RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/21/21 8:19 am    ::: 2022 WNBA Free Agency Reply Reply with quote

As with last year, a full list of free agents (months before the 'official' one) with all the players in their applicable categories, and explanations of all the terms. Let us know if there are any mistakes or questions.

https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/wnba-2022-free-agents-list

PostPosted: 09/21/21 8:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Love your work.

Page shows Sophie Cunningham as a UFA. That's a mistake.

PostPosted: 09/21/21 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Love your work.

Page shows Sophie Cunningham as a UFA. That's a mistake.

Heh, not by us.

PostPosted: 09/21/21 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This looks like a stacked list of unrestricted free agents. I wonder who will be making money moves.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/21/21 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For some reason my eyes flew straight to Jewel Lloyd . How long will she be okay playing behind Stewie and losing MVP votes to her own teammate ?

PostPosted: 09/21/21 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
For some reason my eyes flew straight to Jewel Lloyd . How long will she be okay playing behind Stewie and losing MVP votes to her own teammate ?

I have heard that she and Stewie are really strong friends and love working together and building a legacy together.

PostPosted: 09/21/21 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I have heard that she and Stewie are really strong friends and love working together and building a legacy together.

Chelsea Gray and Candice Parker said the exact same thing before they both left LA for Vegas and Chicago....jus sayin!

sithinfiltrator

PostPosted: 09/21/21 8:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Chelsea Gray and Candice Parker said the exact same thing before they both left LA for Vegas and Chicago....jus sayin!

Yeah, but LA has been a bit of a shit show the past few years. Seattle has an ownership group of women that the players really love and who really support the players in their various causes. It is not going to be a matter of money in Seattle. Both will be super max. So it comes down to whether you like living in Seattle, how you feel about the owners, the coaches, etc. And as far as I know, Stewie and Jewel seem to really love being up here. But time will tell.

PostPosted: 09/21/21 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Yeah, but LA has been a bit of a shit show the past few years. Seattle has an ownership group of women that the players really love and who really support the players in their various causes. It is not going to be a matter of money in Seattle. Both will be super max. So it comes down to whether you like living in Seattle, how you feel about the owners, the coaches, etc. And as far as I know, Stewie and Jewel seem to really love being up here. But time will tell.

Even if she were to leave I’m still struggling to find a team that could use her currently outside of Seattle unless some dominoes fall via free agency ! Maybe LA but Ehh nah who knows though? I want to say she goes home where she’s an assistant at DePaul or was last season and suits up for the Sky. But as I said before “Dominoes or The Sky” must fall which is very possible this off-season !!

PostPosted: 09/21/21 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Imo there is a fairly low chance of Loyd and/or Stewart ever leaving Seattle – so long as the team maintains its standard of winning. If we see multiple years go by where the team continues to end seasons on particularly sour notes, it definitely becomes possible. Loyd maybe one day goes home to Chicago, but only when it's the right time for both the Storm & the Sky imo (as if to say, assuming both teams aren't as appealing as a landfill by then). Stewie I can see going anywhere she thinks she can win – not necessarily limited to a northeast team. All I know is, I'll continue to enjoy them as Storm players for as long as I can – same goes for Birdy. As we've seen with players like Seimone Augustus & Candace Parker – faces of franchises don't always go the distance with a single team, for one reason or another.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sithinfiltrator wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What about Howard, Whitcomb and Clark?

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/22/21 8:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

What about them? Could we have paid them a combined $548k? No way. Howard & Whitcomb would’ve never had a starring role here to justify their current respective contracts; and though we would’ve been able to afford Clark, she simply wanted to go back East closer to home. We miss them all terribly in more ways than one, but ultimately there’s no bad blood, no hard feelings – it’s all just the nature of the business.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 09/22/21 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
sithinfiltrator wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

You can't offer everyone on the team a supermax contract. I think the poster just means Loyd and Stewart will never have to leave because of money because Seattle will be willing to pay them as much as anyone else could. That can't be said for the players you mentioned.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/22/21 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So - love counts for less than money?

bcdawg04

PostPosted: 09/22/21 5:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Several years ago, the league had a total of 6 players still playing for the respective team that drafted each of them 10 or more seasons after she was drafted. Even though Wright ultimately left Seattle, 3 of those 6 were Storm players.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Howard had stayed, but I wasn't surprised that she left. I was surprised about Clark. Many Storm fans will remember her early years when she wouldn't unpack her bags during training camp because she was sure she would get cut. She was also very active in the community. In any case, she earned the right to make that decision, and I respect the decision she made.

Whitcomb was in an entirely different situation. She was a restricted free agent. The Storm traded her to NY because the Liberty wanted to pay her far more than what Seattle could have afforded just to have her play off the bench behind Loyd.

In this upcoming offseason, Loyd has a decision to make. I think she bought a home in Seattle. However, she might decide that she wants to play closer to her family. Who knows. I'd be surprised if she decided to leave, but if she did, I am sure she will handle the situation with the utmost class.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will anyone sign Courtney Williams?

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Probably Vegas.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Somebody will sign her at a reduced salary. Or maybe Marcus Crenshaw is a better agent than we think and she'll get big bucks.

PostPosted: 10/05/21 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Probably Vegas.

What is a team whose biggest weakness is a lack of three-point shooting going to do with Courtney Williams?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/05/21 11:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:

Of course. There are players who have done worse than Williams with great contracts. Teams in every league sign assholes - the WNBA isn't any different.

mercfan

PostPosted: 10/06/21 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

Of course. There are players who have done worse than Williams with great contracts. Teams in every league sign assholes - the WNBA isn't any different.

I feel like what makes this particular situation unique is that her own team allegedly will not resign her.

Does that scare away other teams in the W? The only teams that I think would truly even benefit from her talent despite the baggage would be Dallas, Los Angeles and Indiana.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/06/21 3:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No league-assigned suspension for Williams? Her only penalty is having to go to another team?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Stormeo

PostPosted: 10/06/21 3:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
No league-assigned suspension for Williams? Her only penalty is having to go to another team?

🎶I can go anywhere I want
Anywhere I want
Just, not home

–Taylor Swift, my tears ricochet

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/06/21 3:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talent beats out baggage, every time. And what has she done? Gotten into a fight that was stupidly recorded and uploaded? As far as we know there wasn't even any police involvement. No big deal. Wouldn't be at all surprised if she still gets the max.

PostPosted: 10/06/21 8:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
mercfan wrote:

I feel like what makes this particular situation unique is that her own team allegedly will not resign her.

Does that scare away other teams in the W? The only teams that I think would truly even benefit from her talent despite the baggage would be Dallas, Los Angeles and Indiana.

Good point, especially considering she was my choice over Aerial Powers to begin with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: