Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 12/14/21 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxr22o_ycAE

Kevin Hart vs. A'ja Wilson In The First Ever Cold Tub Karaoke Battle

StevenHW

PostPosted: 12/22/21 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://aces.wnba.com/news/aces-add-jennifer-azzi-chief-business-development-officer-blair-hardiek-chief-marketing-and-communications-officer-to-front-office-team/

Quote:
Las Vegas, NV (Dec. 17, 2021) — Las Vegas Aces President Nikki Fargas announced today that the team has hired basketball legend Jennifer Azzi as the team’s chief business development officer, and Blair Hardiek as it’s chief marketing and communications officer. The team will host a press conference after the new year to formally introduce Azzi and Hardiek (HAR-d-eck), along with additional upcoming front office hires, to the media.

PostPosted: 12/25/21 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spurs assistant Becky Hammon being seriously pursued by Aces, Liberty for head coaching vacancies

https://theathletic.com/news/spurs-assistant-becky-hammon-being-pursued-by-aces-liberty-for-head-coaching-vacancies-sources/agDoRVOy8sLn/

Quote:
If Hammon were to accept the Aces job, Laimbeer would step aside and potentially fill a different organizational role, sources said.

PostPosted: 12/25/21 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Quote:
If Hammon were to accept the Aces job, Laimbeer would step aside and potentially fill a different organizational role, sources said.

PR Manager?

PostPosted: 12/25/21 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish Vegas the best of luck getting her.

(now with spelling variations)
Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/25/21 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well gee, maybe the dealbreaker between Vegas and New York in getting her will be that one team retired her jersey last summer & the other didn’t… Idea

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/25/21 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Well gee, maybe the dealbreaker between Vegas and New York in getting her will be that one team retired her jersey last summer & the other didn’t… Idea

the advantage of Vegas is having a ready-to-go roster. the disadvantage would be having Big Bill looking over her shoulder. The advantage of NY would be presumably a 'free' hand and the ability to mold the roster/team into her own. The disadvantage of both would be losing whatever momentum built up in the NBA.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/25/21 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Tsai's own both the Nets and the Liberty. If Hammon does a good job with the Liberty, she should be a candidate the next time the Nets job opens up. I don't sense that Steve Nash is a coaching lifer. And as I've said before, it often seems like Liberty social media has more posts about social justice and women's causes than basketball. If the Tsai's practice what they preach, Becky should be able to take the Liberty job and still remain a viable candidate for an NBA job -- namely the Nets.

PostPosted: 12/25/21 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Though I'd be very intrigued to see what Hammon could do with either the Aces or the Liberty (or why not the Mercury), Of really hate to see her potentially stall out on getting an NBA gig. That being said, I think she'd ultimately be done dirty by any NBA team that does hire her so maybe coming back to the W would be smarter for her longevity.

female-buckets

PostPosted: 12/26/21 4:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Can the Aces or Liberty even pay her what she's currently making in San Antonio? I feel like this is her bottom line: "I'll gladly coach any WNBA team that can pay me 1m"

Also, isn't Popovich retiring after this season? It seems like she's about to ascend to the Spurs throne. I know she'll be judged harshly with how she handles the Spurs rebuild. But if there's anyone on Earth who can handle being judged harshly it's Becky Hammon. That's why she is where she is.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/26/21 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

female-buckets wrote:
Can the Aces or Liberty even pay her what she's currently making in San Antonio? I feel like this is her bottom line: "I'll gladly coach any WNBA team that can pay me 1m"

Also, isn't Popovich retiring after this season? It seems like she's about to ascend to the Spurs throne. I know she'll be judged harshly with how she handles the Spurs rebuild. But if there's anyone on Earth who can handle being judged harshly it's Becky Hammon. That's why she is where she is.

Last edited by Rock Hard on 12/26/21 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/26/21 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

female-buckets wrote:

I don't believe any WNBA coach or GM is earning a million dollars a year check. If that is her base salary to take any WNBA job then she better stay in the NBA.

PostPosted: 12/26/21 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
I don't believe any WNBA coach or GM is earning a million dollars a year check. If that is her base salary to take any WNBA job then she better stay in the NBA.

She could be making half that, and it would still be more than any head coach in the W.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 12/26/21 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:

She could be making half that, and it would still be more than any head coach in the W.

Do we know who the highest paid coach is? Reeve or Bill? Maybe Fisher?

Google says her assistant coach salary is somewhere around $200k. If she truly feels she's not gonna break through and can get 300k out of the Lobs or Aces and have along career as W coach, then maybe that's not a bad decision for her.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 12/26/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
female-buckets wrote:

Her current salary is $750,000

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/26/21 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
female-buckets wrote:

Her current salary is $750,000

Thanks. You have made my point.👍

PostPosted: 12/26/21 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There seems to be a pretty significant discrepancy between what @DFWub2018 says her salary is, and what @johnjohnW says Google says her salary is.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 12/26/21 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://playersbio.com/becky-hammon-age-height-husband-partner-nba-salary-instagram/

Likewise, Becky’s salary as Spurs’ coach is assumed to be $200 thousand, if not more

To be fair, this could be wildly inaccurate. It was just a cursory Google search.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/27/21 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The $750,000 number is from Voepel, but it sounds unsubstantiated:

Quote:
In her eighth season with the Spurs, Hammon's salary is estimated in the $750,000 range, more than twice what some WNBA coaches reportedly make.

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/32806315/wnba-coaching-candidates-the-next-coach-new-york-liberty-phoenix-mercury

PostPosted: 12/27/21 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how unimpeachable Voepel's source is, with respect to an NBA assistant coach's salary, but I feel like it's probably more credible than playersbio.com.

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/27/21 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
I don't know how unimpeachable Voepel's source is, with respect to an NBA assistant coach's salary, but I feel like it's probably more credible than playersbio.com.

I agree. Just the fact that playersbio.com says Hammon's net worth is $500,000 makes me wonder. Not only does the figure sound low, but identifying personal assets and liabilities is notoriously difficult to do. The fact that the site just casually tosses a number out there indicates to me that their standards are less than rigorous. I've seen other sites like this for actors and musicians where I've spotted obvious factual errors. My guess is they have a template that they fill out as best they can, often using unvetted placeholder data. Then, over time, they correct it when more reliable information becomes available. The process is similar to the early days of the WNBA salary database that Megdal created.

PostPosted: 12/27/21 3:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:

Embarassed

female-buckets

PostPosted: 12/27/21 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a salary cap for WNBA head coaches? Because if there isn't, it'd be cool if WNBA teams were actually planning on making Becky a respectful offer. That could set a good precedent. I think a lot of female coaches prefer NCAA because the money is better. But if teams are dissatisfied with the current pool of WNBA coaches, maybe they're ready to invest more.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/28/21 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

female-buckets wrote:
Is there a salary cap for WNBA head coaches? Because if there isn't, it'd be cool if WNBA teams were actually planning on making Becky a respectful offer. That could set a good precedent. I think a lot of female coaches prefer NCAA because the money is better. But if teams are dissatisfied with the current pool of WNBA coaches, maybe they're ready to invest more.

The salary cap is the amount of money the owners are willing to spend on a WNBA executive. Which is probably peanuts compared to what other pro sports head coaches are earning.

PostPosted: 12/28/21 9:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
pilight wrote:
Quote:

PR Manager?

I'm actually hiring. Not sure if Bill is the right fit, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: