RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Have they done preseason awards yet or have I missed it?

PostPosted: 10/25/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

I don't believe they have. I was quietly expecting that stuff to be released today but was wrong.

PostPosted: 10/26/21 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

I don't believe they have. I was quietly expecting that stuff to be released today but was wrong.

The conference didnā€™t do them until the second week of November last year as part of their Big Ten Women's Basketball Preview. I just checked the BTN schedule, and I donā€™t see it scheduled (yet).

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/26/21 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

The conference didnā€™t do them until the second week of November last year as part of their Big Ten Women's Basketball Preview. I just checked the BTN schedule, and I donā€™t see it scheduled (yet).

But the season started later last year because of COVID. In 2019 the awards were released on the third Monday of October, fwiw.

PostPosted: 10/26/21 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

But the season started later last year because of COVID. In 2019 the awards were released on the third Monday of October, fwiw.
Gotcha

Durantula

PostPosted: 10/26/21 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Preseason Honors https://bigten.org/news/2021/10/26/general-maryland-tops-big-ten-womens-basketball-preseason-rankings.aspx

2021-22 COACHES BIG TEN PRESEASON RANKINGS
1. Maryland
2. Indiana
3. Iowa
4. Michigan
5. Ohio State

2021-22 COACHES PRESEASON ALL-BIG TEN TEAM
Grace Berger, Sr., G, Indiana
Mackenzie Holmes, Jr., F, Indiana
CAITLIN CLARK, So., G, Iowa
Monika Czinano, Sr., F/C, Iowa
Diamond Miller, Jr., G, Maryland
ASHLEY OWUSU, Jr., G, Maryland
Leigha Brown, Sr., G, Michigan
NAZ HILLMON, Sr., F, Michigan
Nia Clouden, Sr., G, Michigan State
Veronica Burton, Sr., G, Northwestern

2021-22 COACHES BIG TEN PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Caitlin Clark, So., G, Iowa

2021-22 MEDIA BIG TEN PRESEASON RANKINGS
1. Maryland
2. Indiana
3. Iowa
4. Michigan
5. Ohio State

2021-22 MEDIA PRESEASON ALL-BIG TEN TEAM
Grace Berger, Sr., G, Indiana
Mackenzie Holmes, Jr., F, Indiana
CAITLIN CLARK, So., G, Iowa
Monika Czinano, Sr., F/C, Iowa
Diamond Miller, Jr., G, Maryland
Ashley Owusu, Jr., G, Maryland
Leigha Brown, Sr., G, Michigan
NAZ HILLMON, Sr., F, Michigan
Nia Clouden, Sr., G, Michigan State
Veronica Burton, Sr., G, Northwestern

2021-22 MEDIA BIG TEN PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Naz Hillmon, Sr., F, Michigan

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/26/21 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had Jacy Sheldon over Mack Holmes for All-B1G team but either is a sensible.

PostPosted: 10/27/21 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Hey that's like how I do my rankings! 5 Tiers: Conference Favotire, Tournament Teams, Bubble Teams, Darkhorses, and Longshots (my nice way of saying they don't have a chance). The only differences between yours and mine is I have Purdue in the bottom tier and Ohio State flip-flopped with Rutgers.

I am not sure Kyle is going to help much, and the lack of any D1 coaching experience in Gearlds I think is going to really be evident the first 2-3 years. She only has 7 years NAIA coaching experience where she had a huge advantage of being the only full time WBB coach in NAIA most of her 7 years. Additionally to Gearlds lack of experience, Purdue is short staffed with no DoBO and no video coordinator, as both positions have been left vacant by the shake up after Versyp retired. Over half the starters are projected to be incoming transfers, half the coaching staff is brand new to D1 coaching, missing support staff, and lack of talent in general, I am hopeful Purdue can win more than 1 or 2 games in conference, but not optimistic that it will happen.

PostPosted: 10/27/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan State loses senior wing Tori Ozment and Junior wing Julia Ayrault to season ending injuries.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/27/21 6:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Michigan State loses senior wing Tori Ozment and Junior wing Julia Ayrault to season ending injuries.

This is sad, I hadn't heard! Definitely a blow to the team. I know these two dealt with injuries a bit at the end of last season, too. A leg thing and then a concussion. They provided a lot on the defensive end from what I remember.

PostPosted: 10/28/21 9:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/WorldExposureWB/status/1453727846552113155
Quote:
University of Iowa womenā€™s basketball sophomore Shateah Wetering suffered a season-ending torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) of her left knee in practice. The announcement came Thursday by P. Sue Beckwith, MD, head coach Lisa Bluder.

That's the second ACL for Iowa this month. Wetering at a concussion early last season that set her back quite a bit, and now this. Sad for her.

PostPosted: 10/30/21 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

Article: https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2021/10/28/michigan-state-womens-basketball-tory-ozment-julia-ayrault-injuries/6183299001/

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/03/21 4:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

Article: https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/college/msu/womens-basketball/2021/10/28/michigan-state-womens-basketball-tory-ozment-julia-ayrault-injuries/6183299001/

Both kids have had injuries before and missed parts of seasons. Michigan State does seem to have depth at these particular positions especially with the arrival of I state superstar Dee Hagemann and the Swedish Kid Matilda Ekh.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 11/04/21 6:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Naz Hillmonā€™s first field goal of 2021-22? A three from the top of the key!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/06/21 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ohio Stateā€™s Taylor Mikesell has been ruled eligible by the NCAA to compete in the ā€˜21-ā€˜22 season.

Quote:
#FreeTMike

Rolling Eyes Yes, ā€œfreeā€ her from what wouldā€™ve been a personal hell of her own making since she herself chose to transfer twice within the span of 12 monthsā€¦

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/06/21 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Ohio Stateā€™s Taylor Mikesell has been ruled eligible by the NCAA to compete in the ā€˜21-ā€˜22 season.

Quote:
#FreeTMike

Rolling Eyes Yes, ā€œfreeā€ her from what wouldā€™ve been a personal hell of her own making since she herself chose to transfer twice within the span of 12 monthsā€¦

I hate this.

PostPosted: 11/06/21 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno....why shouldn't she be allowed? E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. else is allowed, right? She didn't really bring that much to OR, unfortunately. Mad

PostPosted: 11/08/21 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Popping up on my Twitter feeds, ā€œBreaking news from Rutgers: C. Vivian Stringer will extend her leave of absence from coaching through the end of the 2021-22 season. Stringer stepped away from the program in April 2021. Associate head coach Timothy Eatman will continue in his role as acting head coach.ā€

bucks4now

PostPosted: 11/08/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Popping up on my Twitter feeds, ā€œBreaking news from Rutgers: C. Vivian Stringer will extend her leave of absence from coaching through the end of the 2021-22 season. Stringer stepped away from the program in April 2021. Associate head coach Timothy Eatman will continue in his role as acting head coach.ā€

I'm thinking this has a lot do to with her special needs child also. The risk of her coming and going would be a risk for both of them.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 11/09/21 9:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I'm thinking this has a lot do to with her special needs child also. The risk of her coming and going would be a risk for both of them.

You're 100% right. I read a longer release where she specifically mentions this as pretty much THE reason.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 11/09/21 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska is my official "team to watch" in the Big Ten. They are looking fantastic against a decent (albeit young) Maine team.

They may have lost their 6'5'' defense anchor in the paint in Kate Cain, but their new frontcourt of stretch-4 types in Bourne, Cravens, and Stewart off the bench is an upgrade in terms of versatility and mobility.

In terms of backcourt, Jaz Shelley transferring from Oregon was huge for this team. Sam Haiby is still amazing -- I can see her playing her way on to 1st team All-Conference this year -- but she didn't get much help last year. Shelley already is bringing much more balance. She and Haiby are both very capable at facilitating as well as getting their own, and they already seem to have great chemistry with each other. The roster also has a legit shooter in Scoggin and an backup, in-state, freshman PG in Weidner who still looks a bit rough around the edges but you can see the potential.

PostPosted: 11/09/21 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
In terms of backcourt, Jaz Shelley transferring from Oregon was huge for this team.

Jaz was a great asset to OR; I'm glad for her that she's in a place where she can shine. OR's pond (of talent) was a bit deep for that duckling to break out.

PostPosted: 11/09/21 2:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Georgia Tech's 2nd leading scorer Kierra Fletcher is out for the season with a foot injury.

PostPosted: 11/09/21 3:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's possible that Lindsay Whalen isn't that good of a coach...

PostPosted: 11/09/21 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
It's possible that Lindsay Whalen isn't that good of a coach...

The list of great players that turn out to not be good coaches is very long and distinguished.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: