75%  [ 22 ]
Dream
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

bballgrl

PostPosted: 05/27/17 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
If it wasn't for a fluke game by Wiese Sparks would have 3 losses already Laughing Laughing

Look out blaase22 You are liable to hear ffrom Jap!

toad455

PostPosted: 05/27/17 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who would have thought the Dream would have a better record after 4 games than the Sparks?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/27/17 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
jap wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
If it wasn't for a fluke game by Wiese Sparks would have 3 losses already Laughing Laughing

All these bitter non-Spark fans. Syd says, "Hi, blaase!!! Hating much lately?" Laughing

Yes I'll always be bitter about that fake field goal by your beloved Nneka that gave them a title last year, bad Karma is real and it's coming. Very Happy

I'm pretty sure it was Maya missing a wide-open 3 followed by Brunson missing a FT followed by the Lynx not getting a stop followed by the Lynx leaving time on the clock for the Sparks to score a potential game-winning shot, which they ultimately did give up after not getting any rebounds off the first miss, that gave the Sparks the title, not anything the refs did.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 05/27/17 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 05/27/17 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This better not be like last year where seemingly every team proved to be capable of beating the Sparks, except the Lynx. 😭

RP

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6.8 seconds is enough to foul and get down court on a made or missed free throw. Kristi Toliver hit a buzzer-beater against Tulsa several years ago in nearly that exact situation. I say make the free throw, foul, and bring Williams and Wiese into the game with a chance to win or tie.

justintyme

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:
6.8 seconds is enough to foul and get down court on a made or missed free throw. Kristi Toliver hit a buzzer-beater against Tulsa several years ago in nearly that exact situation. I say make the free throw, foul, and bring Williams and Wiese into the game with a chance to win or tie.

That's with Toliver though. I wouldn't trust any player on the current Sparks team to make an offbalanced hurried buzzer beater under those circumstances.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Why miss the ft with 6 seconds remaining. Still time to foul and go for the 3 if they hit both FT's

LA were out of timeouts, so they wouldn't have been able to advance the ball after fouling. I thought it was a reasonable call to miss the third one on purpose.

Yes, that was the right play IMO.

They just came out of a timeout/replay pause so I'm sure Agler drew it up.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RP wrote:

I thought it totally weird to have Essence hoisting a three there towards the end. There should have been some offense/defense switches.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
jap wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

All these bitter non-Spark fans. Syd says, "Hi, blaase!!! Hating much lately?" Laughing

Yes I'll always be bitter about that fake field goal by your beloved Nneka that gave them a title last year, bad Karma is real and it's coming. Very Happy

but everybody conveniently forgets the bad call in the previous game that gave that one to the Lynx....

- Amanda Gorman
jap

PostPosted: 05/27/17 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
blaase22 wrote:
jap wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

but everybody conveniently forgets the bad call in the previous game that gave that one to the Lynx....

Selective retention.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And how about this, who would have thought Clarendon would become a top PG in this league?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
jap

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
And how about this, who would have thought Clarendon would become a top PG in this league?

Why not? She is a very smart player with a sweet midrange game. She is learning to adjust for the WNBA speed and savvy-ness. I liked her very much at the collegiate level, and she has come along very nicely in the pros.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Defense won this game for Atlanta. They were so disruptive and turned that into points. For those of you already ready to get rid of Angel, no. They still need her. To win the title in this league, you need at least two superstars on your team. Atlanta can't win with Hayes alone unless they get a franchise player through the draft. Plus Angel's defense is good which we will need once Sancho retires.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Why not? She is a very smart player with a sweet midrange game. She is learning to adjust for the WNBA speed and savvy-ness. I liked her very much at the collegiate level, and she has come along very nicely in the pros.

I've loved Layshia since she was with Indiana and I still smile to see her blossom in Atlanta. 12 assists and 3 steals and only 2 TOS. That's awesome!!

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/27/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Why miss the ft with 6 seconds remaining. Still time to foul and go for the 3 if they hit both FT's

LA were out of timeouts, so they wouldn't have been able to advance the ball after fouling. I thought it was a reasonable call to miss the third one on purpose.

Yes, that was the right play IMO.

Likewise- with LA's posts, I thought that was very clever.

PostPosted: 05/27/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
How did Hayes fall to the 2nd round in the draft back in 2012?

I think people kinda thought she was a product of the UConn machine, and weren't sure if she'd translate. I hadn't seen her play much in college, and remember seeing her stats pre-draft and asking people who had why she wasn't ranked higher. A player from a good team shooting basically 50/40/80 percentages on a decent number of attempts, being ranked as low as she was in a crappy draft class, never made much sense to me.

Hayes was sort of a victim of her placement in UConn history as well as being one of those players who some people just don't like. In her early years she was over-shadowed by Moore, and playing a similar position to the best player on the team means less attention and less need to score or be the hero. Then her senior year she was sort of the only one left from that previous great Uconn generation and the new team was just up and coming so her stats were seen more as her being a ball hog in a down year for the Huskies, as opposed to stepping up in the absence of the great players who graduated. Also because of her aggressive, dramatic style some people simply didn't like her and it is hard to over come that image, or not have that image color your accomplishments.

The same sort of thing happened in Atlanta playing with Angel, I love Angel and I though Hayes was a great side kick for her, but in the side kick role she was never get too much credit for any Dream success, and some of her success may have been written off (fair or not) to McCoughtry getting the lion's share of attention on the defensive end allowing Hayes to prosper.

Personally I've always like Hayes, and while I wouldn't claim that I thought she would be a star, I knew she would have a decent career in the W. I'm pretty sure NY passed on her at #13 that year for someone who is long gone, and I wasn't happy about it.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/28/17 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where were we? Oh yes, the Sparks NEVER win in Atlanta.

Most people hate poetry
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/28/17 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players taken before Hayes in 2012
N. Ogwumike, S. Stricklen, D. Peters, G. Johnson, S. Johnson, S. Prahalis, K. Cain, N. Novosel, A. Dabo, L. Barrett, S. Goodlett, D. Dantas, F. Abdi

Hayes has easily had the second best career in the league, but that draft is even weirder besides maybe G. Johnson the next best players are 2nd rounder R. Williams and third rounder L. Kizer. another late 2nd rounder K. Hampton is better than most on the list above not to mention the forgettable players taken before her in the 2nd round, and V. Baugh from the 3rd round has done better than a lot of the above her in the draft as well.

NY took K. Cain at #7 that year instead of Hayes which was the Liberty pick du jour from the cellar dwellers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: