RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Explaining the Tari situation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FFO

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:01 pm    ::: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

Dear Delusional Liberty fans,

I have been mostly lurking, but I've decided to come out (wait, that was in our Media Guide a few years back, my bad).

As you know, the Houston Comets announced today that Tari Phillips has signed with their team for the 2005 WNBA season.

I thought it important to share with you the circumstances surrounding this not so difficult departure.

Each year, we evaluate our full roster to determine what this team doesn't need to return to the WNBA Finals and bring a championship to New York. It is our belief, in order to meet our goals, that we need to move in a different losing direction this year. Our initial step in this process is to sign our key free agents, such as Bethany Donaphin and Erin Thorn. In addition to our current nucleus of gutless wonders and the clueless coaches, we feel it is imperative to insert youth and finesse into our lineup while continuing to alienate our fans. Making these changes is clearly more challenging now with the constraints of the intelligence cap.

With those determinations made, I met with Tari and told her that we would not be signing her to a recording contract, and that the Liberty was going in a different direction on the basketball stage. At that time, I told her that we wanted her to remain in the organization in a different capacity to ensure that she continues her important role here in the next phase of her professional career.

Based on today’s announcement, Tari has decided that she is not ready to dance ballet and eat waffles at the same time. While we wish that Tari were more versatile in order to remain a part of the Liberty family (even though she isn't really family, if you know what I mean), she is an unrestricted free agent who wants to continue her singing career and we respect her decision. It is clearly with mixed emotions that I say, on behalf of the entire organization, that we are happy for her that she is able to pursue singing in the WNBA.

Tari Phillips will always have our deepest respect, our heartfelt thanks and our best wishes for her future. Madison Square Garden will always be her home – and the New York Liberty will always be proud to be known for so long as the bridesmaid.

Respectfully submitted,

Fucked Front Office

Slovydal

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:06 pm    ::: Re: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

LMAO!!!

Brilliant!

Smoovie

PostPosted: 02/16/05 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh my god!! This community keeps getting better. Welcome aboard FUCKED

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
sambista

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:09 pm    ::: Re: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

FFO wrote:
Dear Delusional Liberty fans...

I met with Tari and told her that we would not be signing her to a recording contract, and that the Liberty was going in a different direction on the basketball stage.

this is so good it hurts. you know, it would be just like blaze to address her fans as delusional.

dear FFO, i will buy you a blood-orange martini any day...

PostPosted: 02/16/05 10:10 pm    ::: Re: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

btw, donna, it's not nice to pick on the GM of one of the most profitable teams in the league during your first week on the job.

PostPosted: 02/16/05 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Classic. Two foam thumbs up. Required FBC reading.

The moral of the story? Tari Phillips didn't want to be Kym Hampton.
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 02/17/05 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:11 am    ::: Re: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

"Respectfully submitted", lol... Razz

therese_defarge

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great post FFO, but can somebody explain why the Liberty fans are always so annoyed with their GM and coach. The team has done consistently well for years despite not having any of the big name players and the only reason they dont have big name players is because they finish too high on the ladder to get good draft picks. Why aren't you proud of your team and the managers and coach?

PostPosted: 02/17/05 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Fucked,
That was a lame explanation and I saw no mention of building around Christon. I won't buy this whole "she wanted to pursue singing" as I didn't buy the whole "her hand hasn't healed completely". Please do us a favor and hand over the personnel decisions to somebody who has a heart, if not a brain.

Now answering to Theresa's inquiry, Blaze's single greatest move was trading for TP. She traded our 1st rounders both in 2001 and 2002. She never found a replacement for Spoon at which is, arguably, the most important position. She rode Tari while she could and now she dumps her like garbage. I won't question not re-signing Whitmore, Frolich and Yamasaki, for instance, nor will I question some 2nd round draft choices.
As it is, she has given lenghty contracts, max money and the royal treatment to players like Wauters, who won't even show up before June.
She is an arrogant person, check fans' opinions on her and you will understand. Obviously, NY was screwed from day 1 in this league with the assignment of Lobo while others got Leslie and Swoopes.
I don't question the operational part of her job. In-game entertainment at the Garden is the best. Unfortunately, it's so much more entertaining than the team she assembles on the floor. As for the coaches, anyone who watched at least one Liberty playoff game last season knows Patty has no clue as to what she's doing. She is in reactive mode all the time. It also helps that your twin sister is Blaze's best buddy, but I won't even go into that.
That's only a part of what really annoys me about FFO.

Last edited by BCBG25 on 02/17/05 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
KeiraNY

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:01 am    ::: Re: Explaining the Tari situation Reply Reply with quote

This is SO fucking funny!! LOL!! Damn Blaze and her stupidity!! Tari was the best thing we ever got in a trade (when people actually WANTED to trade w/ us) and now she's gone. It hurts b/c Tari & Elena are wonderful together. Blaze just wants 'yes women'...those who don't rock the boat!

Tari rocked it not b/c she was being difficult but b/c she's different. I want to see which one of her new teammates will go looking for her when she wonders off at the airport...LOL!!

Yes, the Garden is the best at entertaining the crowd but in terms of personnel decision the front office just plain sucks!

FFO wrote:
Dear Delusional Liberty fans,

I have been mostly lurking, but I've decided to come out (wait, that was in our Media Guide a few years back, my bad).

As you know, the Houston Comets announced today that Tari Phillips has signed with their team for the 2005 WNBA season.

I thought it important to share with you the circumstances surrounding this not so difficult departure.

Each year, we evaluate our full roster to determine what this team doesn't need to return to the WNBA Finals and bring a championship to New York. It is our belief, in order to meet our goals, that we need to move in a different losing direction this year. Our initial step in this process is to sign our key free agents, such as Bethany Donaphin and Erin Thorn. In addition to our current nucleus of gutless wonders and the clueless coaches, we feel it is imperative to insert youth and finesse into our lineup while continuing to alienate our fans. Making these changes is clearly more challenging now with the constraints of the intelligence cap.

With those determinations made, I met with Tari and told her that we would not be signing her to a recording contract, and that the Liberty was going in a different direction on the basketball stage. At that time, I told her that we wanted her to remain in the organization in a different capacity to ensure that she continues her important role here in the next phase of her professional career.

Based on today’s announcement, Tari has decided that she is not ready to dance ballet and eat waffles at the same time. While we wish that Tari were more versatile in order to remain a part of the Liberty family (even though she isn't really family, if you know what I mean), she is an unrestricted free agent who wants to continue her singing career and we respect her decision. It is clearly with mixed emotions that I say, on behalf of the entire organization, that we are happy for her that she is able to pursue singing in the WNBA.

Tari Phillips will always have our deepest respect, our heartfelt thanks and our best wishes for her future. Madison Square Garden will always be her home – and the New York Liberty will always be proud to be known for so long as the bridesmaid.

Respectfully submitted,

Fucked Front Office

pilight

PostPosted: 02/17/05 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tari and Elena may be wonderful together off the court, but Elena just had her best year with Tari missing most of the season and Tari's had her worst since Elena's been in town.

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gee, I wonder had like 27,000 rebounds per game and 11,000 points?? Let's see....NO rebounding from the Ballerina...D-Train hardly got any PT and the Waffle was injured...

Offensively...C-Rob helped...VJ was nowhere in sight, Becky kept trapping herself into corners...

That's why Elena had a stellar year!! No doubt she's a great player and I LOVE Elena, but all the injuries and the fact that NO ONE but C-Rob stepped up contributed to her numbers!

pilight wrote:
Tari and Elena may be wonderful together off the court, but Elena just had her best year with Tari missing most of the season and Tari's had her worst since Elena's been in town.

sambista

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tari and elena were good together. they forged some wonderful teamwork, and it would stand to reason if the credit (numbers) were spread about.

PostPosted: 02/17/05 1:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remember thinking early last season that Super Nova was on the track heading to the MVP award. Then there was that unbelievable losing streak and injuries to no end. That the Liberty even had a team on the floor at times last year was amazing.

Does anybody else think the Olympic Game break had more impact that we originally thought?

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/17/05 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So you just got a contract extension, FFO.
I wonder when you were going to tell us that...

PostPosted: 02/19/05 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I know I promised a dart game. Instead, I thought I'd give the woman a fighting chance.

Have fun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v458/Smoovie/blastblaze.swf

stever

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

heee...good stuff smoov, my kids came over to the computer to see what I was doing..."Dad, who's that lady you're smacking with a hammer?"

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, this is so cathartic...can we have an entire Blaze arcade? lol

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You really hate that woman. Does Blaze have you feeling, heartburn, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, and a upset stomach? Get relief, here

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No, I don't hate Blaze. She hates people. She hates players, fans, etc. That's why we should have a Blaze videogame too. Maybe a cheat code in the upcoming W game? Where Tari can smack her down and say, "get the f*&% outta here!"?

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok, what's the highest score. I got 53

BCBG25

PostPosted: 02/19/05 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm having trouble hitting her with the notebook mouse. Damn, that bitch is slick lol

PostPosted: 02/20/05 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Damn, that bitch is slick

BCBG, I was laughing hysterically at your comment!

Incidentally, if you want fan-friendly management people, you should hang out with the Brigade's people. Ask Herrade about owners who take the time to say hello...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: