RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 03/20/19 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
per their Facebook page, the August 11 game vs. Seattle will now be at the Barclays Center.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2629551443754058/

FYI, only presale tickets can be bought now. Sales for the general public will go on sale on Friday at 10am.

I noticed there's no date for any of the scheduled games in Westchester right now. Makes me wonder if Tsao is trying to move a few more games to the Barclays.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Happycappie25

PostPosted: 03/21/19 5:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
toad455 wrote:
per their Facebook page, the August 11 game vs. Seattle will now be at the Barclays Center.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2629551443754058/

FYI, only presale tickets can be bought now. Sales for the general public will go on sale on Friday at 10am.

I noticed there's no date for any of the scheduled games in Westchester right now. Makes me wonder if Tsao is trying to move a few more games to the Barclays.

Not that I understand...more than likely he wants the sales buzz to go to the Barclays game...

Way I get it good PAID crowd...#hellobrooklyn2020 if not...God only knows...so you wanna be in Brooklyn full time...consider the last straw to be a move to Nassau (as posted here)...

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS

This is your clutch time ladies and gentlemen...

You say ya care PROVE IT

Don't come alone or if you do get your seats one section higher than normal for this game to toss more bucks in the pot

Looks like it's 30 or 40 very fair pricing...no one is asking for knick or ranger rates

But bring friends bring family bring anyone

I for one have this game close enough to my birthday that I'm shaving a whole year off my life and doing my big 40 at this game working with the goal to get enough for group rate...nuts...not when you met your wife at a game...if by buying a 10 to 15 seat block can ensure the team we fell in love to stays home then it's worth every penny

This is a hardcore board for hardcore fans so I suspect similar connections...if you don't have the means for that I'm sure you all know at least 5 folks who were lib fans who aren't now thanks to various acts by Mr Dolan get them to try the libs again...for the first time

Team ain't gonna get too much buzz alone...this year is gonna be a rebuild...not being mean just a fact of life...you know I'm gonna be up in Clarke's grill to get out on the slope and hit the LGBT community there and then go a mile up...say hi to Mr Charles for good luck then sell the hell out of Bed Stuy and the strong basketball and African American community there...dang right in gonna be counting ads and demanding posters in stores etc...

But to put on my Kennedy hat...ask not what what your sales rep can do for you...you know the rest

You wanna be in Brooklyn next season and out of that shithole in white plains...YOU SHOW EM...no empty seats

No taking freebies...

Show JOE TSAI WHAT WE ARE MADE OF

NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN....BRING EVERYONE AND EVERYONE YOU CAN

MAKE IT A NIGHT MR TSAI CAN'T FORGET...AND AN OFFER OF ATTENDANCE HE CAN'T REFUSE

Clutch time lib fans....#hellobrooklyn2020is in our grasp...it's not too much For Mr. Tsai to ask us to take it

I know we can but every ticket COUNTS

PostPosted: 03/21/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://liberty.wnba.com/news/new-york-liberty-sign-marine-johannes/

Libs sign Marine Johannès, 5’10 guard. Can she play point?
15.1ppg, 4.7apg, 2.8rpg, FG 45.7%, 3FG 32.4% (2.2 made per game), FT 81.2% in Euroleague play (16 games).

http://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/18-19/videos/Marine-Johannes-%7C-Bourges-Basket-Full-Season-Highlights-EuroLeague-Women-2018

Her season highlights.

Last edited by bluedevilaztecfan5 on 03/21/19 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dang! As the board’s #1 talent-spotter, I knew I shouldn’t have been talking about Johannes in the Liberty thread. Crying or Very sad

This new Liberty GM is already showing signs of being good. Can the Lynx just fire Reeve now?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bluedevilaztecfan5 wrote:

15.1ppg, 4.7apg, 2.8rpg, FG 45.7%, 3FG 32.4% (2.2 made per game) in Euroleague play (16 games).

http://www.fiba.basketball/euroleaguewomen/18-19/videos/Marine-Johannes-%7C-Bourges-Basket-Full-Season-Highlights-EuroLeague-Women-2018

Her season highlights.

She can but she is not a natural pg. She is a pure scorer and fun to watch. She needs to bulk up a little bit though if she wants to play solid minutes in the W

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

15.1ppg, 4.7apg, 2.8rpg, FG 45.7%, 3FG 32.4% (2.2 made per game) in Euroleague play (16 games).

Her season highlights.

She can but she is not a natural pg. She is a pure scorer and fun to watch. She needs to bulk up a little bit though if she wants to play solid minutes in the W

I just watched her highlights which of course only show off the best, but she reminds me of Allie Quigley.
She has a quick trigger and release on her shot, deep range, good touch, nifty in getting to the basket and finishing, not super athletic but decent, able to pull up from midrange, good court vision/seems to have good IQ, decent ball handling, not the tightest handle- with some quick crossover moves but high dribbling, she’s a playmaker for sure.
But based on this vid I can agree she does not seem like a natural PG. And no clue about her defense.

toad455

PostPosted: 03/21/19 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice pick up by the Liberty! This likely means Prince and Zellous are out. Still need a PG with Boyd unsigned.

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/21/19 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just watched her highlights which of course only show off the best, but she reminds me of Allie Quigley.
She has a quick trigger and release on her shot, deep range, good touch, nifty in getting to the basket and finishing, not super athletic but decent, able to pull up from midrange, good court vision/seems to have good IQ, decent ball handling, not the tightest handle- with some quick crossover moves but high dribbling, she’s a playmaker for sure.
But based on this vid I can agree she does not seem like a natural PG. And no clue about her defense.

Quigley would be my comparison too -- same height, same build, similar game. What I noticed during the World Cup compared to the Olympics is that Johannes now has muscle definition. Still slender, but her arms are sinewy like Quigley. As I mentioned in an earlier post, at one point the French national team was grooming her to replace Dumerc. Obviously, that didn't work out. I would view Marine as a SG with PG being only an emergency option.

Hey, NY signed someone who wasn't in camp last year! Kolb has already expanded the new blood by 100%. Wink

PostPosted: 03/21/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could someone please clarify which Liberty players are currently under contract? And, of those, which have training-camp contracts only? I've gotten a little confused. Am I correct that Raincock-Ekunwe is not under contract at the moment?

Many thanks.

Shades

PostPosted: 03/21/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Am I correct that Raincock-Ekunwe is not under contract at the moment?

That is not correct. She signed a one year deal.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/21/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Bob Lamm wrote:
Am I correct that Raincock-Ekunwe is not under contract at the moment?

That is not correct. She signed a one year deal.

Thanks for this correction. I'm now thinking that

Nurse, Allen, Raincock-Ekunwe, Zahui B., Stokes, Hartley, Rodgers, and Johannes are under full contracts

Faris, Gray, and Kolby Morgan are on training-camp contracts

Charles, Boyd, Vaughn, Zellous, Prince and Coleman remain unsigned.

(That covers everyone currently on the Liberty roster on the website apart from Johannes, who hasn't been added yet)

Does my list seem right?

Shades

PostPosted: 03/21/19 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Old signings
Bria Hartley
Kia Nurse
Sugar Rodgers
Kiah Stokes

New solid signings
Rebecca Allen
Amanda Zahui B
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Marine Johannes

New camp signings
Kelly Faris
Reshanda Gray
Morgan Kolby

Unsigned cored
Tina Charles

Unsigned RFA
Brittany Boyd

Unsigned UFA
Marissa Coleman
Epiphanny Prince
Kia Vaughn
Shavonte Zellous

Lib Fan

PostPosted: 03/21/19 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My feelings right now:

Dont sign any of our UFA's
Sign Tina Charles ...of course

Not sure about Boyd

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 03/21/19 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Old signings
Bria Hartley
Kia Nurse
Sugar Rodgers
Kiah Stokes

New solid signings
Rebecca Allen
Amanda Zahui B
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe
Marine Johannes

New camp signings
Kelly Faris
Reshanda Gray
Morgan Kolby

Unsigned cored
Tina Charles
http://boards.rebkell.net/posting.php?mode=quote&p=1564108

Unsigned RFA
Brittany Boyd

Unsigned UFA
Marissa Coleman
Epiphanny Prince
Kia Vaughn
Shavonte Zellous

Many thanks.

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/21/19 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The news release doesn't say what kind of contract Johannes received. Are we assuming it's a regular contract because management gave her a full announcement? I suppose it doesn't matter unless she gets hurt. A regular contract protects the player, a training camp contract doesn't. Nevertheless, I would assume Johannes' contract isn't guaranteed.

If people believe the Liberty are serious about keeping Johannes, then that makes it less likely they'll draft Durr at #2. Nurse, Rodgers, Johannes, and throw in Hartley who is a combo guard. How many SGs do you need? Of course having too many natural 2-guards was precisely the problem when they had Zellous, Prince, Rodgers, Nurse, and Hartley. I'd assume after freeing themselves from that logjam management wouldn't want to recreate it again.

PostPosted: 03/21/19 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I firmly believe that Johannes is under a training camp contract. Hartley's our PG at this point. Draft day is going to be interesting.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/21/19 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Johannes could give more than say Rebecca Allen or Faris. If you guys don't want her im sure now that shes on the radar someone else could use her.

PostPosted: 03/21/19 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
The news release doesn't say what kind of contract Johannes received. Are we assuming it's a regular contract because management gave her a full announcement? I suppose it doesn't matter unless she gets hurt. A regular contract protects the player, a training camp contract doesn't. Nevertheless, I would assume Johannes' contract isn't guaranteed.

If people believe the Liberty are serious about keeping Johannes, then that makes it less likely they'll draft Durr at #2. Nurse, Rodgers, Johannes, and throw in Hartley who is a combo guard. How many SGs do you need? Of course having too many natural 2-guards was precisely the problem when they had Zellous, Prince, Rodgers, Nurse, and Hartley. I'd assume after freeing themselves from that logjam management wouldn't want to recreate it again.

Are we assuming that Nurse will play SG rather than SF? It seems that most people here are dubious about Nurse as a SF. But the only vote that counts is Katie Smith's. I'm wondering what she's thinking. Obviously if Smith sees Nurse as a SG, then everything in your last paragraph makes total sense.

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/21/19 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smith has shown she'll play Nurse at SF, SG, and PG. However, this is a coach who thought Coleman could play PF, and one who experimented with hockey line changes. Who knows if her views have evolved? That also goes for her comment about wanting a guard after the draft lottery. We're talking about months ago now. Smith easily could have changed her mind after reevaluating for a whole college season. Anyway, Kolb is making the decisions now. We don't actually know much about him. Since today's move doesn't look like anything Smith did this year or last, I'm assuming it indicates some kind of change in thinking. Let's see if Kolb makes more moves before the draft.

PostPosted: 03/22/19 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Smith has shown she'll play Nurse at SF, SG, and PG. However, this is a coach who thought Coleman could play PF, and one who experimented with hockey line changes. Who knows if her views have evolved? That also goes for her comment about wanting a guard after the draft lottery. We're talking about months ago now. Smith easily could have changed her mind after reevaluating for a whole college season. Anyway, Kolb is making the decisions now. We don't actually know much about him. Since today's move doesn't look like anything Smith did this year or last, I'm assuming it indicates some kind of change in thinking. Let's see if Kolb makes more moves before the draft.

I hope you're right that Kolb is now making the decisions. You're certainly right that "today's move doesn't look like anything that Smith did this year or last."

toad455

PostPosted: 03/22/19 4:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of now with us still taking Durr at #2 and Xu Han at #14.

PG: Hartley/#26 pick
SG: Durr/Rodgers/Johannes
SF: Nurse/Allen
PF: Charles/Zahui B/Raincock
C: Stokes/Xu Han

root_thing

PostPosted: 03/22/19 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
As of now with us still taking Durr at #2 and Xu Han at #14.

PG: Hartley/#26 pick
SG: Durr/Rodgers/Johannes
SF: Nurse/Allen
PF: Charles/Zahui B/Raincock
C: Stokes/Xu Han

I know what it looks like, but is this the best NY can do? Last season, NY dropped from 1st in rebounding percentage to 8th. They fell from 4th best in second chance points allowed to 11th. If you're not improving yourself at center, then it would be nice to get more rebounding at the SF position. Nurse has no history of ever being a good rebounder. And instead of having a quality big defensive guard, you turn Nurse into a lightweight defender at small forward. Meanwhile, Han is probably not going to help you much right away, assuming she's even available at #14. The mock drafts that supposedly have input from WNBA scouts show Han going in the 1st Round. So, you're really depending on Stokes and Zahui B at center. Stokes was likely playing hurt last season, which gives us some hope she can improve. However, her level of play was declining even before last year, and with the league's post players getting bigger, there is reason to believe her effectiveness will decline further. And on the offensive end, Kiah gives you very little. As far as Zahui goes, she just makes me uncomfortable. Amanda often looks like she's not rotating properly on defense, and on offense she likes to hoist up long jumpers early in the clock with no teammates under the basket waiting for rebounds. More generally, Zahui just feels like a turnover or foul waiting to happen.

I believe NY needs to focus on center and small forward in this draft. Yes, they need improvement on offense as well as defense. You're looking for the best combination of both. I like Durr, but I don't feel confident that she's this instant big scorer that a lot of people believe she is. If you're only concerned about offense, I actually think Ogunbowale is better. But really, you have to look at the team as a whole -- what benefits them the most on both ends of the court as well as how the pieces fit together.

PostPosted: 03/22/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stokes shouldn't have been re-signed. We should have gone after Karima Christmas at least. There weren't many SF available in free agency.

bluedevilaztecfan5

PostPosted: 03/22/19 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Hey, NY signed someone who wasn't in camp last year! Kolb has already expanded the new blood by 100%. Wink

Woohoo! 😂

What do y’all think of trading Boyd to the Wings for their 2nd round pick?

Then draft McCowan, Dillard, Leslie.

Hartley 5’8/Dillard 5’9
Rodgers 5’9/Johannès 5’10
Nurse 6’0/Allen 6’2/Leslie 6’0
Charles 6’4/Raincock-Ekunwe 6’2
McCowan 6’7/Zahui B 6’5/Stokes 6’3

I feel better with Nurse as SF if we have a rim protector and elite rebounder like Teaira.
Dillard’s turnovers are a concern, but that was the case early with Boyd too. We lose speed but gain another scorer and shooter, along with the passing ability.
Leslie is another 3pt threat who made all ACC defensive team (without eye popping steal or block stats) so I assume is decent defensively, though I’ll admit I have not seen her play.

Couple concerns with this lineup- who will step up as #2 scorer and maybe no ‘true’ point guard.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 03/22/19 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:

Woohoo! 😂

What do y’all think of trading Boyd to the Wings for their 2nd round pick?

Then draft McCowan, Dillard, Leslie.

Hartley 5’8/Dillard 5’9
Rodgers 5’9/Johannès 5’10
Nurse 6’0/Allen 6’2/Leslie 6’0
Charles 6’4/Raincock-Ekunwe 6’2
McCowan 6’7/Zahui B 6’5/Stokes 6’3

I feel better with Nurse as SF if we have a rim protector and elite rebounder like Teaira.
Dillard’s turnovers are a concern, but that was the case early with Boyd too. We lose speed but gain another scorer and shooter, along with the passing ability.
Leslie is another 3pt threat who made all ACC defensive team (without eye popping steal or block stats) so I assume is decent defensively, though I’ll admit I have not seen her play.

Couple concerns with this lineup- who will step up as #2 scorer and maybe no ‘true’ point guard.

Why when we could end up with jefferson? Whom id tab as being just a small bit better than boyd at this point in their careers. I like boyd though !

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 31 of 91

Jump to: