RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/08/22 4:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yahoo! The Sky will host the Commissioner's Cup on the 26th! Cool (or maybe not so much...Embarassed )

https://twitter.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1545209777839644673?cxt=HHwWgoC9-eSG2PEqAAAA
Quote:
Sky head into the All-Star break with a win and clinch home-court advantage in the Commissioner's Cup against the Las Vegas Aces.

PostPosted: 07/11/22 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Quigley's nickname has been Allie since FOREVER. But I want to give her a new one. If she can take her hot three point shooting from the three point contest and carry that hot vibe through the rest of the season and into the playoffs? My new nickname for her will be Cash Money 💰 Quigley. Because her outside shooting is straight cash homie. Put that cash in the 🏦 bank with championship interest.🔥

PostPosted: 07/14/22 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the W bumping up the number of games in a season to forty games I believe Parker will retire after this season. She knows that she got one more championship in her back pocket already and she can retire knowing that she gave it her best shot this season. With or without one more championship.

PostPosted: 07/15/22 4:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sky have what looks like two extra male assistant coaches who don't show up on the roster page. They are wearing the same gray top as the other assistant coaches but they are sitting in the row behind the bench (viewing the 7/12/2022 home game against Atlanta).

They were talking about color analyst Stephen Bardo interviewing Emma Meesseman being broadcast at the half. But it wasn't on the WNBA Live Access replay for some reason.I remember seeing this in the past, but maybe that was when watching it live.

Last edited by tfan on 07/19/22 11:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
StevenHW

PostPosted: 07/19/22 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://beyondthew.com/laura-ricketts-possible-investment-in-chicago-sky-could-be-what-franchise-needs/

PostPosted: 07/19/22 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
https://beyondthew.com/laura-ricketts-possible-investment-in-chicago-sky-could-be-what-franchise-needs/

Was it really necessary to cast aspersions about the possible investor being tanemount to Loeffler only to walk it back in the next paragraph to clarify that Laura Ricketts is not only a democrat, but an open lesbian?

This ideological purity test coming from the left is beyond ridiculous and that is coming from someone who is very much on the left.

Quote:
Laura Ricketts herself is a Democrat. Not to mention she is openly gay. The Sky will be in good hands both financially and socially as long as any Ricketts investment in the team is only coming her and her wife and not from anyone else with that last name.

What a garbage article. None of that Atlanta mess is relevant to this story and there is no need to focus on her family's politics as it seems pretty obvious she does not have the same political leanings.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/19/22 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah...that was bizarre. No byline, too. Guess it's by the founder, Laureen Edwards.

I saw but didn't pursue more information about a Ricketts family member's interest. Guess I should get caught up! Embarassed

PostPosted: 07/20/22 5:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get why Loeffler had to go. It wasn't just political beliefs but incendiary statements that ultimately lost the support of her own players.

However, do we really need to be gatekeeping who can invest in this league because their family might be Republican? Where does it stop? If I were Laura Ricketts, why would I want to invest in a team and a league when this is the response I'd get? I get that this article is just clockbait nonsense but it really.got under my skin. /End rant

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 07/21/22 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate that the Sky will be coming off a back to back , home against DAL, and road @ NY into the Commish Cup.

I hate that Li and Ruthy cannot provide solid minutes off the bench to spell CP and Emma. Azura' is the only reliable big off the bench. Confused

I hate the Sloot got hurt. I hope she can return soon.

I hate that the Sky turns the ball over like they get paid for each one. Laughing

I hate WNBA schedule makers for back to backs.

PostPosted: 07/21/22 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's a lot of hate, man! Laughing Wink

I feel you, though - it's our turn to have the crazy back-to-backs that most others have already experienced. If the potential travel drama weren't a factor, it could be somewhat livable. But with the pandemic effect still in play, it's an unfortunate reality...

Yeah, I have a feeling Ruthy won't be back, which is unfortunate because IIRC she made decent contributions in the Wubble as a rookie.

I really haven't been that impressed with the team, in spite of our best record currently. Turnovers, missed free throws, brain farts and chucking 3s have not been working for us. Too much stress. Yeah, wins are wins, but some shouldn't have been the struggles they became.

Sloot, we miss ya --= heal up and come back soon!

PostPosted: 07/22/22 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
I hate that the Sky will be coming off a back to back , home against DAL, and road @ NY into the Commish Cup.

I hate that Li and Ruthy cannot provide solid minutes off the bench to spell CP and Emma. Azura' is the only reliable big off the bench. Confused

I hate the Sloot got hurt. I hope she can return soon.

I hate that the Sky turns the ball over like they get paid for each one. Laughing

I hate WNBA schedule makers for back to backs.

The coaching staff should be working with Hebard and Li on three post moves that they can do near the basket. Especially Li because with her height no one should be able to block or alter her shot. The important thing with good post moves near the basket is good footwork.

PostPosted: 08/24/22 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

James Wade extended

https://sky.wnba.com/news/jameswadecontractextension/

PostPosted: 09/07/22 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice article about our 32-year-old rookie! Very Happy

https://www.wnba.com/news/the-relentlessness-of-rebekah-gardner/

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: