2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
someone else
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 39

Shades

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As tough as the Lynx schedule has been, you know there’s going to be teams out there with an easy schedule early on and one of them has got to be the Sun.

*They kicked butt on the Aces in their inaugural game, who were down their 3 best guards.

*Then they edged out a Sparks team who were on the third game of a road trip in 5 days with them having only one post player.

*Then they beat Indiana.

*Then they beat the Sky without Vandersloot. Let’s be honest. This is a team the Lynx needed on their early schedule to help themselves feel better about themselves.
[edit: Turns out this was Sloot’s first game back, but Dolson and Quigley were out]

*Then finally they beat the Mystics who were down an MVP, Tayler Hill, and Cloud. Some would also point out Meesseman, but that’s not me. The we-can-beat-anybody-with-our-rookies exuberance had worn out by then for the Mystics and their fans, and reality checked in.

Miller stumbled into winning the COY last year, so doing it again this year is highly unlikely. Back-to-back COY’s hasn’t happened since the ancient Comet dynasty days, back when they just gave awards to whoever was on the best team. Things are different nowadays. They like to distribute that COY around the league as much as possible, or else Reeve would have more than two in the past 8 years.

If this was a poll asking which coach would receive the most techs this year, I would understand the results so far. But it’s not, so wassup?!

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 06/08/18 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 06/04/18 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
*Then finally they beat the Mystics who were down an MVP, Tayler Hill, and Cloud. Some would also point out Meesseman, but that’s not me. The we-can-beat-anybody-with-our-rookies exuberance had worn out by then for the Mystics and their fans, and reality checked in.

Also, the shorthanded Mystics were on their 4th game in six days

Most people hate poetry
Aladyyn

PostPosted: 06/04/18 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

*Then they beat the Sky without Vandersloot.

Actually they beat Sky with Vandersloot. In her first game back. Without Quigley and Dolson.

So actually it's even less impressive than what you said Razz

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
As tough as the Lynx schedule has been, you know there’s going to be teams out there with an easy schedule early on and one of them has got to be the Sun.

*They kicked butt on the Aces in their inaugural game, who were down their 3 best guards.

*Then they edged out a Sparks team who were on the third game of a road trip in 5 days with them having only one post player.

*Then they beat Indiana.

*Then they beat the Sky without Vandersloot. Let’s be honest. This is a team the Lynx needed on their early schedule to help themselves feel better about themselves.

Miller stumbled into winning the COY last year, so doing it again this year is highly unlikely. Back-to-back COY’s hasn’t happened since the ancient Comet dynasty days, back when they just gave awards to whoever was on the best team. Things are different nowadays. They like to distribute that COY around the league as much as possible, or else Reeve would have more than two in the past 8 years.

If this was a poll asking which coach would receive the most techs this year, I would understand the results so far. But it’s not, so wassup?!

What’s your beef with Coach Miller anyways? Is it because he likes beating the Lynx? Is it the fact that he’s a damn good coach and you don’t like that? Or Is it because he’s a gay man?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:

*Then they beat Indiana.

What’s your beef with Coach Miller anyways? Is it because he likes beating the Lynx? Is it the fact that he’s a damn good coach and you don’t like that? Or Is it because he’s a gay man?

Bc shades thinks Miller somehow indirectly referred to "Him" personally when speaking on 2017 draft calling posters "Basement Dwellers" in no form did Coach miller even indicate or reference shades , but that seems to be the fuel Shades needed. Feel free to correct me if im wrong Shades Cool

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agler because what he did the first 3 games with only one post player

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Shades wrote:

*Then they beat Indiana.

Bc shades thinks Miller somehow indirectly referred to "Him" personally when speaking on 2017 draft calling posters "Basement Dwellers" in no form did Coach miller even indicate or reference shades , but that seems to be the fuel Shades needed. Feel free to correct me if im wrong Shades Cool

Well if that’s the case... how pathetically childish.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/04/18 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I remain certain that Big Bill will find a way to turn the Aces around, which will make him highly deserving of COY.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Agler because what he did the first 3 games with only one post player

This.

~rAf
PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pokey, because she is putting her team exactly where it needs to be to build for the future.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/18 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Pokey, because she is putting her team exactly where it needs to be to build for the future.

Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/04/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I don’t believe he was talking about me personally. I was never a big anti-Akhator crusader. I had her placed at a reasonable early second round like most people. But I do feel he overstepped by publicly saying something like that about WNBA enthusiasts who are the ones who keep him employed. He came off as arrogant and possibly defensive because how dare anybody criticize any moves he has made. He subsequently looked foolish for that whole episode because now nobody wants Akhator, not even himself.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with my honest evaluation on whether or not he deserves to be COY this year. I pointed out their schedule has been on the soft side this year, so it’s hard to gauge just how good they really are plus I pointed out back-to-back COY’s aren’t realistic. He got his most-improved team regardless of the reason award last year. It’s somebody else’s turn now. Hughes seems like a sensible choice this season if he can keep it up.

Okay, if the Sun get 30 wins this season, I’m all in on Miller for COY. Is that going happen? I’m not seeing it, so I’m voting for somebody else until he can approach that plateau.

Also, shouldn’t suggesting somebody is a homophobe as part of a debate on COY be considered a personal attack? I took it as such and think it should be addressed as such.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/04/18 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I don’t believe he was talking about me personally. I was never a big anti-Akhator crusader. I had her placed at a reasonable early second round like most people. But I do feel he overstepped by publicly saying something like that about WNBA enthusiasts who are the ones who keep him employed. He came off as arrogant and possibly defensive because how dare anybody criticize any moves he has made. He subsequently looked foolish for that whole episode because now nobody wants Akhator, not even himself.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with my honest evaluation on whether or not he deserves to be COY this year. I pointed out their schedule has been on the soft side this year, so it’s hard to gauge just how good they really are plus I pointed out back-to-back COY’s aren’t realistic. He got his most-improved team regardless of the reason award last year. It’s somebody else’s turn now. Hughes seems like a sensible choice this season if he can keep it up.

Okay, if the Sun get 30 wins this season, I’m all in on Miller for COY. Is that going happen? I’m not seeing it, so I’m voting for somebody else until he can approach that plateau.

Also, shouldn’t suggesting somebody is a homophobe as part of a debate on COY be considered a personal attack? I took it as such and think it should be addressed as such.

I agree, i kind of Shocked when i read that part also . Now that you have explained your reasoning thoroughly i must say you have a valid point. He doesn't even want her himself Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/04/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If it came off as a personal attack on you, then i apologize. I was just trying to figure out why you seemed to hate him so much, for no reason that I could see. As a gay person myself, sometimes we judge others for disliking because we are gay and recieve hate from all kinds of places. I guess, just like when some black people who say ‘oh you don’t like me, so you much be racist’ and things like that. So no, it wasn’t meant as a personal attack. But anyways, whatever. I stand by my choice for coach of the year. To say he didn’t deserve it last year is absurd. His main star player was out all year, he had a ton of youth etc etc and managed to get the Sun to their first playoffs in years. So yes, last year he deserved it. If he ends this season with the best record in the regular season then yes he deserves it again this year. No team is playing as good at the moment regardless if players are injured or out on the other teams or not.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 06/04/18 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun will probably win 30 games this year because they have a real, legitimate WNBA coach, in Curt Miller, unlike the Lynx. 😡

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 06/04/18 8:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: