RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Certified Unscripted
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/22/21 12:02 pm    ::: Certified Unscripted Reply Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duu9ylrRnKg

Just Watch and Subscribe !! You wont be disappointed Cool Cool Cool

#TrueWNBA Fans getting the real spill from back in the day to present day from one time WNBA commentator Vera Jones Truly.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks! I love getting insight from W’s insiders. Penny Toler is an entire mess Laughing Laughing with her constant mispronunciations. She seems to be a big Dallas fan especially Arike and Marina Mayberry 🤣🤣😩😩

Milks26

PostPosted: 09/22/21 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for finding this. Its hitting Very Happy

I agree with the old heads about the best 25 list and GOAT vote. Sh*t's going to bias. That's why I paid no attention to any of it.

WTF - I love Toler. She's real and so is Swoopes.

PostPosted: 09/22/21 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Subscribe Subscribe i definitely have enjoyed this so much i had to go back and start from Episode 1 . Definitely worth the watch !

PostPosted: 09/22/21 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have fallen down the rabbit hole, these are so great!!! Unscripted and unfiltered. I love hearing from the OG’s.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
I have fallen down the rabbit hole, these are so great!!! Unscripted and unfiltered. I love hearing from the OG’s.

The show is legit! Im glad I could help get it out there because THIS is the info I want to hear! Did you hear Swoopes say Holdsclaw was the Allen Iverson of the W attitude wise so the league didn’t want to fool with her Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:

I agree with the old heads about the best 25 list and GOAT vote. Sh*t's going to bias. That's why I paid no attention to any of it.

Start from EP 1 it’s a great watch i got some popcorn for this. The way they brutally went in on some of the players ranked in the Goat 25 debate made my night ! #NOFILTERS Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Start from EP 1 it’s a great watch i got some popcorn for this. The way they brutally went in on some of the players ranked in the Goat 25 debate made my night ! #NOFILTERS Laughing Laughing

I did.

Hell some of the role players they were naming that had been left off the list I'd never heard of. Bias is on real in coverage and selection. Honestly, W 25 should've just be about the old heads. Anyway....

Oh, yeah, and Toler's a Wings fan Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I did.

Hell some of the role players they were naming that had been left off the list I'd never heard of. Bias is on real in coverage and selection. Honestly, W 25 should've just be about the old heads. Anyway....

Toler can go to hell Laughing Laughing Laughing I knew all the old
Players they referenced . Definitely think Andrea Stinson should have gotten consideration and I also loved how Toler stated LA does not win back
To back titles in 01-02 without DMJ. She had the unfortunate fate of being in the shadow of one Lisa Leslie so she was not a media darling and a player that’s easy to forget ala Brunson. Interesting tid bits on Whalen and Hammon both receiving hell no’s !! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 09/22/21 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

I did.

Toler can go to hell Laughing Laughing Laughing I knew all the old
Players they referenced . Definitely think Andrea Stinson should have gotten consideration and I also loved how Toler stated LA does not win back
To back titles in 01-02 without DMJ. She had the unfortunate fate of being in the shadow of one Lisa Leslie so she was not a media darling and a player that’s easy to forget ala Brunson. Interesting tid bits on Whalen and Hammon both receiving hell no’s !! Laughing Laughing

I 2nd the hell nos on Hammon and Whalen to when you leave Dawn Staley off.

I love how they weren't press for either Augustus and Griner (she's lazy to me) as well. Swoopes was on Candance for not taking over games, I think the same can be said for Griner. Drafted in 2013 no MVPs when Della Donne went after her and got 2 under her belt already.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 7:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players in all sports generally think their era was better than the current one.

Whalen was better than Staley in every possible way.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 7:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whalen was better than Staley as a player at every level and at the w it’s no contest Laughing

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think you can only argue at one end of the court, the defensive end would be ALL Staley.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
I think you can only argue at one end of the court, the defensive end would be ALL Staley.

Laughing

Dawn Staley was never, ever known for her defense as a player

PostPosted: 09/23/21 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Yeah nah Staley was a floor general with bad knees. If were comparing Prime Dawn with Whalen & Hammon then you have an arguement , but Dawn was not in the WNBA at that time this category is based off the greatest WNBA players that played in the league and their stint so dawn gets shafted. If accolades were not apart and pure balling was the judging factor Id take Dawn over both Whalen and Hammon , But thats not the case soooo.....

PostPosted: 09/23/21 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="pilight"][quote="bballjunkie"]I think you can only argue at one end of the court, the defensive end would be ALL Staley.[/quote]

Laughing

Dawn Staley was never, ever known for her defense as a player[/quote]

We're comparing her to Whalen right Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 09/23/21 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Yeah nah Staley was a floor general with bad knees. If were comparing Prime Dawn with Whalen & Hammon then you have an arguement , but Dawn was not in the WNBA at that time this category is based off the greatest WNBA players that played in the league and their stint so dawn gets shafted. If accolades were not apart and pure balling was the judging factor Id take Dawn over both Whalen and Hammon , But thats not the case soooo.....

I'd probably still lean towards Whalen but at least comparing prime vs prime is a fair fight. Comparing what they did in the W (even if you include the ABL) is a mismatch of colossal proportions.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

I'd probably still lean towards Whalen but at least comparing prime vs prime is a fair fight. Comparing what they did in the W (even if you include the ABL) is a mismatch of colossal proportions.

Whalen had Maya , Mone , Brunson & Fowles to make her resume look complete. Staley had Stinson , Bullet , Feaster & Mapps or TSB ......not really a fair comparison tbh.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 2:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

After listening to all sides of the GOAT debate i initially had DT as my #1. But its true shes a great offensive player the greatest ever , but She's not the GOAT. Catch was the best defender in W history and still had rival offensive numbers as well.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Whalen had Maya , Mone , Brunson & Fowles to make her resume look complete. Staley had Stinson , Bullet , Feaster & Mapps or TSB ......not really a fair comparison tbh.

Whalen had already been to the finals twice before she played with any of those people. Staley played with Sheryl Swoopes and Tina Thompson in one of Sheryl's MVP seasons and still couldn't get over the hump.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Whalen had already been to the finals twice before she played with any of those people. Staley played with Sheryl Swoopes and Tina Thompson in one of Sheryl's MVP seasons and still couldn't get over the hump.

Whalen got to the Finals in her 20's her first few seasons in the league with Katie Defense Douglas , Nykesha Clutch Sales , Asjha Olympian Laughing Jones and Tina MVP Charles Laughing Laughing Not 2 mention having Large Marge RIH

Staley played with Swoopes & Thompson when she was 35 or older in the last year or year and 1/2 of her career ! Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 09/23/21 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Whalen got to the Finals in her 20's her first few seasons in the league with Douglas , Sales , Jones and Tina Charles Laughing Laughing

Staley played with Swoopes & Thompson when she was 35 or older in the last year or year and 1/2 of her career !

Whalen never played with Tina Charles in the W.

When Whalen was the same age Staley was in Houston she was winning her 4th ring.

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Enjoyed Gail Marquis from episode 9.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/23/21 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Laughing

Whalen got to the Finals in her 20's her first few seasons in the league with Douglas , Sales , Jones and Tina Charles Laughing Laughing

Staley played with Swoopes & Thompson when she was 35 or older in the last year or year and 1/2 of her career !

Whalen never played with Tina Charles in the W.

When Whalen was the same age Staley was in Houston she was winning her 4th ring.

iWas Wrong on the Charles part it was TMW-Franklin but even saying Staley was the same age as Whalen when Whalen got her 4th ring only solidifies my point. She got those rings with those players she played with and that enhanced her resume . Had Dawn came in the league and even if she came at the same time she came and you put her with the 4 Whalen had she would have rings as well. I like this debate Cool Cool

PostPosted: 09/23/21 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope they do a vid on the 1st & 2nd rounds

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: