68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Good game. Aces come up short again, what are they missing... Confused

Heart.

+1. They weren't missing anyone at the beginning of the year on paper.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:
Good game. Aces come up short again, what are they missing... :?

Heart.

Except the one player they lost was the most important one.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
I see at no point will anyone hold Taurasi accountable on court. Just like 2008 when she punched Tina Thompson in the gut and no foul. And Absolutely like 2014 when she pushed off Sloot to score the go ahead basket in the finals. Now in 2021 when there are other stories that fans want to see they are goi g back to the Taurasi in the finals Is a superstar. Sure she is, cuz she gets to do whatever she wants on the court. Tell me why they blew the whistle when she dislodged an unsuspecting Cambage on an out-of-bounds play that they blew the whistle? To do nothing? Good luck Sky playing 5-on-8 plus God knows who else passes down these edicts that Taurasi gets to run around and do whatever the f*** she pleases. Oh yeah, and for the Go ahead 3 BG gets to block the defender like she’s a fullback.

The irritating thing is I love Taurasi. But I can’t stand when the forces the move things favor her to the detriment of other players.

Jackie you logged on QUICK.

Laughing

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
NYSports56

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think either team displayed a lack of heart tonight.

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

I know Plum gives the a big offense boost off the bench, but why doesn't she start?

I watched Liz play in Tulsa/Dallas, and fell out of favor with her. But, she was hustling down the floor in this game. Her game is still too soft. And, the occasional flop is laughable. Laughing

Tally24

PostPosted: 10/08/21 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the game was like, fine? From an officiating standpoint. It’s unfortunate that Phoenix was perpetually unable to guard a step up screen. Switching seemed to be enough of a change to win.

The one complaint I have is that Liz definitely fouled Diana right before Williams fouled Peddy. That’s my obligatory Mercury complaint. We whining all the way to the finals though. 😱🥵
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

Angel = Heart Idea

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

Exactly.

huskiemaniac

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="SCook"]
SCook wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Just read through this whole thread. Mercury fan whining was cringeworthy.

Y'all have a couple of good games and you're invinceable. NOT.

Congrats to Merc on getting this far with injured/hobbled players playing out of their freaking minds. But the second best team in the league has been doing it all season without their prime player signed out of free agency. Las Vegas has The Point Gawd in Chelsea and you don't. (and yes this does go back to college, when Skylar and Odyssey were annointed 1 & 2 when Chelsea Gray was CLEARLY #1) Have your big injuries young and in college and roar into the pros like a lion.

Giner had been looking like MVP of the post season. But she won't get it if her team doesn't make it to the Finals. Suck it up Merc fans. Her team falling in the semi-finals does not dislodge the league MVP from Jonquel Jones' hands. She won in a LANDSLIDE.

I would like to go back to this. Happy Finals!

Laughing

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

Exactly.

Aces fans have a LOT of whining to do. And the team actually lost so it would be valid whining.

~rAf
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:
pilight wrote:
It'll be curious to see how the Merc play Game 5. They've been pretty successful running with the Aces but without Nurse or Cunningham they may not have the depth to do that. OTOH if they slow the game down they let out-of-shape Cambage become a factor, unlike the first four games.

For the first half the Merc effectively slowed the game down without Cambage making an impact

When the game is about pace control, it favors the team with the better PG. For all the "Point Gawd" hype, in this game the best was Skylar Diggins.

THIS ☝🏽

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:

Angel = Heart Idea

And Cambage could definitely use some

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 10/08/21 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
IM in OC wrote:
At the Olympic break Phoenix had a 9-10 record and Chicago had a 10-10 record.

I am sure we all had these two teams as finalists.

Nobody had these two teams as finalists at the end of the regular season

Nobody had these two teams as finalists at the end of round 1 😂

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/09/21 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

I know Plum gives the a big offense boost off the bench, but why doesn't she start?

I thought he waited too long to put her in to begin with. They dug themselves a big hole in the first 5 minutes. Then his rotation with her coming in together with Hamby didn't work because Hamby simply couldn't hold up against the Phoenix frontcourt. Anyway, I assume she will start next year because I don't think they can afford to bring Bay Bay back.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/09/21 12:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just watched the replay as I couldn't watch live. So impressed with BG - my favorite player to watch. She was the consistent force working the entire game to keep her team in it. And BT on the glass. DT made big shots down the stretch but her point total is a bit misleading I feel - too many FTs awarded on some unsportsmanlike fouls that should have been called against her IMO.

Not sure about why Wilson was getting so much hate in the comments here but I thought she had a good game overall too. OK so she got blocked at the end but that was a terribly designed play that did not put her in a position to be successful. Hold your head high A'ja. Plum is my other favorite to watch. I expect big things from her next season.

PostPosted: 10/09/21 12:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After watching the 4th quarter over again, I’m not so sure that Gray’s inbound was clean re her feet.
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 10/09/21 4:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For real they need to leave that ish to the fans & social media team accounts. It would actually make more sense if they were the Phx local commentators carrying on like this.
Queenie wrote:
If I hear Lobo and/or Ruocco unconditionally call Taurasi the GOAT one more time, some hapless stuffed animal is gonna pick up frequent flyer miles.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/09/21 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A lot of non Merc fans whining in this thread. I sense bitterness. Wink

PostPosted: 10/09/21 7:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Stormeo wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
bryan_february_ wrote:

Heart.

Exactly.

Aces fans have a LOT of whining to do. And the team actually lost so it would be valid whining.

LOLOLOLOLOL-RAF, the only person whining in this thread, is you!

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/09/21 7:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep yep. Some of the comments are hilarious and NOT basketball related 😉 When you try to body a player up and not let them move, that is a foul, IE freedom of movement, then you get schooled for doing it and the whiners want to complain about the schooling. How about you actually learn to play without illegally doing that and keep a player in front of you. The same player trying to illegally body a player also jumps into people all year getting calls when she initiated the contact and defenders have had good position on her, oh the irony but alas there are some who just can’t put their bias aside to enjoy it.
The Aces have no excuses, they got it handed to them by a beat down crew and yet the venom is toward a player who virtually played on 1 and half legs and the stuff of legends but all while ignoring there own garbage behind the scenes while calling out other players - bay bay with the gun gun, and cabbage with the N word. You can’t make this stuff up. Priceless.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/09/21 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Ugh...I really hope Chicago wins the finals. Diana might be the GOAT but she's also really not gotten any more likeable over the course of her career, unfortunately.

+1000

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/09/21 7:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I see at no point will anyone hold Taurasi accountable on court. Just like 2008 when she punched Tina Thompson in the gut and no foul. And Absolutely like 2014 when she pushed off Sloot to score the go ahead basket in the finals. Now in 2021 when there are other stories that fans want to see they are goi g back to the Taurasi in the finals Is a superstar. Sure she is, cuz she gets to do whatever she wants on the court. Tell me why they blew the whistle when she dislodged an unsuspecting Cambage on an out-of-bounds play that they blew the whistle? To do nothing? Good luck Sky playing 5-on-8 plus God knows who else passes down these edicts that Taurasi gets to run around and do whatever the f*** she pleases. Oh yeah, and for the Go ahead 3 BG gets to block the defender like she’s a fullback.

The irritating thing is I love Taurasi. But I can’t stand when the forces the move things favor her to the detriment of other players.

+1 minus the "love" part 😒

root_thing

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't have a horse in this race, so I just watched as a fan of the sport. What I saw was a great back and forth game with the go-ahead points scored off a lucky ricochet and an unlucky bump. Taurasi dribbled around and, with the clock running down, forced up a shot that was blocked. The ball got knocked over to Peddy, who tried to dribble to a more open space to shoot. When she stopped suddenly, Williams who was chasing her tried to stop too but couldn't. You can see on the replay that Riquna had her hands back and ended up bumping Peddy with her chest. She was not trying to block the shot. So, it was basically a random sequence. No one did anything great, no one did anything terrible. To then draw the conclusion that one team played terrifically and the other choked is ridiculous. Both teams played well. As far as I can tell, both teams showed heart -- that's how you get back and forth games. In the end, someone had to win and someone had to lose. As for the last 4.6 seconds, Laimbeer has never been good at drawing up plays after a timeout. We saw five years of that in New York. But I don't think what happened in this game merits all these judgements that people are making about individual players.

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be clear: A'ja Wilson is a top tier, MVP caliber, first team, championship level player. The Aces falling short the last two seasons, to me, aren't a huge indictment on her. This is basketball. Fate can swing wildly. A'ja did everything to keep her team in this game and in this series. The wind swung the other way. It was a heartbreaker loss. This doesn't make her a pretender or that she's been "exposed" as an inferior player.

It sucks for the Aces. I'm very interested to see what they do in the off-season and what they bring to the next season. They will win a chip soon. I think a coaching change might be in order BUT a coach isn't always the deciding factor. PHX and Chicago fans have been blasting their coaches all season but they got them to the finals on the backs of their talented rosters.

As elated as I am for Phoenix and my favorite players to have another shot, I want to see Vegas succeed. They are a franchise that I think reflects well on what this league can be: non-NBA owner, a true home arena, great outreach and marketing, etc. The league needs more Las Vegas Aces.

That being said, go win a 4th chip to cement your legacies and then let the young guns get theirs!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/09/21 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
the bad thing if the Merc win is that we have to hear the Merc fans whine for several more games.

Even for some other Merc fans it's pretty painful to wade through :/

And man, Sandy really sucks hard huh. So useless, just like we've heard on every page of every Merc game thread all season. So many heathy players and she got them nowhere.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: