PostPosted: 09/25/16 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If the Sky continue to shoot 85% for the game, they will win

Damn. You ARE Psychic. Shocked Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 09/25/16 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
I would like to know the 11 people who voted for Chicago this game. Laughing

I did. Just didn't think Angel would have another super game. But she did have and surprisingly enough Chicago managed to win anyway. They needed everybody to contribute and they got it. Chicago playing like this is a fun team to watch. But I think LA beats them next round.

I see no praise of Tamera. Rolling Eyes Hmmmm. Razz Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

I did. Just didn't think Angel would have another super game. But she did have and surprisingly enough Chicago managed to win anyway. They needed everybody to contribute and they got it. Chicago playing like this is a fun team to watch. But I think LA beats them next round.

She will never give Young any props. Young could walk on water right in front of her and she will find something negative to say. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think a box and one was a good defense for Atlanta to use against Chicago. Cappie Pondexter isn't a superstar anymore and Atlanta is as athletic as Chicago.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

I was going to say the same thing! She was phenomenal on both ends of the court yesterday. Great D on Angel, hitting the mid-range like Seimone.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/26/16 8:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

She will never give Young any props. Young could walk on water right in front of her and she will find something negative to say. Laughing

"Tamera Young can't swim!"

PostPosted: 09/26/16 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Young is a subset of everybody. So is Boyette. Team win. If anybody deserved individual praise, it'd have to be Sloot and Breland foremost.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/16 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always been a young fan.Rebkell likes to clown me when I point out how much of a underrated asset Young truly is.Chicago is one of the four most talented teams in the league and should have won 20+ games

zune69 wrote:
Young's defense helped Chicago get to the finals last year.Pokey decided to play Breland at SF over Young,and it back fired.

zune69 wrote:
Oh well......I said before the season started that Young should be the starting SF because she is better suited to guard the SF position.Indiana's small forwards killed Chicago.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 9:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Young has been with CHI about 8 years now and is nearly 30 years old. I guess the moral of the story is if you can put up with mediocrity from a player for long enough, maybe it'll pay dividends when your star player goes down.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I've always been a young fan.Rebkell likes to clown me when I point out how much of a underrated asset Young truly is.

I've always wanted to be a young fan, but unfortunately the calendar keeps moving along.... Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/16 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Unfair! Look back and I mentioned her as the MVP!!! Very Happy So ok, it was a bit tongue in cheek but she did contribute a lot. So did the whole team. If the girl could actually make her mid range shots on a regular basis, she could be a stud.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

Unfair! Look back and I mentioned her as the MVP!!! Very Happy So ok, it was a bit tongue in cheek but she did contribute a lot. So did the whole team. If the girl could actually make her mid range shots on a regular basis, she could be a stud.

If you had to choose between Tamera Young and Alyssa Thomas to start a WNBA club, who would it be and why? Very Happy

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/16 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alyssa in a heartbeat. But can I have Maya, Nneka, or Tina instead?

why: She's a lot younger and still has some upside. I think she is also a better finisher around the basket.

- Amanda Gorman
RavenDog

PostPosted: 09/26/16 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Never expected this...

Wow!

miller40

PostPosted: 09/26/16 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
I've always been a young fan.Rebkell likes to clown me when I point out how much of a underrated asset Young truly is.

I've always wanted to be a young fan, but unfortunately the calendar keeps moving along.... Wink

Laughing dtsnms bringing the Dad Jokes to the thread.

I'm not a big TY fan, but she had a great game. It's impressive to see everyone on the Sky elevate their game with EDD out. They don't match up well with LA, but I hope they can give it a real go and pull out some wins for the East.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I was Pokey, I might be a little nervous bringing Delle Donne back into the fray. Doesn't that just bring them back to their star vehicle style of play that made them a .500 team? Or will Delle Donne play differently now that MVP is no longer in play?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If I was Pokey, I might be a little nervous bringing Delle Donne back into the fray. Doesn't that just bring them back to their star vehicle style of play that made them a .500 team? Or will Delle Donne play differently now that MVP is no longer in play?

F****** comment is not worth talking about.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/16 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the question is more if Pokey is going to make the team play different when EDD gets back. The ball movement that they had in this game could still be there with EDD in the game. They just have to cut down on those iso's for EDD on the perimeter. Give her some more easy looks in the post and play inside out with Sloot and Cappie on the wings for the jumper and 3pointer. Or have some more pick&rolls with EDD and Sloot with both of them being a danger from the outside and driving to the basket

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/26/16 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I think the question is more if Pokey is going to make the team play different when EDD gets back. The ball movement that they had in this game could still be there with EDD in the game. They just have to cut down on those iso's for EDD on the perimeter. Give her some more easy looks in the post and play inside out with Sloot and Cappie on the wings for the jumper and 3pointer. Or have some more pick&rolls with EDD and Sloot with both of them being a danger from the outside and driving to the basket

Michelle89, I vote you take over the team next year. A very intelligent comment. Just passing the ball to EDD on the 3 point line will not make your team offense better. EDD's strength and the teams offense would be better is to develop plays driving to the basket. An opposing team either has to foul or let her go for two.

I would love to see team stats, how the teams does, when she hits 8 or more free throws in a games

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/26/16 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

My whole body hurts from laughing so hard! Laughing There is an old song by Parliament where they sing the chorus never learned to swim.

PostPosted: 09/26/16 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
pilight wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
myrtle wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

My whole body hurts from laughing so hard! Laughing There is an old song by Parliament where they sing the chorus never learned to swim.

A Westside Connection reference and an Aqua Boogie reference on consecutive days. I like it Cool
Tamera can dance underwater and not get wet, but history says she still can't be relied on to hit an open jump shot so I too am sceptical about how long this hot streak is gonna last.

But without EDD I fully expected Chicago not to reach the semi finals and TY has been a significant part of why they did, so credit where it's due. Sky have won 3 of their last 4 games, and the loss was the one game that TY had a sub-.500 FG% Wink

PostPosted: 09/27/16 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
Shades wrote:

You're right, but just ignore it next time.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/27/16 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
Shades wrote:

You're right, but just ignore it next time.

Embarassed I agree with you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: