Team Parker
55%
 55%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 45

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/28/18 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Maya got the home court vote for MVP. should've been Quigley.

All Quigley did was score though.

Maya was near triple double with tie for high score for winning team, plus it’s her home court and she’s the best speech giver. Easy choice.

Maya took 17 shots to get 18 pt. I would of gone with Diggins who was 7 of 11 shots for 17 pts and had 8 assists. They went with Maya because she is from thehome team

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/18 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so sick of this league...The Referees,The Coaches,The commentators,The lack of quality promotion,The Bias towards certain teams and players......I don't know if I'll ever watch another WNBA game...I'm just fed up with the politics.

zune69

PostPosted: 07/28/18 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the way Brondello sat Skylar with an 11 point lead and 5 minutes left in the game.Then puts her back in when the lead gets cut to 3.....Skylar could've put up a 20 point Triple Double if it wasn't for Brondello.

Last edited by zune69 on 07/28/18 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 07/28/18 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I'm so sick of this league...The Referees,The Coaches,The commentators,The lack of quality promotion,The Bias towards certain teams and players......I don't know if I'll ever watch another WNBA game...I'm just fed up with the politics.

I agree with you on the lack of quality promotion. You know, nobody is going to take the WNBA seriously if they don’t act like a pro organization. So much of what they do promotion-wise is lifeless. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 07/28/18 7:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar should've won MVP

The 3 point contest was fun.Congrats to Allie for being a back 2 back champ.

I love Liz she's entertaining. It seem like her & CP are besties so Dallas how come a trade?

I was entertain by Kristi going off.

Renee wearing a Hayes jersey is the kinda petty Im here for lol.

jap

PostPosted: 07/28/18 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Skylar should've won MVP

The 3 point contest was fun.Congrats to Allie for being a back 2 back champ.

I love Liz she's entertaining. It seem like her & CP are besties so Dallas how come a trade?

We can give them Jantel and a first rounder (and more). Hollywood Liz plainly showed her bias for LA years ago before her rookie draft when she talked about her love for the Purple & Gold team colors.

Libra_Girl wrote:
I was entertain by Kristi going off.

Renee wearing a Hayes jersey is the kinda petty Im here for lol.

Kristi hurt her own MVP chances when she missed the little bunny that would have turned a -5 Team EDD deficit into a -3 deficit and set herself up for a possible game tying trey. The Lady formerly known as 'Lil Mopey still doesn't smile as much as you would like on court, but she seems more content these days.

PostPosted: 07/29/18 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
zune69 wrote:

I agree with you on the lack of quality promotion. You know, nobody is going to take the WNBA seriously if they don’t act like a pro organization. So much of what they do promotion-wise is lifeless. Crying or Very sad

I agree with you re the bias towards certain teams and players. DT and BG seem to get the most bias. It shows when they try to get those 2 out of the game. BG gets beat up under the basket(as does Cambage) but BG gets more fouls called against her. 1st DT gets ejected for falling and BG gets ejected for a phony flagret. Sick. A'ja also gets beat up under the basket and but she does get fouls in her favor. About to be turned off of the games mostly due to the ref's.

calbearman76

PostPosted: 07/29/18 2:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Cambage with the gimme dunk to finish the game.

So Griner and Cambage were both given wide open dunks and they went 1-2.

I am not a fan of All-Star games because they don't even try to play any defense, but this was particularly sad. No made free throws (0-2), and 3 total fouls. I can't imagine anyone watching this game and thinking, "these women really know how to play basketball."

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/29/18 4:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

I doubt that Diggins cares about this allstar mvp as much as you do. She plays heavy minutes for Dallas so let her chill and focus on the last part of the season.
I was glad that Stewie played in her chill modus in this game

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 07/29/18 5:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

I doubt that Diggins cares about this allstar mvp as much as you do.

Skylar had a very sarcastic smile on her face while she was being interviewed...I believe many WNBA players bite their tongues and put on a good face for the league...Skylar might not have cared as much as I did,but I believe deep down inside,she's a little ticked off.......And just for the record,I'm not upset at Maya or the Minnesota fans.

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/29/18 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So, as an avowed hater of all-star games, how can the league do what AFO suggests and make this a must-go event for fans?

First, putting it in Las Vegas is a start. Easy to get to, can be relatively cheap to stay, lots to do. (I don't get the talk about L.A. What advantage is gained by playing there as opposed to anywhere else? A little more local publicity for a week is all I can see ...)

Second, require each of the 22 players, both coaches and six other well-known figures (including Lisa Borders) to do two things:

1) Spend an hour on Thursday night at a dinner in a table for 10, with the other nine being fans selected by lottery. (When they buy a ticket, they indicate if they'll be in town Thursday -- if so, then they're in the lottery.)

2) Spend on hour Friday with two other of the 30 in a panel discussion for 100 people, also chosen by lottery. (When fans buy a ticket, they choose which panel they want the lottery for ...)

That puts the players/etc. in direct touch with 3,300 fans.

In addition, have other events for which the players are paid $1,000 to attend. They can go or not as they choose, but these are also paid for fans, with the money going to charity.

For example, a bowling tournament (golf takes too long); a visit to a boutique; a gym workout; a game of horse; etc. Some players will think "I can spend three hours and make $3,000" and go for it; others will pass, but it makes the players available.

Open up the practices, such as they are, for free, and mike the coaches and court so everyone can hear everything. (Fans in the arena for the game itself missed much of the fun of the game, which was the chatter and smiles.)

The game, of course, is a joke (not knowing which way the teams were going was a clue as to how seriously the players took it). The dunks were dumb, but I did like the three-point contest at halftime with no commercials. Maybe the most exciting part ...

But if the game is the culmination of 2 1/2 days of events where fans have an opportunity to interact with players, then maybe it does become a big deal. But thinking the game itself will attract a big crowd is a fantasy ... no player is going to try too hard because they might get hurt, no one cares who wins, and the best players don't always play.

So sell interaction with the players, which is what the fans want ...

PostPosted: 07/29/18 11:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:

I am not a fan of All-Star games because they don't even try to play any defense, but this was particularly sad. No made free throws (0-2), and 3 total fouls. I can't imagine anyone watching this game and thinking, "these women really know how to play basketball."

I turned it off after two minutes. If you like basketball, this is a total farce. I did come back at halftime to watch the three point contest. At least that was something showing real skill.

I agree with Clay that a weekend of fan related all star events might be more interesting for many. You could just do away with the pretense of playing basketball or make the 'game' itself into a more interesting format or just play 10 minutes of the farce and do other stuff with the remaining time. Instead of bringing full coaching staffs to the event, just have a lottery to choose fan coaches. I'm sure the real coaches would be just as happy to have the time off. Maybe in the days preceding, play a five minute three on three tournament with one of the three being a fan, or even two of the three. And with the finals played in the arena on game day. Ditto with a free throw shooting contest with the fan winner getting to choose his/her pro opponent (Alyssa Thomas might be there! Twisted Evil ). Give prizes. Autographed jerseys maybe. Along with Clay's suggestions, maybe a miniature golf tournament. Something less active for the senior fans like a bingo event. Anything where the fans get to interact with players.

- Amanda Gorman
SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/29/18 3:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just saying..when Shoni played in those two all star games..there was some entertainment to be had - at least for this game. They changed the format to even if she were still playing in the best shape of her life, it would be impossible to get back on.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/29/18 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious though if this were still East vs. West who from the East would've been an All-Star? Who from the West gets left out?

WEST
Diggins-Smith
Taurasi
Griner
Moore
Gray
Parker
Cambage
Stewart
McBride
Wilson
Fowles

OUT: Bird, Loyd, Augustus, N. Ogwumike, Bonner

EAST
Charles
McCoughtry
Quigley
Toliver
Delle Donne
C. Ogwumike

IN: Hayes, Vandersloot, DeShields, Dupree, C. Williams

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SDHoops

PostPosted: 07/29/18 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My takeaways from attending the game:

-Angel had no business being an All Star. Yes, she's turned it on but Hayes has been the true All Star of that team all season.

-The younger ones always seem to take it seriously.

-Diana Taurasi seems like she'll never take an ASG seriously enough to go for MVP or play half as hard as she can. It's disappointing because she seems like the perfect player to add some spice to such a game!

-Skylar was the MVP. No business giving it to Maya..what for, a few more extra cheers in the crowd?

-3 point contest was exciting!

-If the dunks are going to be given, why not someone we don't expect? Who remembers when Tweety got up and would've had a slam dunk if the ball went in?

ClayK

PostPosted: 07/29/18 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hated the dunks ... if you're 6-8 and can't throw it down with authority (or not throw it down at all), give it up. Cambage -- who was impressive with her athleticism and ball skills -- barely got it over the rim, and Griner couldn't even finish.

At least if they fail, it should be in the run of the game so there's an excuse. But when opponents back out of the way, and that's all you've got ...

Embarrassing, really ....

PostPosted: 07/29/18 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Hated the dunks ... if you're 6-8 and can't throw it down with authority (or not throw it down at all), give it up. Cambage -- who was impressive with her athleticism and ball skills -- barely got it over the rim, and Griner couldn't even finish.

At least if they fail, it should be in the run of the game so there's an excuse. But when opponents back out of the way, and that's all you've got ...

Embarrassing, really ....

I agree 100%. This league has come so far over the past 20+ years and Liz has been having a great year. That weak ass dunk was not called for. The woman's game is better than that dunk. It really is a problem to treat the dunk as if it's something special when these ladies have skills beyond that.

PostPosted: 07/29/18 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
-Angel had no business being an All Star. Yes, she's turned it on but Hayes has been the true All Star of that team all season.

What's the rationale behind saying that someone who is Top 20 in points, rebounds and steals (and Top 25 in assists) had "no business" being an All-Star? I mean, #HateHard approved, but god damn! The only other three players in the league who were Top 20 in those three categories were All-Stars as well (Stewart, Fowles, Bonner).

Why are you acting like Hayes is the only player on the Dream who has been playing at an All-Star level? She definitely should have gotten in, but not at McCoughtry's expense.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/29/18 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
SDHoops wrote:

What's the rationale behind saying that someone who is Top 20 in points, rebounds and steals (and Top 25 in assists) had "no business" being an All-Star? I mean, #HateHard approved, but god damn! The only other three players in the league who were Top 20 in those three categories were All-Stars as well (Stewart, Fowles, Bonner).

Why are you acting like Hayes is the only player on the Dream who has been playing at an All-Star level? She definitely should have gotten in, but not at McCoughtry's expense.

In a game featuring 22 players from 12 teams, it's unusual for the #2 team to be represented by only 1 player.

PostPosted: 07/29/18 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Agreed.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/29/18 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
In a game featuring 22 players from 12 teams, it's unusual for the #2 team to be represented by only 1 player.

I believe the Dream were the #7 team when All-Star voting ended though.

toad455

PostPosted: 07/29/18 8:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

Dream weren't exactly doing well a month ago, likely during the peak of voting.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/29/18 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I messed up badly with my fan voting for All-Star game, because I wasted almost all of my 10 votes per day on players who were guaranteed to make the All-Star game anyways, because the way the system works, fan vote matters more for choosing the last All-Stars than those All-Stars who will already make it in by getting all of the media/coaches/player votes, so blame me for voting for Breanna Stewart & Diana Taurasi every day for certain players not becoming All-Stars. 😭

pilight

PostPosted: 07/29/18 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

They were doing better than the Aces, who got two players in

Most people hate poetry
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 07/29/18 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

They were doing better than the Aces, who got two players in

Hayes missing a few games didn't help, plus we all know the Dream's success is due to them having the COY and the fact that Angel makes all of her teammates better. Smile At minimum, the Dream needed a super fan with a bunch of followers to tell everybody to vote for Hayes. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: