Board Junkies Forums

Phoenix Mercury 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miller40

PostPosted: 10/06/16 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Mistie Bass ‏@A_Phoenix_Born Oct 4
It's crazy I'm leaving Phoenix knowing I won't return in the same capacity! Wow how three years flies by! Thank you X-factor for the 💜

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/06/16 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I think January could work in PX

Bone and #5 for January? With Catch leaving it might time for Indy to go into rebuilding mode, there will be some good guards still on the board at #5, Scaife at #5 to join Mitchell seems like pretty interesting back-court for Indy in the future.

January, joining DT, Bonner and Griner would keep PX in the mix, January brings that hard nosed attitude that PX seems to lack.

This is highway robbery.January is fearless,a beast defender,and clutch playoff performer.January also has a successful playoff history against minnesota.Phoenix would make this trade is a second.

Really? I must really be missing something with January for that trade to be highway robbery for Phoenix.

Bone is out of shape,a bad defender and a lockerroom malcontent.If Deshields does not declare for the wnba draft,the 5th pick will be a fringe wnba player at best.Getting January would give phoenix a ball handler,driver,great on ball defender,team defender and great 3pt shooter(40% last 5 seasons).Briann is experienced and battle tested,just ask L.Whalen.Acquiring January would lessen the load on Taurasi.

Briann January is a difference maker,Kelsey Bone is not.If you gave wnba GM's a choice of January or Bone plus the #5 pick,I believe every GM would take January.

Man, I'm really underestimating her then. I think she's solid defensively with a a good IQ, but I've never seen a difference maker.

PostPosted: 10/06/16 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
I think January could work in PX

Bone and #5 for January? With Catch leaving it might time for Indy to go into rebuilding mode, there will be some good guards still on the board at #5, Scaife at #5 to join Mitchell seems like pretty interesting back-court for Indy in the future.

January, joining DT, Bonner and Griner would keep PX in the mix, January brings that hard nosed attitude that PX seems to lack.

This is highway robbery.January is fearless,a beast defender,and clutch playoff performer.January also has a successful playoff history against minnesota.Phoenix would make this trade is a second.

Really? I must really be missing something with January for that trade to be highway robbery for Phoenix.

Bone is out of shape,a bad defender and a lockerroom malcontent.If Deshields does not declare for the wnba draft,the 5th pick will be a fringe wnba player at best.Getting January would give phoenix a ball handler,driver,great on ball defender,team defender and great 3pt shooter(40% last 5 seasons).Briann is experienced and battle tested,just ask L.Whalen.Acquiring January would lessen the load on Taurasi.

Briann January is a difference maker,Kelsey Bone is not.If you gave wnba GM's a choice of January or Bone plus the #5 pick,I believe every GM would take January.

It seem to you that every post player that is not tall and thin, is out of shape. SMH

braveniler58

PostPosted: 10/11/16 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love January. We haven't had a legit starting caliber point guard in a while.

If Dee is right about our interior, then it might also be a good time to trade Dupree (no way will Greiner be traded). Not sure if what we get back would be worth it though.

PostPosted: 10/11/16 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:

It seem to you that every post player that is not tall and thin, is out of shape. SMH

Most mercury fans would agree with me.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 10/13/16 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercury and Brondello agree to new multi-year deal

caune

PostPosted: 10/13/16 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bone is or technically will be a free agent, right? Isn't this past season the last of her rookie contract? So the mercury have to sign her before they could trade her.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Bone is or technically will be a free agent, right? Isn't this past season the last of her rookie contract? So the mercury have to sign her before they could trade her.

A restricted free agent, yes. So you can match any deal she signs with someone else and keep her. Trades of players in that situation are usually sign-and-trade deals, because if you match an offer from another team you can't trade the player for a year without her consent.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Firstly, congrats to Sandy on the new contract.
I was wondering which direction the franchise was going to go on that one. They didn't leave us guessing for very long.

Richyyy wrote:
caune wrote:

A restricted free agent, yes. So you can match any deal she signs with someone else and keep her. Trades of players in that situation are usually sign-and-trade deals, because if you match an offer from another team you can't trade the player for a year without her consent.

Bone did a great job of minimising her value this season. (which I assume still equates to a max deal, right? ... such is the salary structure of this league atm)

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Bone did a great job of minimising her value this season. (which I assume still equates to a max deal, right? ... such is the salary structure of this league atm)

I would assume someone still throws the full boat at her, yes. I mean, Peters, Kizer and Henry-freaking-Morello got paid last offseason. If you're 6-5ish and can walk and chew gum at the same time, someone'll probably pay you. Never mind someone who went to an All-Star game 18 months ago.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I would assume someone still throws the full boat at her, yes. I mean, Peters, Kizer and Henry-freaking-Morello got paid last offseason. If you're 6-5ish and can walk and chew gum at the same time, someone'll probably pay you. Never mind someone who went to an All-Star game 18 months ago.

I wouldnt mind if the Storm would throw some money at her. Not max but something decent.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 10/14/16 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt PX just let Bone's walk, and because of her size, having been an all-star, and still being in the first half of her career someone is going to be willing to pay her, so Bone seems like a perfect candidate for a sign and trade deal.

I would say even coming off a poor season PX can get something for her. If Sims is too much I can't imagine Dallas not being willing to offer the #10 pick (I doubt Dallas gives up #3, but #10 when you also have #11 for a player like Bone who could still possibly start in Dallas seems like an easy move to make). If I'm PX do I take the #10 pick? Maybe, if I can't get anything better.

So would Seattle be willing to up the ante and offer the #6 pick? If I'm Seattle I would consider it, if you think Bone could be that big center, she might even start in Seattle with a nice compliment in K. Thomas off the bench if you want to play offense/defense at the position.

SA is another place that might look into Bone (especially with Appel retiring) so what could SA offer that might out bid Dallas or Seattle? D-Rob? Seems a little high, but coming off an injury it is not impossible to imagine, if we consider an imaginary bidding war, (which might be imaginary) but SA doesn't have anything in that less than D-Rob but more than Say A. Montgomery or S. Colson. Would PX take Colson for Bone? maybe, but there would probably be someone else willing to offer more is my point.

So I think Dallas, SA and Seattle might all be interested enough in Bone to garner a sign and trade, and maybe even up Bone's trade value, beyond her perceived value based on this last season.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/14/16 6:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bear in mind that for a sign-and-trade, the player has to actually want to go to the destination. Bone's already forced her way out of one promising young team that was losing a lot. Who knows whether she'd want to go to a young team that are still working on a rebuilding project.

No idea whether she was happier barely playing in Phoenix than she was as a starter in a situation she apparently didn't like in Connecticut. And Phoenix already have Taylor and probably Bass coming off their cap, after dumping Quinn and Currie's contracts earlier in the year. If they think she can be more than Griner's backup, maybe they just pay her themselves.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 7:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of my assumption is that she would probably want to start, but I have no idea if that is true.

I was also kind of thinking PX couldn't afford her but with all the turnover that won't be true this upcoming season, so yeah they could just pay her.

Serious question, not trying to make a point, did they ever play Bone and Griner together? And did it work if they did?

For destinations I figured Seattle is up and coming so it might have some appeal, and since she played at Texas A&M I decided she liked or had a connection to Texas, again pure speculation but that is why besides need I included those teams. I actually really like her in Dallas for some reason, her and Paris splitting the center spot seem like a workable combo. Dallas simply needs someone who can put all their talented pieces together. Dallas could be the new bad girls of the league if they could make it work.

Wiseone1

PostPosted: 10/14/16 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

They deserved it. Kizer stepped up big time. Last season when Larkins was out and this season during Coleman's slump period.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/15/16 5:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wiseone1 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

They deserved it. Kizer stepped up big time. Last season when Larkins was out and this season during Coleman's slump period.

Kizer yes. Peters and Henry havent done anything..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Angus24

PostPosted: 10/20/16 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I assume the Tankers will tank and since they have #5 already they could do a lot of rebuilding without trading anybody. I doubt SAS will trade DRob unless they were offered the best PF in the league and I don't see that happening.

Tally24

PostPosted: 10/22/16 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not sure we need DRob, I like Xargay at the point, and would like to see what she could do in a full season as a starter. I'd much rather shop around for a 4. It's too bad Bone didn't come with a receipt, it would be nice to return her to the Sun in exchange for Tuck or even Little. I guess it's possible that Dupree could have a bounce back year, but I'm not so sure.
Shades

PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
I assume the Tankers will tank and since they have #5 already they could do a lot of rebuilding without trading anybody. I doubt SAS will trade DRob unless they were offered the best PF in the league and I don't see that happening.

The expert at tanking recently took over as the President of the Sun. That's something to keep an eye on with Mitchell and Wilson graduating in the next couple of years. But it's kind of hard to accuse the Sun of tanking when they're bad enough to be in the lottery as it is.

caune

PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

#5 in the next draft isn;t enough to rebuild much of anything.

PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

The expert at tanking recently took over as the President of the Sun. That's something to keep an eye on with Mitchell and Wilson graduating in the next couple of years. But it's kind of hard to accuse the Sun of tanking when they're bad enough to be in the lottery as it is.

I'm sure she'd love the promotion but Amber is the Vice President for the Sun and the Black Wolves Wink

PostPosted: 10/22/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

#5 in the next draft isn't enough to rebuild much of anything.

It could be if you get some early declarers.

SCook

PostPosted: 10/22/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I say, Phoenix should go for Leilani Mitchell if they can't trade for Sims. They do need a backup center that is happy with coming in after BG. It's not realistic to only rely on DT as a play maker, she needs help with PT gone

PostPosted: 10/24/16 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since Alba Torrens was mentioned in the Minny thread. DT (who plays with Torrens over seas) should try to convince her to join Spanish National teammate Xargay in PX. The #5 pick for the rights to Torrens would be a realistic trade IMO, and Torrens could take the Taylor role.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/16 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Torrens has continually said 'no' to the w. Not sure why she would change her mind now.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 4 of 19

Jump to: