RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Conn vs Indy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumption72

PostPosted: 08/23/05 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rothum wrote:
I not big on the refs are jerks but this game just change me. This was not "geeeezzeee call the fouls!" or "I can't believe you called THAT a foul????" ... This was some insane clear cut mistakes that influenced the out come of the game. Kelly Miller gabs a rebound and calls a time out without clear control of the ball. The refs give it to her. When the refs set up the in bounds it is at the OPPOSITE END of the court yet Indiana did not move the ball across the half court line before calling the time out. So Mike pops his cork and they T'd him.

I have watched some ugly officiating this season but this game took it to a whole new level.

Sounds like you were actually at the game. I only listened to the game, but I got the same idea. Thanks for the first hand information. I wish I could remember the guy ref's name they kept referring to that seemed to make the most insane calls... he iced the cake with Coach T's 2nd technical, even though he wasn't even involved with that other ref's conversation with Coach T. I wish the game was won by how it was actually played in a more pure sense.

Rothum

PostPosted: 08/23/05 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gumption72 wrote:

Sounds like you were actually at the game. I only listened to the game, but I got the same idea. Thanks for the first hand information. I wish I could remember the guy ref's name they kept referring to that seemed to make the most insane calls... he iced the cake with Coach T's 2nd technical, even though he wasn't even involved with that other ref's conversation with Coach T. I wish the game was won by how it was actually played in a more pure sense.

Yes I am a STH since the first season. I have been haunting this board since last season and I finally gopt my gumption up to scribble a note every now and then. Laughing

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/23/05 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Game story on Indystar.com

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050823/SPORTS05/50823016

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 08/23/05 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There's no way to check this, but I suspect that games involving Indiana produce more complaints about officiating than other games, because Indiana's game plan, this year and last year, is: get to the line. Works, too.

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 08/23/05 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
There's no way to check this, but I suspect that games involving Indiana produce more complaints about officiating than other games, because Indiana's game plan, this year and last year, is: get to the line. Works, too.

I've got no problem with that plan by Indiana. What I do have a problem with is the officials ignoring the same calls by Indiana that they call against the opposing team. That is where I was upset tonight...there was a serious leaning tonight by the officials in the second half.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 08/23/05 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:

Absolutely!

They force turnovers and draw fouls. Tonight they even shot the ball well.

Early in the season it was evident that the Fever wanted to make the new hand-check rule work to their advantage.

It's working.

: )

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/24/05 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The officials sucked big time! Eli Roe T-d up Mike both times. After you T up a coach once, and the game's on the line, think you might want to walk away instead of standing there?

And THE REFS led to the T. Mike had called for a 20, and gave him a full, so when he needed the full with 35 secs left, they wouldn't give him one. He went ballistic. I heard him "This is bullshit!" from my seats.

No foul shots in the 2nd half? To be fair, the Sun was less aggressive, but still.

Taj hurt her hand; I think we may have a problem. After all our autograph chasing, etc. she first came out just before 11 because she had treatments on her hand.

Indiana played very well. Yes they made the shots, but more importantly they realllly controlled the tempo and took the Sun out of their game.

Excuses aside, Indy won this game, CT didn't lose it and the refs didn't steal it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: