2022 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/05/22 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done.

... It's not about "super teaming." The best players in the league willingly signing for way below their market value impacts the ability of the role players to negotiate contracts, and their leverage. The union should absolutely speak out against that.

I mean clearly not really, since Diamond signed for 150k..

I didn't realize that it needed to be clarified that it'll only be a problem, if it becomes a trend. Obviously, if we come around to when it's time to negotiate the next CBA, and we're able to look back and see that Charles was the only star who ever did it, then we don't have to worry about it. If Charles becomes the first of many, teams aren't going to be likely to offer role players reasonable salaries, if they think they can get a star for a fraction of that... Like, I bag on Tiffany Hayes, all the time, and think that she's overrated as hell, but would you sign DeShields for 150 stacks, if you thought that you could get Hayes for 108?

Shit, forget about DeShields, because she's probably going to be alright, regardless, because of her talent, and presumed potential. To me, the better question is: if you think you can get Tiffany Hayes for 108K, what are you offering Lindsay Allen?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 02/05/22 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PG - Preggo My Ego / Peddy
SG - DT / Nurse
SF - Diamond Deshields/ Sophie
PF - Tina Charles / Turner / Smith ?
C- BG / Draft Pick ? Wait do they have one ?

I think they will struggle out the gates but this a team no one will want to see come playoff time. Defense will be this squad's biggest hurdle.

dang, Laughing

I will always have a inspired hatred for that lady I can’t help it Laughing Laughing

Me too! I horse laughed at the title.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/05/22 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Accoeding to Winsidr, the Sparks are trading for Chennedy Carter

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Tally24

PostPosted: 02/05/22 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Hollywood goes to Hollywood!

LA going for Carter and the rights of Li Yueru from the Atlanta Dream in exchange for Erica Wheeler, 2022 No. 15 pick and the 2023 1st round pick, per Winsidr.
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/05/22 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if LA manages to get Liz too. LA might be interesting this year.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/05/22 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Interesting maybe trade Carter for one of the expensive contracts wheeler or toliver add Carter and free up enough cap space in conjunction with the Gabby trade to sign Cambage

Shades

PostPosted: 02/05/22 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Hollywood goes to Hollywood!

LA going for Carter and the rights of Li Yueru from the Atlanta Dream in exchange for Erica Wheeler, 2022 No. 15 pick and the 2023 1st round pick, per Winsidr.

Unless Yueru actually comes in and makes an impact, that’s a killer trade for ATL. Wheeler and the 2023 first round pick? Shocked #15 might be decent too.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

Will there be a fight over who gets called Hollywood?

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

There is only one Hollywood!

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:

😎

root_thing

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The 3 C's -- Cambage, Carter, and Cooper all have big personalities. Zahui is no shrinking violet either. It's like Atlanta last season. Gonna be interesting to watch.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The 3 C's -- Cambage, Carter, and Cooper all have big personalities. Zahui is no shrinking violet either. It's like Atlanta last season. Gonna be interesting to watch.

Fisher has proven that players better do what he wants or he won't be afraid to bench them! Should be a fun time!

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
PG - Preggo My Ego / Peddy
SG - DT / Nurse
SF - Diamond Deshields/ Sophie
PF - Tina Charles / Turner / Smith ?
C- BG / Draft Pick ? Wait do they have one ?

I think they will struggle out the gates but this a team no one will want to see come playoff time. Defense will be this squad's biggest hurdle.

dang, Laughing

I will always have a inspired hatred for that lady I can’t help it Laughing Laughing

+1

zune69

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big time move by Fish......he gets a lot of flack on this board but he's been making some good moves over the last year......If LA can get Liz's name on a contract they will have legit title contender talent.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Edit: Had to delete the Vince Carter gif...... there are too many talented teams in the league to say "It's Over"

Phoenix, Seattle, Washington, Vegas, Chicago, and Connecticut all have a legit shot at winning the championship.

Basically all the same teams we all expect to see do something meaningful every year while the rest of the other teams simply exist!

Unfortunately, Dallas squandered their opportunity.....At one point (2018)..they had the building blocks that could've led to them being a very good team for many years.

Players on 2018 Dallas roster:

L.Cambage
S.Diggins-Smith
A.Powers
A.Stevens
A.Gray

Coaching/development is very important...Of course, it would hurt to have players that really want to play for the franchise.

WNBA09 is gonna get you for saying that....I'm not saying a word, just listening🤫🤫🤫😆

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 02/05/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Big time move by Fish......he gets a lot of flack on this board but he's been making some good moves over the last year......If LA can get Liz's name on a contract they will have legit title contender talent.

Eh, no. They'd make the playoffs but I'd still put them in the 5-8 seed range and falling in the first round.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if Canada and Cambage are added, that bench isn’t very good and there’s not much shooting.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Eh, no. They'd make the playoffs but I'd still put them in the 5-8 seed range and falling in the first round.

X_____ This

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
I doubt it , not like their complaining about Millions. Yes its super teaming but im still not sold they will get the job done.

... It's not about "super teaming." The best players in the league willingly signing for way below their market value impacts the ability of the role players to negotiate contracts, and their leverage. The union should absolutely speak out against that.

I mean clearly not really, since Diamond signed for 150k..

I didn't realize that it needed to be clarified that it'll only be a problem, if it becomes a trend. Obviously, if we come around to when it's time to negotiate the next CBA, and we're able to look back and see that Charles was the only star who ever did it, then we don't have to worry about it. If Charles becomes the first of many, teams aren't going to be likely to offer role players reasonable salaries, if they think they can get a star for a fraction of that... Like, I bag on Tiffany Hayes, all the time, and think that she's overrated as hell, but would you sign DeShields for 150 stacks, if you thought that you could get Hayes for 108?

Shit, forget about DeShields, because she's probably going to be alright, regardless, because of her talent, and presumed potential. To me, the better question is: if you think you can get Tiffany Hayes for 108K, what are you offering Lindsay Allen?

I made that comment in jest, but really I don’t think it will be an issue.

Tina is an older star player who go wants a ring and donates her salary to charity.

Those aren’t exactly circumstances that will pop up too much, and they really aren’t that unusual for any sports league when older players go ring chasing.

Part of free agency is getting to go exactly where you want to go. The reality is Phoenix offered Tina an opportunity a lot of other teams didn’t. She wouldn’t have signed for a 100k less than her worth for any team.

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carter and Copper together (with maybe more to come) could work out great. But sounds like drama already

PostPosted: 02/05/22 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:

Hollywood Liz: "If Chennedy makes any noise, I'll sit on her until she gives in!!!" Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/22 6:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33218257/wnba-free-agency-2022-how-signing-tina-charles-impacts-phoenix-mercury

Quote:
Is this the greatest WNBA superteam?

Charles, the MVP in 2012, joins Griner and Taurasi to give the Mercury three members of the W25 list of the top 25 players in league history released in conjunction with last year's 25th anniversary season. Add in Diggins-Smith and DeShields and Phoenix's stars have combined for an incredible 35 All-WNBA selections and 31 All-Star appearances. (Why more All-WNBA picks? Because the league hasn't played an All-Star game every season, so Taurasi has just 10 appearances as compared to 14 All-WNBA picks.)

LOL haven't even played a game and people are asking if they're the best superteam ever? Comets and Lynx be damned apparently. Laughing

PostPosted: 02/05/22 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/33218257/wnba-free-agency-2022-how-signing-tina-charles-impacts-phoenix-mercury

Quote:

Charles, the MVP in 2012, joins Griner and Taurasi to give the Mercury three members of the W25 list of the top 25 players in league history released in conjunction with last year's 25th anniversary season. Add in Diggins-Smith and DeShields and Phoenix's stars have combined for an incredible 35 All-WNBA selections and 31 All-Star appearances. (Why more All-WNBA picks? Because the league hasn't played an All-Star game every season, so Taurasi has just 10 appearances as compared to 14 All-WNBA picks.)

LOL haven't even played a game and people are asking if they're the best superteam ever? Comets and Lynx be damned apparently. Laughing

I'd say it might be one of the most incredible assemblies in free agency. Pittman has done some incredible work the last few years starting with the Diggins Smith acquisition.

I mean, the 2012 Lakers were stacked too but we saw how that went down.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/06/22 3:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldnt be suprised to see a very chaotic and messy Mercury team in the first half of the season and then late in the season they will make it work and will be scary

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mercfan3

PostPosted: 02/06/22 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

Quote:

Never mind the Griner/Taurasi/Taylor team or the Taurasi/Taylor/Cappie team.

Obviously there is a lot of talent, and it might be the best post rotation ever (Griner/Turner/Charles) when all is said and done, but there have been some extremely talented teams - let’s let them play.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: