit: maybe this happens naturally enough that an extra rule isn't needed!)

PostPosted: 10/19/21 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I will play, since itā€™s just for fun and bragging rightsā€¦. With the way the Summit League is scheduled, I should have plenty of time to follow, while sitting in hotel rooms between Thursdays and Saturdaysā€¦.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/19/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, [groan] I really don't have time for it this year but how to resist such an invite. I'll join, but only if you promise to stick to the end of the year wily Coyotes. deal?

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoopsmom wrote:
Ok, I will play, since itā€™s just for fun and bragging rightsā€¦. With the way the Summit League is scheduled, I should have plenty of time to follow, while sitting in hotel rooms between Thursdays and Saturdaysā€¦.

If youā€™re free after the Denver game and need some food, Iā€™d be delighted to meet up!

I just bought my first season tickets to see Doshia Woods and the Pioneers. Iā€™m excited to watch the team this year, and hope they can get hot from three against the Jackrabbits or Coyotes!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ok, [groan] I really don't have time for it this year but how to resist such an invite. I'll join, but only if you promise to stick to the end of the year wily Coyotes. deal?

If I donā€™t stick until the end of the year, Iā€™ll buy you a ticket to the game of your choice at Maples?

Iā€™m so delighted youā€™re back to dominate as usual.

Coyotes

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Thank you so much for organizing! I would also volunteer to help with the administrative side as needed -- just let me know.

I was wondering about imposing more limitations on rosters. Like for example, you have to have a certain number of players from mid-major teams, or you have to have players from various conferences, etc. Just throwing an idea out there, take it or leave it! Let me know if this has or hasn't worked in the past. (edit: maybe this happens naturally enough that an extra rule isn't needed!)

So, Iā€™ll definitely enlist help on the admin side, but Iā€™ll explain it all once I get the spreadsheet set up.

I think that thereā€™s some savvy drafters such as Myrtle who almost exclusively draft from mid-majors with some P-5 players sprinkled in. Weā€™ve had Allison Arens, Darby Maggard, Bella Alarie, and others. The last time I played I had just 3 players from major conferences. Myrtle had none. So, I think the key advice Iā€™d give to newcomers is that itā€™s not always about the big names in this league. Thatā€™s not to say that there arenā€™t big names out there worth draftingā€”just something to keep in mind.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/19/21 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:

Because the nature of the game emphasizes stats, not who said stats are against, mid-major studs are more desirable than solid but unspectacular P5 players. When the husband and I played, Damika Martinez at Iona was our go-to.

And there's usually a good conference spread to have as many active players available as possible. There was a conference with Wednesday games that always had more than its share of picks.

(now with spelling variations)
tbinta

PostPosted: 10/20/21 1:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Itā€™s been a minute..

Iā€™d like to join in

PostPosted: 10/20/21 10:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Because the nature of the game emphasizes stats, not who said stats are against, mid-major studs are more desirable than solid but unspectacular P5 players. When the husband and I played, Damika Martinez at Iona was our go-to.

And there's usually a good conference spread to have as many active players available as possible. There was a conference with Wednesday games that always had more than its share of picks.

Thank you! That makes sense re: mid-major studs. (lol)

But wait - if I'm understanding the rules correctly that Coyotes proposed, it doesn't matter what day of the week the games are on or even how many games your players play that week ... you just have to choose the 8 individual games over the course of the week (one game for each of your 8 'starters') during which you think you can accumulate the best stats?

PostPosted: 10/20/21 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Queenie wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

Thank you! That makes sense re: mid-major studs. (lol)

But wait - if I'm understanding the rules correctly that Coyotes proposed, it doesn't matter what day of the week the games are on or even how many games your players play that week ... you just have to choose the 8 individual games over the course of the week (one game for each of your 8 'starters') during which you think you can accumulate the best stats?

The rules have changed slightly since Queenie made us tremble in fear in the league with Martinez. In a recent year, it was decided that Head to Head matchups changes the monotony of a season long endeavor to gain the most stats. It adds to the fun when you have to decide whether to play Paige Buckets against Villanova or South Carolina if those are her games for the week. This leaves more room for upsets later in the seasonā€”and means that if your team underperforms early you can make changes and go on a winning streak based on those changes.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/20/21 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
undersized_post wrote:

do join us again! this game is a bit different so if you do poorly one week, there is always hope for the next week. And I think the rules are fairly set so there shouldn't be the haggling that some people seemed to torture us with in the old days.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: