Wings
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

Shades

PostPosted: 08/04/17 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
In a battle of two of the coaches with in my opinion the hottest seats in the league, Dallas is just killing Seattle.

So do the Storm fire Boucek now and see if Klop can do anything with this team?

He was pretty bad the last time he head coached.

I think I'd hang with Boucek this season, and then see if Collen is interested.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
blaase22

PostPosted: 08/04/17 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How can a team with 3 former number one picks starting( and very good ones not Plum level ones), be this bad?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/04/17 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All these unforced turnovers for Seattle. Confused

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/04/17 8:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue Bird with a -26 tonight in her 22 minutes Surprised

Last edited by Luuuc on 08/04/17 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
scrappy

PostPosted: 08/04/17 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
How can a team with 3 former number one picks starting( and very good ones not Plum level ones), be this bad?

overpaid and overrated:
quinn
sword
langhorne
mosquada-lewis

PostPosted: 08/04/17 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
In a battle of two of the coaches with in my opinion the hottest seats in the league, Dallas is just killing Seattle.

So do the Storm fire Boucek now and see if Klop can do anything with this team?

He was pretty bad the last time he head coached.

I think I'd hang with Boucek this season, and then see if Collen is interested.

he had terrible talents before. though his 'sos' defense scheme does have holes. it has been exposed and exploited before.

PostPosted: 08/04/17 9:05 pm    ::: ! Reply Reply with quote

The Wings definitely were not playing this go 'round! Wow!

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/04/17 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win for the Wings!

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/05/17 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Outrebounded by 21, 16-5 on offensive boards. There are those who say the best looks at three-pointers come after offensive rebounds, and there might be a correlation between the ORs and 16 threes.

On the other hand, 61.5% from beyond the arc is pretty impressive -- or pretty lucky.

Have to say that Jenny Boucek is not getting the most out of this talent. I always liked her, but I think this is her last season as a head coach.

PostPosted: 08/05/17 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Someone might say coaching.

I might be "someone."

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
tfan

PostPosted: 08/05/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F78jFPobjOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tfan

PostPosted: 08/05/17 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*duplicate*

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 08/05/17 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/F78jFPobjOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice! Thanks.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/05/17 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any particular reason why Breanna Stewart only attempts 8 shots in 30 minutes? Vs a terrible defense, no less?

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/05/17 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Any particular reason why Breanna Stewart only attempts 8 shots in 30 minutes? Vs a terrible defense, no less?

I will beat the same headhunter drum from above and say bad coaching. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:

The 11 FT attempts suggest she attempted more than 8 shots, but that still seems like a small number. It looked like she had a lot of touches, so that might suggest that the Wings' defense keyed on her, forcing her to pass out of double teams. (I am fully aware that the term "Wings' defense" is an oxymoron.)

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I will beat the same headhunter drum from above and say bad coaching. Laughing

It is a coaching thing. Boucek wants the offense to flow and that everyone shares the ball. IMO Stewart should headline the Storms offense next season and in years to come and Loyd should be that 2nd option. Stewart is a good passer so her being double teamed and pass out of that shouldnt be a problem. So to me its a bad coaching decision to not have her get the most touches and play through her just like we did with Lauren Jackson in the past.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
tfan

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:

Jewell Loyd is not at the top level #1 pick [Holdsclaw, Bird, Taurasi, Parker, McCoughtry, Charles, Moore, Griner, Stewart] that are instant Olympians. Loyd didn't make the all-star game in her third season. And Bird is 36 years old, the oldest player in the league.

Last edited by tfan on 08/05/17 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

So do the Storm fire Boucek now and see if Klop can do anything with this team? Might be worth knowing before next season.

I dont trust Klop considering he stared down at the floor during play instead of coaching up his team. Do you trust him with a young squad?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Jewell Loyd is not at the top level #1 pick [Holdsclaw, Bird, Taurasi, Parker, McCoughtry, Charles, Moore, Griner, Stewart] that are instant Olympians. And Bird is 36 years old.

Bird is averaging 10,5 pts and 6,7 assists (2,2 TO's) while shooting 44% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. Age is just a number in her case. Certainly not an excuse for the team to be this bad.

Loyd is one of the best SG's in the league at this point. Yes she might be as good as those number 1 picks you mentioned but 17,5 pts per game on 42% shooting from the field and 38 % from behind the arc is pretty good and also not an excuse for the team to be this BAD.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

So do the Storm fire Boucek now and see if Klop can do anything with this team? Might be worth knowing before next season.

I dont trust Klop considering he stared down at the floor during play instead of coaching up his team. Do you trust him with a young squad?

Heck no.... he was one of the worst.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
tfan wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

Jewell Loyd is not at the top level #1 pick [Holdsclaw, Bird, Taurasi, Parker, McCoughtry, Charles, Moore, Griner, Stewart] that are instant Olympians. And Bird is 36 years old.

Bird is averaging 10,5 pts and 6,7 assists (2,2 TO's) while shooting 44% from the field and 40% from behind the arc. Age is just a number in her case. Certainly not an excuse for the team to be this bad.

But how is her defense, which was always her weakness.

Quote:

Loyd is one of the best SG's in the league at this point. Yes she might be as good as those number 1 picks you mentioned but 17,5 pts per game on 42% shooting from the field and 38 % from behind the arc is pretty good and also not an excuse for the team to be this BAD.

Loyd is not an all-star.

tfan

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Randy wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

Heck no.... he was one of the worst.

Need to evaluate him when he doesn't have the worst team. He does have a "Woodenesque" game presence - remaining seated on the bench watching. Which is what Laimbeer seems to go a lot of these days, sometimes looking down at his hands.

Last edited by tfan on 08/05/17 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
tfan wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

But how is her defense, which was always her weakness.

Quote:

Loyd is not an all-star.

She should of been an allstar ahead of Augustus and many other players if she was playing in the 'East' and tbh being an allstar doesnt mean everything just ask Shoni

Shades

PostPosted: 08/05/17 4:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Need to evaluate him when he doesn't have the worst team.

No need for me. I've seen enough. If SEA is going to go through the whole process, might as well try to get it right instead of wasting a couple more years of Stewart/Loyd.

tfan wrote:
Which is what Laimbeer seems to go a lot of these days, sometimes looking down at his hands.

With Laimbeer it's more a rubbing his face with his hand... in frustration.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: