75%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

SCook

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Not the scrub unit about to not get to 120 Crying or Very sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Alanna Smith the new Tiffany Bias? Discuss.

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
A'ja Wilson is on triple double watch!

Looks like she's done for the night at 12/9/7

PostPosted: 09/30/21 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing

This is Megan Walkers fault for bricking those corner 3s!

PostPosted: 09/30/21 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

The Merc did get the playoff record for a non-overtime game

PostPosted: 09/30/21 11:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would like to saw that we say two 6'9" players on the court and the difference was so telling (Covid-19 recovery or not).

PostPosted: 09/30/21 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
Well, there's the tenth three-pointer.

The Merc finished with 14 threes

PostPosted: 09/30/21 11:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Taurasi is, and always will be, the GOAT

Who is Bill Laimbeer?

PostPosted: 09/30/21 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just gotta say the sour grapes from Merc fans about MVP landslide vote for Jonquel Jones is amusing. It's like everyone in the whole wide world knows who the MVP is except Merc fans.

Ahem. Griner should have EARNED multiple MVP races by now. The fact that she's finally second in MVP voting means she's at least trying to EARN it now.

Up your rebounds, 6'8 girl, and you just might make it one day.

Jonquel Jones shoots threes, leads the league in rebounding AND dominates all over the court. Pay attention. Everybody else is.

~rAf
Tally24

PostPosted: 10/01/21 12:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iā€™m just so shocked at the small role Wilson has played in the first two games. Plum and Williams are great and they give the Mercury guards trouble, but Wilson has had only 20 shot attempts over the first two games. Just doing some quick math, sheā€™s 4th in FGA and first in minutes. Getting Turner off the floor should be a priority.

For Phoenix, do you continue to just let Plum try to beat you herself and try to contain everyone else?
Tally24

PostPosted: 10/01/21 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Just gotta say the sour grapes from Merc fans about MVP landslide vote for Jonquel Jones is amusing. It's like everyone in the whole wide world knows who the MVP is except Merc fans.

Ahem. Griner should have EARNED multiple MVP races by now. The fact that she's finally second in MVP voting means she's at least trying to EARN it now.

Jonquel Jones shoots threes, leads the league in rebounding AND dominates all over the court. Pay attention. Everybody else is.

https://twitter.com/hillarypix/status/1348237673421443072?s=21

šŸ’€
mercfan

PostPosted: 10/01/21 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Well damn lol.

MVP or not, there is one player right now who is the best in the world and itā€™s Griner. More power to Jonquel who absolutely earned the award.

Like itā€™s been mentioned numerous times, Jonquel not only had an incredible season, her team was also the most complete and played like it. It doesnā€™t mean BG hasnā€™t done her part to earn this.

There can only be one winner but there was only really two candidates that should have been in the conversation.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 10/01/21 1:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Well damn lol.

MVP or not, there is one player right now who is the best in the world and itā€™s Griner. More power to Jonquel who absolutely earned the award.

Like itā€™s been mentioned numerous times, Jonquel not only had an incredible season, her team was also the most complete and played like it. It doesnā€™t mean BG hasnā€™t done her part to earn this.

There can only be one winner but there was only really two candidates that should have been in the conversation.

LOL. "There is one player right now who is the best in the world and it's Griner." LOLOLOL.

Fixing it for you. There is one player who SHOULD BE the best in the world and it's Griner. She's got work to do to truly become the best. Rebound the damn ball like you're the tallest, baddest player on the floor. If she wanted every rebound, she could get it. She just doesn't want it bad enough yet. That's why she's #2 or even #3.

~rAf
Shades

PostPosted: 10/01/21 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Iā€™m just so shocked at the small role Wilson has played in the first two games. Plum and Williams are great and they give the Mercury guards trouble, but Wilson has had only 20 shot attempts over the first two games. Just doing some quick math, sheā€™s 4th in FGA and first in minutes. Getting Turner off the floor should be a priority.

For Phoenix, do you continue to just let Plum try to beat you herself and try to contain everyone else?

Thereā€™s a lot more to basketball than scoring (but donā€™t tell Taurasi that). According to fantasy stats, Wilson was the best player on the floor tonight.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/01/21 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jonquel Jones had the 2nd-highest fantasy average in the WNBA this season, so I guess it's a valid way of ranking a player in a game but worthless when preparing a shortlist of league MVP candidates.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 6:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"but Taurasi is injured too!!!"

Laughing

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/01/21 7:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The idea that Aā€™ja was the best player in this game is just Laughing

Iā€™m so proud of Brit. For non biased observers, sheā€™s clearly the most dominant player in the league. No one else demands the defensive coverage she gets for a reason. She got stronger and her passing and rebounding improved, but itā€™s the mental side of the game she needed to improve on, and she did. Given Jonesā€™ play and the Sunā€™s record, Jones was the MVP. That doesnā€™t mean sheā€™s the best player in the world though. Thatā€™s Griner.

As much as I think the ā€œDiana should retire crowdā€ is simply hopefulness from posters, and sheā€™s clearly still a very good player - Father Time is gonna get her sooner rather than later. To get her playoff career high at 39 is something else. Sheā€™s different. And Iā€™m gonna do my best to watch and just appreciate her (and Sue if she doesnā€™t retire) for as long as I do get to watch her.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Iā€™m just so shocked at the small role Wilson has played in the first two games. Plum and Williams are great and they give the Mercury guards trouble, but Wilson has had only 20 shot attempts over the first two games. Just doing some quick math, sheā€™s 4th in FGA and first in minutes.

Wilson reminds me of Parker and not in a good way. Some nights she comes to play, some nights she doesn't. She's been like this all season.

Aces desperately need 2 of Young, Gray, and Hamby to put some meaningful points on the board every game. When Wilson and Cambage aren't playing to their capability, Plum and Williams can't carry the entire team.

Tally24

PostPosted: 10/01/21 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

Thereā€™s a lot more to basketball than scoring (but donā€™t tell Taurasi that). According to fantasy stats, Wilson was the best player on the floor tonight.

I would agree with this, her being the best player on the floor last night is fantasy, indeed.
pilight

PostPosted: 10/01/21 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe Taurasi had the highest scoring game in which a player's points failed to exceed their age

If you're a believer in +/- the Merc's best player last night was Skylar Diggins. She was followed (in order) by Griner, Turner, Peddy, Nurse, Vaughn, Cunningham and Taurasi.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I believe Taurasi had the highest scoring game in which a player's points failed to exceed their age

If you're a believer in +/- the Merc's best player last night was Skylar Diggins. She was followed (in order) by Griner, Turner, Peddy, Nurse, Vaughn, Cunningham and Taurasi.

IDK. If you're a real believer in +/-, I think six Aces players did more for the Merc last night than Nurse, Vaughn, Cunningham, and Taurasi.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 10/01/21 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

The best fantasy players are generally the ones that very effective across the multiple statistical areas and they have higher floors than players who are primarily scorers.

Last edited by Davis4632 on 10/01/21 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Davis4632

PostPosted: 10/01/21 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
The idea that Aā€™ja was the best player in this game is just Laughing

Iā€™m so proud of Brit. For non biased observers, sheā€™s clearly the most dominant player in the league. No one else demands the defensive coverage she gets for a reason. She got stronger and her passing and rebounding improved, but itā€™s the mental side of the game she needed to improve on, and she did. Given Jonesā€™ play and the Sunā€™s record, Jones was the MVP. That doesnā€™t mean sheā€™s the best player in the world though. Thatā€™s Griner.

As much as I think the ā€œDiana should retire crowdā€ is simply hopefulness from posters, and sheā€™s clearly still a very good player - Father Time is gonna get her sooner rather than later. To get her playoff career high at 39 is something else. Sheā€™s different. And Iā€™m gonna do my best to watch and just appreciate her (and Sue if she doesnā€™t retire) for as long as I do get to watch her.

Can you ever make ever make a when you don't agree with the opposing view without taking a passive aggressive dig at them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: