RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Let the impeachment begin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 01/21/20 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
Re McConnell and Trump trial: Nothing is beyond the #lawlessGOP.

Anyone who supports it is a traitor to the country, the Constitution, the rule of law.

I don't see the Democrat party and Democrats as in a position to talk about "the rule of law" - as they (along with the Republicans) openly support an ILLEGAL workforce of millions throughout the country. The problem with ignoring a critical national law for decades and simultaneously not asking for the law to be changed - it turns statements about "the rule of law" into empty sanctimony.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jTB_carVpu8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Genero36

PostPosted: 01/22/20 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/22/20 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ksKzGwqfVZI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

Anyone who supports it is a traitor to the country, the Constitution, the rule of law.

I don't see the Democrat party and Democrats as in a position to talk about "the rule of law" - as they (along with the Republicans) openly support an ILLEGAL workforce of millions throughout the country. The problem with ignoring a critical national law for decades and simultaneously not asking for the law to be changed - it turns statements about "the rule of law" into empty sanctimony.

as the ship called the Constitutional Republic of the US of A sinks into the sea, your vigilant, one-note protest siren song will be duly noted.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

as the ship called the Constitutional Republic of the US of A sinks into the sea, your vigilant, one-note protest siren song will be duly noted.

The ILLEGAL workforce harms American workers and has other negative effects for Americans. Unlike Ukrainegate and Russiagate and anything else that is creating opposition outrage over a guy that people hate primarily for his personality. Bush invaded Iraq on a pack of lies - war crimes - and had fewer protests against him when he was re-elected than Trump did on his inauguration weekend.

Last edited by tfan on 01/22/20 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Howee

PostPosted: 01/22/20 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
tfan wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:

The ILLEGAL workforce harms American workers. Unlike Ukrainegate and Russiagate and whatever else you are clutching your pearls about.

Well, BOTH are legitimate concerns, in very different ways. Illegal workers have been and will continue to be part of the landscape. Tolerating and soliciting Foreign interventions in our elections is, imo, a much more imminent danger to our institutions of democracy. In other words, if we don't ALL start *clutching our pearls* to the point of taking actions to stop the criminality that is decaying our Balance of Power, ILLEGAL workers won't make a hill o' beans difference once we've degenerated into a Banana Republic.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had the day off work yesterday and since I was stupid enough to get a Shingrix vaccine, I'm off today with a fever and other side effects. So when I haven't been sleeping (most of the day), I've been watching the trial.

What the HELL are the repubs trying to accomplish by all of the stonewalling yesterday?

Why don't they want to get to the TRUTH? Why don't they want to have witnesses or subpoena documents?

I know why, but what do they think is going to happen during the next impeachment trial that is against a dem. pres? They will get the same crap thrown back at them. Do they think that they are being so smart? Do they think that the dems. aren't taking notes of what is happening?

The VOTERS need to tell their reps, that enough is enough. They need to say that they understand the desire to keep their party in power, but they also need to tell them that our COUNTRY is more important than who is in power. There are just too damn many people that don't have the bigger picture (COUNTRY) in mind that are voting. Either in their local elections or in the US Senate.

This just PISSES me off!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/22/20 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I understand this correctly there is a procedural vote at the end of the day where it is possible that the Republicans could vote to dismiss the trial, ironically for lack of evidence.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/22/20 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If I understand this correctly there is a procedural vote at the end of the day where it is possible that the Republicans could vote to dismiss the trial, ironically for lack of evidence.

Laughing If that's the case it is A+ trolling. Credit where it's due.

PostPosted: 01/22/20 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Laughing If that's the case it is A+ trolling. Credit where it's due.

What I just read is they could have had a vote to dismiss at the beginning of yesterday but decided against it but they could still have a vote to dismiss after the house makes its case.

tfan

PostPosted: 01/22/20 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Well, BOTH are legitimate concerns, in very different ways. Illegal workers have been and will continue to be part of the landscape. Tolerating and soliciting Foreign interventions in our elections is, imo, a much more imminent danger to our institutions of democracy. In other words, if we don't ALL start *clutching our pearls* to the point of taking actions to stop the criminality that is decaying our Balance of Power, ILLEGAL workers won't make a hill o' beans difference once we've degenerated into a Banana Republic.

But saying asking Ukraine to investigate Biden's son for illegal or unethical conduct is "asking a foreign country to interfere in our election" seems like a partisan characterization. If Obama had asked another country to investigate Trump Jr. for illegal or unethical behavior in the summer of 2015 and withheld aid to them for a while, I don't think MSNBC and CNN pundits and hosts or you would be calling it "asking a foreign country to interfere with our election". They'd be saying that it was a legitimate concern that the Trump family was corrupt and the American voters needed to know if it was true or not before they were asked to vote on him. And FoxNews would be calling it an abuse of power and "asking a foreign country to interfere with an election".

Howee

PostPosted: 01/23/20 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
But saying asking Ukraine to investigate Biden's son for illegal or unethical conduct is "asking a foreign country to interfere in our election" seems like a partisan characterization.

Demanding an investigation be conducted by a foreign government, against the president's opponent IS partisan, and in a most power-abusive way, as it entailed withholding necessary aid until their "investigation" was announced (not completed, mind you, just announced for the glaring optics of it all)

Recognizing and calling out this illegality shouldn't be a partisan act: every congressional member (Dem or Rep) who knew of this should be up in arms, demanding explanation and accountability. THEIR Republican act of pretending nothing wrong was done IS the worst kind of partisan characterization: "We Republicans don't like how Dems have found this egregious offense by Our Man, so we'll AS A WHOLE PARTY deny there was anything wrong".

As I said, this is a most corrosive movement that radically undermines the separation of powers: Republicans are handing Donald the scepter to rule as undisputed king. And then, of course, in THAT Kingdom, there will only be more and more ILLEGAL aliens, as Donald knows how hiring them does wonders for his bottom line in all his Kingdom's businesses.

PostPosted: 01/23/20 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"I have, in Article II, where I have the right to do whatever I want as President," Trump says in one clip aired on Tuesday by lead impeachment manager Rep. Adam Schiff, D-California.

The Trump tapes not only break up hours of dense legal arguments. They also put the President at the center of the action, portraying him as the ringleader of the scheme to pressure Ukraine for political favors, and not an outsider player.

They also confront the Republican senators, serving as jurors, with the direct evidence of what Democrats say is outlandish, impeachable behavior in a way that may not change their minds but is deeply uncomfortable.

Quote:
So Schiff dug out the famous clip from the 2016 election when Trump called on Russia, "if you are listening," to find Hillary Clinton's 30,000 "missing" emails. Last year's call by the President for China to "start an investigation into the Bidens" also came up, as did Trump's comment to George Stephanopoulos on ABC News that if a foreign power had election dirt: "I think I'd want to hear it."

Quote:
Conservative commentator Scott Jennings said on CNN that even if some GOP senators were upset by the evidence of Trump's behavior they were forced to watch, they had little realistic choice about what to do.

Such senators were asking, "Are we really going to throw a president out of office for the first time in American history over this?" Jennings told Burnett.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/politics/donald-trump-impeachment-trial-witness/index.html

PostPosted: 01/23/20 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pelosi should have chosen a better speaker than Sylvia Garcia.

She put me to sleep about 15 minutes in. I wish I was still asleep.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 01/23/20 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

as did Trump's comment to George Stephanopoulos on ABC News that if a foreign power had election dirt: "I think I'd want to hear it."

There is “dirt” as in an affair or drinking problem. There is also illegal acts and unethical conduct in office. I think most presidents (they are far from Boy Scouts)would be open to both and admit to the latter.

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/24/20 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 01/24/20 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Schiff just took a really deep dig at Trump with a story about his dad trying to get into the army. Laughing

How he was rejected for bad feet and bad eyesight once, then went back two weeks later and tried again, failed again. He was asked if he had been there a couple of weeks ago. When he said yes, he was accepted.

If Trump was only a 10th the American that Schiff's father was....

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/20 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0L5YuM_7Ba8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/20 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/068HUR4mokA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 01/30/20 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-CT on the impeachment trial on C-SPAN:

Quote:
What you just saw was a fact-free summation of a case bereft of evidence.

For once I actually agree with Da'Nang Dick!

Shades

PostPosted: 01/30/20 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crazy King Trump has spoken!

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/30/20 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-CT on the impeachment trial on C-SPAN:

Quote:
What you just saw was a fact-free summation of a case bereft of evidence.

For once I actually agree with Da'Nang Dick!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So place your bets

will 4 Republicans vote for witness?

If 3 vote for witness and there is a 50/50 split what happens?

If 3 or less republicans vote for witnesses and we therefor have no witnesses will McConnell immediately call for the final vote?

The final vote requiring 67 votes to remove from offices falls way short (probably along party lines give or take a vote)?

and the Impeachment trial is over tomorrow?

Or we get witnesses and the trial goes on for a few more weeks?

or gets dragged out for months?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 01/30/20 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So place your bets

will 4 Republicans vote for witness?

If 3 vote for witness and there is a 50/50 split what happens?

If 3 or less republicans vote for witnesses and we therefor have no witnesses will McConnell immediately call for the final vote?

The final vote requiring 67 votes to remove from offices falls way short (probably along party lines give or take a vote)?

and the Impeachment trial is over tomorrow?

Or we get witnesses and the trial goes on for a few more weeks?

or gets dragged out for months?

Of course there won't be witnesses. Every Republican will vote for no witnesses. Every one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 38 of 43

Jump to: