Pondexter to NY?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/28/10 11:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mb1 wrote:
After 21 pages, it sums up something like this:

Cappie will go to NY.

PHX will get something good in return and some cap space.

Another team (besides PHX and NY) is involved.

Other players involved MAY be Christon, Dupree, Beard, Mazzante, Oldhe, 2010 or 2011 draft picks.

Chicago or Washington may be the third team involved.

CB has good info and discloses just enough to keep sources and Rebkellians fairly happy.

Some posters get too worked up. Others make good sense and have good info/sources (i.e. richy and caune).

I keep telling all that Alana isn't involve in this deal and CB last post agreed. Caune doesn't have a good source on this one if the source is saying Alana is involve in this deal.

I think Kristi Toliver might be another piece involve in this deal going to the Liberty or Mercury that's why the Sky is looking at Prince at #4 in the draft.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
Ok, now that I've finished movie night, I can get back to this. Laughing
Let's say Phoenix threatened NY with Chicago's offer (again, all conjecture at this point for all purposes). I would call it. Seriously, let them work something out if they must because:
1. two of their star players made it clear they do not want to stay with their current franchises and made their preferred destination known (and neither was Chicago or Phoenix),
2. I'm in no hurry to do anything, worst case scenario I have everyone signed for this season, I'm under the cap, I have some wiggling room if I choose to do anything. If I suck, there's the M Train in the end of the tunnel.
So by that logic BOTH Phoenix and Chicago were weakened in their bargaining positions and NY would be stupid to give in to any pressure because, and I don't know how many times this will have to be repeated here, THEY need to hurry, not NY. Chicago is pretty much screwed in every department, Phoenix is coming from a successful season and is a healthy franchise, but why would Cappie be unhappy there with all that going for them? Doesn't that raise a red flag on either the franchise or the player?
So if anything, NY caved in to demands that had no business being made, they gave Phoenix and Chicago whatever leverage they wanted (and this was the best definition I saw thrown around).
If you want to be successful, pros/cons analysis is a very basic thing to do. They didn't do it or they would have found that trading away a building block doesn't make a franchise better.
You are basically just adding more pressure to a franchise already under the microscope.
In short, if Christon (and more people) are involved in deals, the long term goals of the franchise were compromised.
You'd think Isiah Thomas hijacked the Liberty. I mean, Blaze wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed to begin with, but this past couple of years she's been riding the short bus.

THANK YOU. Because, seriously, the last two deals make it seem like Blaze is deeply invested in the health of the league by resolving everyone else's fucking problems but our own. If this goes down, that'll be the fourth and fifth franchises that the Liberty have helped while fucking up our own, or at best not making ours better.

How many tickets did Shameka bust her ass to sell for this team? How many people did she personally call (and at least in one case, call again until she actually got them instead of just leaving a voicemail and on to the next, who cares, just another name on the list)? And now because two other players want out of their current situations, she gets to be shipped off to make THEIR lives easier? Why? Fuck Over A Veteran, full stop.

And whoever we get out of this mess, if Pondexter asked for a specific team- be careful what you wish for. There are, what, two Liberty veterans who have left the team with no known or suspected animosity between them and the FFO? As compared to an entire rotation's worth of people who wouldn't spit on Blaze if she were on fire? Come to New York and get comfortable... and then get stepped on like dog shit, get lied to, get thrown under the M4, and get forgotten.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

...insofar as the Mystics not being involved.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

Okay...so then that means I can eliminate Toliver as a possible Lib acquisition I guess?

Can you give us just a little hint? I promise I won't tell... Wink

caune

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

Damn, I was hoping for it just to hear someones head explode in Washington Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

where does ad come into this conversation? does anyone think that blaze is conferring with her old friend as to strategic needs of the team, to make them successful, or is blaze basically just a loose cannon when it comes to deals? did she ever consult with patty before making decisions?

if blaze pulls some sort of deal that weakens the team will her old pal stick around? ad likes total control, so i'm really a little surprised she signed on without it, unless she had some sort of verbal guarantee that she'd have input into any trades.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My big thing with Pondexter is she has that freaking tatoo on her arm. She sure has heck better make it a freaking priority to play in the WNBA.

This whole thing is a little weird, but I guess the fact of the matter is, this league is unprecedented in terms of women's athletics, and the strategy and business of it just will not be the same as other leagues.

I don't know any other professional sports league that has the visibility the WNBA does that requires you to supplement your income - well, I shouldn't say requires, considering they all have livable salaries, but the timing of the season and nature of professional sports encourages making more money and living a certain way.

I'm ready for the deal just to be done so we can all move forward.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

Okay...so then that means I can eliminate Toliver as a possible Lib acquisition I guess?

Last I checked Toliver was on Chicago's books, so still a theoretical possibility. Jeez, how long is this thread going to get if they don't announce anything until draft day and the full details haven't leaked by then? Laughing

braveniler58

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What, so Phoenix is trading Tangela as well? Crying or Very sad

I wish Cappie and Tangela the best.

Who are we getting? Confused Fowles? Very Happy

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:

Not sure much of anything can be ruled out. A third of the league and who knows how many players may be involved. That's going to be one fascinating conference call just reading off all the components...

CB

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

Thank you.

I meant 2 things: All I knew of was 3 teams involved, and Washington was not one of the three. My early post of a 4-way trade and which teams were involved was not inside info, this trade talk had not even heated up at that point.

p_d_swanson wrote:
LibWNBAFan wrote:

Not sure much of anything can be ruled out. A third of the league and who knows how many players may be involved. That's going to be one fascinating conference call just reading off all the components...

Wow. Surprised

Okayyy definitely alot more going on than I am privy to. Laughing

So it is 4 teams as 1/3 of the league? Laughing This is interesting.

Last edited by CB on 03/28/10 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mb1

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
p_d_swanson wrote:
CB wrote:
Guru is correct.

Damn, I was hoping for it just to hear someones head explode in Washington Laughing

x______________x

LONG LIVE THE WNBA!
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/28/10 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Tulsa somehow is involved, I wonder if this is the ticket to get Deanna Nolan back into the league for this season or to move Cheryl Ford.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cappie tweeted I got that news. Beard said 4 times I have to see you this year. The problem is Wash plays Chicago four times not New York.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If the GMs in the league get to work on some blockbuster deal that involves everyone under the sun, I may as well get to throw up my ideal, just for fun.

Phoenix Gets - Dupree, Powell
Phoenix Gives - Pondexter, Ohlde, Mazzante
Phoenix Core Roster - TJ, Diana, Powell, Taylor, Dupree, Tan, Bonner

New York Gets - Pondexter, Nolan, Ford
New York Gives - Christon, Kraayeveld, Powell, 2011 First Rounder
New York Core Roster - Moore, Pondexter, Nolan, Ford, McCarville

Chicago Gets - Christon, Kraayeveld
Chicago Gives - Dupree, Toliver, 2010 Second Rounder
Chicago Core Roster - Canty, Perkins, Christon, Kraay, Fowles, Paris

Tulsa Gets - 2010 2nd Rounder, 2011 1st Rounder, Ohlde, Toliver, Mazz
Tulsa Gives - Nolan, Ford
Tulsa Core Roster - Toliver, Zellous, Hornbuckle, Pierson, Ohlde, Braxton

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
Cappie tweeted I got that news. Beard said 4 times I have to see you this year. The problem is Wash plays Chicago four times not New York.

They play NY five times

21 May
12 June
15 July
6 August
20 August

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:

They play NY five times

21 May
12 June
15 July
6 August
20 August

Beat me to it.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Beard doesn't realize the Styx play the Lib 5x instead of 4.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 03/28/10 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:

They play NY five times

21 May
12 June
15 July
6 August
20 August

What about May 5 (pre season) and Aug 20

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 03/28/10 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibWNBAFan wrote:
Maybe Beard doesn't realize the Styx play the Lib 5x instead of 4.

I remember Alana counting the wrong number of games against the Libs last season. Laughing

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
My big thing with Pondexter is she has that freaking tatoo on her arm. She sure has heck better make it a freaking priority to play in the WNBA.

Wait, wasn't she looking into tattoo removal? Maybe it was symbolic of her shifting priorities?

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:

Wait, wasn't she looking into tattoo removal? Maybe it was symbolic of her shifting priorities?

Yep, she was looking for info on getting the bigger tattoos removed, which included the Wnba one.

DTP

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Usually teams in the same conference play each other four times so I'm sure that's why Beard said that...I'm sure she didn't go through any schedules and count individually the times Washington plays New York or Chicago. It was more of a damn, your in my conference now type of thing and I have to see you 4 times instead of 2.

I definitely agree that some people need to grow up. Going to a player's personal page to harass them because their favorite player is getting traded for them is just completely ridiculous imo. If I was ever a professional athlete, I definitely would keep all of my things like myspace, facebook, twitter and whatever else it is private...just because of idiot fans like whoever that was. This is a freakin business, its professional sports...players are going to do what's best for them, teams will do the same, and people need to freakin live with it. If you can't accept it, don't watch/support professional sports.

As for the upset Liberty fans...umm newsflash, to get a little you have to receive a little....unless of course your the Detroit Shock and SFO is your GM but those days are no longer. Christon is a great player...is a nice All-Star...BUT Cappie is a superstar and will give NY some things Christon can't offensively. For the longest NY has been needing a guard who can create their own shot...hmm Cappie is that. She significantly upgrades their backcourt offensively, which has held them back the last few years imo. Lets remember, you also have Nicole Powell who isn't no scrub herself, so even though you lose Christon...I'll take a combination of Pondexter and Powell over Christon any day. Some of you are whining that NY could have dealt Powell over Christon...I'm pretty sure NY tried that option first and the other teams wouldn't take it. Once again, have to give to receive.... Sure she was probably nice to fans, a fan favorite, and all that good stuff but still...as a General Manager you make moves to improve your team, to give your team the best chance to win. I have no problem with her shipping off the "face of the franchise" to get better. Cappie will be the new face of the franchise.

NY was absolutely horrible last season...and for the longest you guys have been crying for Blaze to do something, and no she finally does and you guys bitch and whine some more. Like CB said...the woman can never win. I'm very interested to see how this deal will work out, hopefully it'll be completed very soon....like tomorrow!

Last edited by DTP on 03/28/10 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
BCBG25

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
NY was absolutely horrible last season...and for the longest you guys have been crying for Blaze to do something, and no she finally does and you guys bitch and whine some more. Like CB said...the woman can never win. I'm very interested to see how this deal will work out, hopefully it'll be completed very soon....like tomorrow!

What do you know about how Blaze does things, dude? How long have you been around? Give me a fucking break, I don't need to be lectured on how to see things for MY team. Would I want her to do something? Especially after the fucking mess that was the last 2 times she tried to do something?
NO. Stand still. Worst case scenario, there's a high draft pick, which is all I wish she had done last year. If you're gonna do something, be smart about it. Just because she needed to make this team better, doesn't mean she can do any shitty trade that comes her way. I'm not gonna settle for "anything".
Now go back to your corner.

PostPosted: 03/28/10 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BCBG25 wrote:
DTP wrote:

What do you know about how Blaze does things, dude? How long have you been around? Give me a fucking break, I don't need to be lectured on how to see things for MY team. Would I want her to do something? Especially after the fucking mess that was the last 2 times she tried to do something?
NO. Stand still. Worst case scenario, there's a high draft pick, which is all I wish she had done last year. If you're gonna do something, be smart about it. Just because she needed to make this team better, doesn't mean she can do any shitty trade that comes her way. I'm not gonna settle for "anything".
Now go back to your corner.

I honestly don't give a damn about what she's done in the past, its about what she's doing now. Sure she's made some damn mistakes...what GM hasn't? But she's trying to fix shit and you can't possible tell me that adding Cappie to that damn team isn't helping to fix shit there.

Sure you could suck again for another season and get a high pick, but that high pick isn't guaranteed to be the number one pick no matter how pathetic the damn record is. Its still a fuckin lotto that's involved. So you seriously going to turn down the chance to get a superstar like Cappie to have to wish and hope you get the #1 pick next season to get Moore? I can bet no other player in that draft will make a better impact on this team besides Moore.

You don't even completely know the fuckin deal but yet you guys are whining about it...omg this is so stupid, we're actually getting a really good player...whine, whine, whine! grow the hell up and put your damn big person pants on for once.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 26 of 30

Jump to: