RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big Ten 2021-2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 12/31/21 3:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The B10 is 6th in Conference RPI, right behind the American, coming into tonight

I think I know why. They had a half-time feature on the Nebraska/Michigan State game where someone picked the top 5 freshman of the Big 10 this year. She mentioned a player for Maryland who was the highest ranked freshman who joined the Big 10. She was #22.

Found this article about the schools that had the best "recruiting classes" and at the bottom it has:

Quote:
25. Arkansas Razorbacks
Highest-ranked commit: PG Jersey Wolfenbarger (No. 7)

Wolfenbarger might be the steal of the class. She is a skilled 6-foot-5 guard who might still be growing, and that usually means there are aspects to her game that remain untapped. Samara Spencer, a 3.5-star prospect, is a quick and fast guard. Arkansas has two three-star prospects in the fold as well: Ashlyn Sage, a lengthy shooter who can knock down the 3, and Emrie Ellis, a lanky forward who can run the floor.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/29953887/2021-women-college-basketball-recruiting-class-rankings-south-carolina-starts-no-1

mzonefan

PostPosted: 12/31/21 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tran, I can’t comprehend your post. What would RPI have to do with recruiting?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/31/21 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Tran, I can’t comprehend your post. What would RPI have to do with recruiting?

If I'm not mistaken, the thesis is that the Big isn't performing well as a conference (6th in RPI) because it's not recruiting well as a conference.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/03/22 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michigan and Michigan State are requiring proof of full vaccination or negative PCR test within 72 hours in order to attend games. I know Illinois already put this into place. Any other B1G teams?

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/04/22 8:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At 11:00 EST following tonight’s game, BTN will debut a documentary on Naz. For those wanting to set DVRs, the series is called The B1G Story. It’s the first one that BTN has done for a female athlete. Naz was named co-POY yesterday (with Caitlin Clark) after her 29/15 double-double vs Ohio State.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 01/04/22 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
Michigan and Michigan State are requiring proof of full vaccination or negative PCR test within 72 hours in order to attend games. I know Illinois already put this into place. Any other B1G teams?

Maryland is doing this, too.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/04/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Curious how they are defining "full vaccination" -- does one shot of J&J count?

I don't even think Iowa law would allow the university to do this. Not sure about Indiana.

(For the record, I think it's awesome though.)

PostPosted: 01/04/22 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

Curious how they are defining "full vaccination" -- does one shot of J&J count?

I don't even think Iowa law would allow the university to do this. Not sure about Indiana.

(For the record, I think it's awesome though.)

Yes

“What does vaccination mean?
Michigan Athletics' current vaccination requirement is at least 14 days after your second dose of the Pfizer-BioNtech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (or other COVID-19 vaccinations recognized by WHO) or at least 14 days after your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine. This definition will continue to be updated under the U-M vaccination policy.”

tfan

PostPosted: 01/05/22 1:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

During the Maryland/Indiana game they said that at that point the Big 10 had 3 teams ranked in the top 10 (#6 Maryland, #8 Indiana, #9 Michigan) and that is the first time since 2004 that the Big 10 has had 3 teams in the top 10 during any point of the regular season.

Then they noted that it has been "few and far between" for the conference to send teams to the Final Four: (showed Penn State 2000, Purdue 2001, Minnesota 2004, Michigan State 2005, Maryland 2015). Debbie Antonelli then said that the Big 10 has one National Championship: Purdue in 1999. She also mentioned that Freeze won with Maryland when they were in the ACC.

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/05/22 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
At 11:00 EST following tonight’s game, BTN will debut a documentary on Naz. For those wanting to set DVRs, the series is called The B1G Story. It’s the first one that BTN has done for a female athlete. Naz was named co-POY yesterday (with Caitlin Clark) after her 29/15 double-double vs Ohio State.

I watched part of it. Very nice. The part about her brother was totally scary.

Howee

PostPosted: 01/05/22 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

I watched part of it. Very nice. The part about her brother was totally scary.

VERY nice story....thank you for posting that, mzonefan, or I'd have missed it. Pretty amazing kid. Certainly ought to have a very bright future.

PostPosted: 01/06/22 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You’re welcome!

In other news, Ohio State already had a mask mandate. Now the Buckeyes have shut down concessions.

blue crabs & basketba

PostPosted: 01/07/22 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
You’re welcome!

In other news, Ohio State already had a mask mandate. Now the Buckeyes have shut down concessions.

No concessions at Maryland games either.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/09/22 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like all six B1G games scheduled today are a go! That’s the first time in weeks.

Times EST
Rutgers @ Michigan 12:00 FS1
Iowa @ Nebraska 2:00 FS1

Purdue @ Michigan State 2:00 BTN+
Wisconsin @ Illinois 3:00 BTN+
Maryland @ Minnesota 3:00 BTN+
Ohio State @ Northwestern 3:00 BTN+

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 01/10/22 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
It looks like all six B1G games scheduled today are a go! That’s the first time in weeks.

Times EST
Rutgers @ Michigan 12:00 FS1
Iowa @ Nebraska 2:00 FS1

Purdue @ Michigan State 2:00 BTN+
Wisconsin @ Illinois 3:00 BTN+
Maryland @ Minnesota 3:00 BTN+
Ohio State @ Northwestern 3:00 BTN+

Rutgers @ Michigan, 76-47
Iowa @ Nebraska, 95-86
Purdue @ Michigan State, 69-59
Wisconsin @ Illinois, 68-47
Maryland @ Minnesota, 87-73
Ohio State @ Northwestern, 74-61

Current Standings:

1. Indiana - 4-0, 12-2
2. Michigan - 4-1, 13-2
Maryland - 4-1, 12-4
4. Northwestern - 2-1, 10-4
Iowa - 2-1, 8-4
6. Ohio State - 3-2, 11-3
7. Purdue 2-2, 11-4
Michigan State 2-2, 8-7
Nebraska - 2-2, 13-2
10. Penn State - 1-2, 7-6
Illinois - 1-2, 6-8
12. Minnesota - 1-3, 8-8
13. Wisconsin - 0-4, 3-11
Rutgers - 0-5, 7-10

Man, I caught about a quarter and a half or so of the Rutgers/Michigan game and wow. Rutgers looked plain terrible, like no one cares in the least. The whole Coach Stringer situation is really not good for that program. I have a massive amount of respect for her & all she has done for the game of women's basketball, but that program needs a fresh start if she is not able to get back on the bench. That really is a tough situation for the AD but it was in view of everyone on TV yesterday about where that program sits today. I hope she and her family are still healthy, esp with this omicron variant flying all over the place.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/10/22 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa had their first two conference games vs. Illinois and Penn State postponed. Now at least the Penn State game has been rescheduled for Jan. 25. https://twitter.com/IowaWBB/status/1480555702468886529

PostPosted: 01/10/22 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 2nd quartile of the Big Ten was wild this past week. Previously ranked Ohio State beat Northwestern who beat #22 Iowa who beat Nebraska who beat #8 Michigan. As a result, Iowa drops out and no unranked teams crack the top 25, while Michigan falls to just #11. Seems like this handful Big Ten teams will hover in RV purgatory unless someone solidifies themselves as the clear #4 team in the conference.

--The conference's best wins according to the AP Poll are Maryland's and Michigan's wins over #14 Baylor, which might not hold up well if Baylor keeps slipping backwards in the Big 12.
--The conference's best win according to the current NET rankings is Purdue's win over NET #19 GaTech.

Last edited by undersized_post on 01/10/22 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/10/22 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
The 2nd quartile of the Big Ten was wild this past week. Previously #25 Ohio State beat Northwestern who beat #22 Iowa who beat Nebraska who beat #8 Michigan. As a result, Iowa drops out and no unranked teams crack the top 25, while Michigan falls to just #12. Seems like this handful Big Ten teams will hover in RV purgatory unless someone solidifies themselves as the clear #4 team in the conference.

--The conference's best wins according to the AP Poll are Maryland's and Michigan's wins over #14 Baylor, which might not hold up well if Baylor keeps slipping backwards in the Big 12.
--The conference's best win according to the current NET rankings is Purdue's win over NET #19 GaTech.

Michigan landed at #11, not 12. I made a similar association in the poll thread before I saw yours.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/10/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
undersized_post wrote:
The 2nd quartile of the Big Ten was wild this past week. Previously #25 Ohio State beat Northwestern who beat #22 Iowa who beat Nebraska who beat #8 Michigan. As a result, Iowa drops out and no unranked teams crack the top 25, while Michigan falls to just #12. Seems like this handful Big Ten teams will hover in RV purgatory unless someone solidifies themselves as the clear #4 team in the conference.

Michigan landed at #11, not 12. I made a similar association in the poll thread before I saw yours.

Hmm, yup, definitely #11 and not #12 *facepalm* -- post edited

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/10/22 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just noticed that the Iowa at Nebraska game is being rebroadcast tonight at 8:00 EST in the B1G Basketball in 60 segment.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/11/22 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

So you are saying Purdue is the best team in the conference?

undersized_post

PostPosted: 01/11/22 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Quote:

Believe whatever you need to to help get yourself through the season. Very Happy Big week for them, hosting Iowa and Indiana.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/11/22 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Quote:

Believe whatever you need to to help get yourself through the season. Very Happy Big week for them, hosting Iowa and Indiana.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/16/22 7:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We have some fun matchups in the B1G today:

2:00 EST
Battle of Indiana, Round 1: Hoosiers at Boilermakers on FS1.

Battle for First B1G Win: Badgers at Scarlet Knights on BTN+
Battle in the Back Court: Clouden vs Burton (Wildcats at Spartans) on BTN+
Battle for 12th? Place: Illini at Nittany Lions on BTN+

5:00 EST
Battle for 2nd: Michigan at Maryland on ESPN (Michigan is 1-10 vs Maryland - time to get over the hurdle?)

6:00 EST
Battle of the Corn, Round 2: Nebraska at Iowa on BTN. The previous meeting was one week ago with Iowa winning 95-86 in Lincoln.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/16/22 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:
We have some fun matchups in the B1G today:

2:00 EST
Battle of Indiana, Round 1: Hoosiers at Boilermakers on FS1.

Battle for First B1G Win: Badgers at Scarlet Knights on BTN+
Battle in the Back Court: Clouden vs Burton (Wildcats at Spartans) on BTN+
Battle for 12th? Place: Illini at Nittany Lions on BTN+

5:00 EST
Battle for 2nd: Michigan at Maryland on ESPN (Michigan is 1-10 vs Maryland - time to get over the hurdle?)

6:00 EST
Battle of the Corn, Round 2: Nebraska at Iowa on BTN. The previous meeting was one week ago with Iowa winning 95-86 in Lincoln.

I like your names - battle of the corn is my favorite Smile.

Wisconsin sure has struggled for awhile - hopefully they can get it going again in the next few years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: