Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2022
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/01/21 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The defensive numbers on Arike, especially this year, are the scariest part. She plays so many minutes that her time off the floor is a fairly small sample size, but in those 287 minutes that she didn't play Dallas had a defensive rating that would've been second only to Connecticut in the overall team rankings. The offense dropped off without her but nowhere near as much as the defense improved. They had a +6 net rating without her vs a -3.6 net rating with her on the court this season.

There's always a lot of noise in these numbers but I do feel like this team still needs rebalancing (even if they still can't find the consolodation trade that they'd obviously like to make). If nothing else you need to take the ball away from Arike more on the offensive end so that she can use more energy on defense (while obviously having to convince her of this shift, as well)

It is tough to believe there is that much of a difference. There must be something else at the root because I watch nearly all the games and I can’t imagine that they are doing that much better without her on the court given that there is nearly no offense without her. Also, I don’t think her defense is bad, let alone bad enough that someone else in her stead becomes the missing cog to make the defense go. Even if there was a missing miracle defensive cog, who the heck could it be?

I agree, her defense is not that bad. Her biggest problem is how she's seems to give up or prefer not to use the energy to chase down who she's defending off screens and if she's anywhere near the paint she simply stands in position without even attempting to challenge anybody!

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/01/21 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
The defensive numbers on Arike, especially this year, are the scariest part. She plays so many minutes that her time off the floor is a fairly small sample size, but in those 287 minutes that she didn't play Dallas had a defensive rating that would've been second only to Connecticut in the overall team rankings. The offense dropped off without her but nowhere near as much as the defense improved. They had a +6 net rating without her vs a -3.6 net rating with her on the court this season.

There's always a lot of noise in these numbers but I do feel like this team still needs rebalancing (even if they still can't find the consolodation trade that they'd obviously like to make). If nothing else you need to take the ball away from Arike more on the offensive end so that she can use more energy on defense (while obviously having to convince her of this shift, as well)

It is tough to believe there is that much of a difference. There must be something else at the root because I watch nearly all the games and I can’t imagine that they are doing that much better without her on the court given that there is nearly no offense without her. Also, I don’t think her defense is bad, let alone bad enough that someone else in her stead becomes the missing cog to make the defense go. Even if there was a missing miracle defensive cog, who the heck could it be?

I agree, her defense is not that bad. Her biggest problem is how she's seems to give up or prefer not to use the energy to chase down who she's defending off screens and if she's anywhere near the paint she simply stands in position without even attempting to challenge anybody!

Or get a rebound!! Nah! I'm just here for offense. U do that!

PostPosted: 10/01/21 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

The difference is we have no post presence. Arike being on the floor and teams pounding the paint has nothing to do with her so that stat or metric being used is definitely not sufficient. If it were guards scoring all the points while she was on the floor then you can make this point but...... Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

PostPosted: 10/01/21 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And when do we find out about when they draw the ping pong balls?

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/01/21 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/itsBTerrell/status/1443977956397916181

PostPosted: 10/01/21 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
https://twitter.com/itsBTerrell/status/1443977956397916181

Awak no!!!

PostPosted: 10/01/21 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wings players who do not have the Wings listed/mentioned in their IG bio:
    Allisha Gray (just has her 🥇Gold Medalist🥇 status on it)
    Awak Kuier (just says "Nike athlete" on it)
    Kayla Thornton (who has 0 posts on her IG, thus may not actually use it)

undersized_post wrote:
Awak no!!!

Based on the replies to that tweet, it sure sounds like it's her... 👀

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/01/21 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, I've seen players rotate in their European team when they're not with their WNBA team, and vice versa. There's making a mountain out of a molehill and then there's making Mount Everest out of an anthill.

PostPosted: 10/01/21 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although wouldn't it be just like the Wings to watch yet another high-ceiling or high-achieving player ask to be traded? Embarassed

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 10/02/21 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Let’s hope that since she and Izzie play over seas together, and since Izzie is 💯 adorable, that their friendship keeps Awak in the Wings family!

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Everyone's jumping on Bill's back for the two terrible loses:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l2SqgE5Ow7Zla5GQE/giphy.gif

@dawnstaley
I don’t know what must happen but what I do know is someone or some “ones” must get @_ajawilson22 in a place to carry her team…..won’t win without her contribution.

The Wings we'll take her. The team have a lot of familiar faces.

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

@dawnstaley
I don’t know what must happen but what I do know is someone or some “ones” must get @_ajawilson22 in a place to carry her team…..won’t win without her contribution.

Is Dawn suggesting a trade here or is she suggesting that Aja needs to be coached better to be more involved/produce?

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/03/21 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

@dawnstaley

Is Dawn suggesting a trade here or is she suggesting that Aja needs to be coached better to be more involved/produce?

It sounds like it could go either way to me. A new coach or new team.

PostPosted: 10/04/21 4:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its easy to complain and not come up with a solution to the problem though.
As a coach complain about a former players situation and then say i dont know but what i do know Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/04/21 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
Skyfan22 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

The difference is we have no post presence. Arike being on the floor and teams pounding the paint has nothing to do with her so that stat or metric being used is definitely not sufficient. If it were guards scoring all the points while she was on the floor then you can make this point but...... Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow

I'm only referring to her defensive ability specifically overall.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/19/21 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
IM in OC

PostPosted: 10/28/21 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alley Oop to Bella Alarie in Spain

https://twitter.com/CBAvenida/status/1453803797218799617

Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/28/21 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NAACP calls on athletes not to sign with Texas teams due to recent legislation.

Quote:
The NAACP sent a letter to the players' associations in five professional sports Thursday asking players to reconsider signing with teams in Texas because of recent laws passed in the state.

In a two-page letter signed by NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson that was sent to the MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL and WNBA players' associations, the organization pointed to recent laws on abortions, voting rights and mask mandates during the coronavirus pandemic as reasons to avoid joining teams in Texas.

Fwiw, the Wings have no unsigned players heading into the 2022 season.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 12/22/21 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Charli Collier Undergoes Successful Knee Scope

Quote:
Dallas Wings center Charli Collier underwent a successful knee scope today, the team announced. The procedure was performed by Dr. Daniel Cooper of the Carrell Clinic in Dallas, Texas. Collier recently returned to North Texas from her time playing overseas and will continue to rehab locally. The 2021 WNBA All-Rookie Team selection is expected to be ready for the start of the 2022 WNBA season.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/22/21 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

@dawnstaley

This is so unprofessional of Staley! I don't even know where to begin... How about if another coach said, 'Boston needs a coach that can better develop her skills for the next level.' Dawn would be totally up in arms about it.

Skyfan22

PostPosted: 01/19/22 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Imani McGhee-Stanford coming back to the Wings? She tweeted a return to the W this year. Isn’t she under contract in Dalls?

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/19/22 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
Is Imani McGhee-Stanford coming back to the Wings? She tweeted a return to the W this year. Isn’t she under contract in Dalls?

Twitter has a campaign right now where they show how dreams came true after famous people Tweeted about them years ago. Yesterday, IMS had a funny response:

Quote:
Tweet

Imani McGee-Stafford
@imanitrishawn_

I heard tweeting things make them come true so:

Ya girl graduating from law school and passing the bar before 30. Gonna be barred in 3 states.

Coming back to the W this season and signing a multi-year deal.

Signing a modeling contract and getting two major brand deals.

It sounds like she's at least interested.

PostPosted: 01/19/22 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's not under contract any more, but the Wings may well still own her exclusive rights. She's signed up for the Athletes Unlimited league, so presumably that'll give her an idea whether she's anywhere near WNBA shape.

PostPosted: 01/22/22 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the 4 pick is kept - Kierstan Bell or Austin

PostPosted: 01/22/22 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
If the 4 pick is kept - Kierstan Bell or Austin

Austin at 4 if still available then Bell at 6 if still available Cool

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: