RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2019 WNBA Mock Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/04/19 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You know it’s a bad year for PG’s if Kea is proclaimed the best PG. Glad my team isn’t all that in the market for a rookie PG, and if they were it’d probably be Bell.

I’d recommend Natisha Hiedeman of Marquette over Kea, although who knows how either would translate to the next level.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 01/04/19 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
ClayK

PostPosted: 01/04/19 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I still think Kea is the top PG in this draft despite being slowed by injuries. She is probably the best athlete, best scorer, and best defender. Statistically, Paris is not as good in the assists and TO department, although that may be due to supporting cast or style of play. From what I've seen, she has good vision and passing ability. I was not able to watch last night's game. Kea fouled out and Durr only shot 3-13. Was Paris guarding Asia?

I agree that Paris Kea is probably the most under-rated and could very well be the best PG. I'm intrigued by her possibilities.

So I checked -- Paris Kea is the third-leading scorer on a 9-6 team. She shoots 40.6% overall and 27.7% from three. She has 39 assists and 23 turnovers in 12 games, an unremarkable 1.5 A/TO.

So unless she's a demon defender (listed at 5-9 so probably 5-7), I don't see where she fits in the W.

PostPosted: 01/04/19 5:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
myrtle wrote:
root_thing wrote:

I still think Kea is the top PG in this draft despite being slowed by injuries. She is probably the best athlete, best scorer, and best defender. Statistically, Paris is not as good in the assists and TO department, although that may be due to supporting cast or style of play. From what I've seen, she has good vision and passing ability. I was not able to watch last night's game. Kea fouled out and Durr only shot 3-13. Was Paris guarding Asia?

I agree that Paris Kea is probably the most under-rated and could very well be the best PG. I'm intrigued by her possibilities.

So I checked -- Paris Kea is the third-leading scorer on a 9-6 team. She shoots 40.6% overall and 27.7% from three. She has 39 assists and 23 turnovers in 12 games, an unremarkable 1.5 A/TO.

So unless she's a demon defender (listed at 5-9 so probably 5-7), I don't see where she fits in the W.

The season is far from over. As I've mentioned before, Kea has been slowed by injuries. And she had similar numbers at this time last season. By year-end, she was shooting 46.7% and 40.5% 3Pt. Have you actually watched her play? You're the guy who put up a thread saying it isn't necessary to watch people play -- just look up statistics. I disagree. Agler and Laimbeer weren't at the UConn-Baylor game because they don't know how to look up statistics.

Shades wrote:

I’d recommend Natisha Hiedeman of Marquette over Kea, although who knows how either would translate to the next level.

They're actually similar, but Kea has had a better history of overall shooting accuracy. Paris also plays in a more competitive league, although Carolyn Kieger is doing a nice job of beefing up the Marquette nonconference schedule. If Natisha can keep up her current accuracy, she would definitely move up the draft board. Last year, I think she went into a slump at the end of the season. Sort of the opposite of Kea.

5thmantheme wrote:

Steph Curry wears the same sort of ankle braces. Just being careful, so far working OK.

pic ---> https://i0.wp.com/b-reddy.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/stephen-curry-ankles-close-up.png?fit=376%2C203&ssl=1

McCowan's brace looks like it has an extra piece. It actually stood up straight by itself when inserted into the sneaker. But thanks for the info.

PostPosted: 01/04/19 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades,

No thanks....Unless Jasmine Thomas wants to come to Dallas!!!

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 8:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You know it’s a bad year for PG’s if Kea is proclaimed the best PG. Glad my team isn’t all that in the market for a rookie PG, and if they were it’d probably be Bell.

I have Kenisha Bell as the best PG in this draft. There's also Tiana Mangakahia of Syracuse that could enter the draft. But PGs a slim pickings in this draft.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
stever

PostPosted: 01/05/19 9:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.twincities.com/2019/01/04/gophers-star-kenisha-bell-wants-to-prove-shes-more-than-a-scorer/

Quote:
Gophers star Kenisha Bell wants to prove she’s more than a scorer

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Official draft order:

https://highposthoops.com/2018/12/31/official-2019-wnba-draft-order-confirmed/

The official 2019 WNBA Draft order for picks 1 through 36 is listed below.

First Round
1. Las Vegas
2. New York
3. Indiana
4. Chicago
5. Dallas
6. Minnesota
7. Los Angeles
8. Phoenix
9. Connecticut
10. Washington
11. Atlanta
12. Seattle

Second Round
13. Phoenix from Indiana via Las Vegas (Kelsey Bone sign-and-trade, 2/2/18) (Kayla Alexander trade, 2/1/18)
14. New York
15. Chicago
16. Minnesota from Las Vegas (2018 draft night trade, 4/12/18)
17. Dallas
18. Minnesota
19. Los Angeles
20. Minnesota from Phoenix (Danielle Robinson trade, 3/6/18)
21. Connecticut to Connecticut via Atlanta (Bria Holmes trade, 4/12/18) (Layshia Clarendon/Alex Bentley trade, 7/9/18)
22. Dallas from Washington (Tayler Hill/Aerial Powers trade, 7/23/18)
23. Atlanta
24. Seattle

Third Round
25. Indiana
26. New York
27. Chicago
28. Indiana from Las Vegas (Kayla Alexander trade, 2/1/18)
29. Dallas
30. Minnesota
31. Los Angeles
32. Phoenix
33. Connecticut
34. Washington
35. Atlanta
36. Seattle

Randy

PostPosted: 01/05/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BTW Toad455 - are you still doing the Mock Draft on Draftsite? If so congrats on being shown on ESPN the other night.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/19 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess who pushed for the draft order to be published? Even though I kept sending draftsite corrections, they would never fix the order, so I figured getting the official order would be the only way to get it done.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Guess who pushed for the draft order to be published? Even though I kept sending draftsite corrections, they would never fix the order, so I figured getting the official order would be the only way to get it done.

It's all been fixed and updated. Yes, we got your numerous messages. The last mock has been posted and updated.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
BTW Toad455 - are you still doing the Mock Draft on Draftsite? If so congrats on being shown on ESPN the other night.

yes. here's the latest update. And BTW, there's three of us that update the site & mocks. I solely help with the WNBA pages and player updates. There's others assigned solely to certain leagues as well. There was never an official draft order throughout the WNBA season and right after. There's now over 100 players in the database for 2019.

https://www.draftsite.com/wnba/mock-draft/2019/

Aladyyn

PostPosted: 01/05/19 11:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anigwe is definitely the player I'm looking at the most for DC. Not excited about the other posts in that range, if for some reason Anigwe raises her stock significantly I hope Thibault looks into a trade.

Randy

PostPosted: 01/05/19 1:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

yes. here's the latest update. And BTW, there's three of us that update the site & mocks. I solely help with the WNBA pages and player updates. There's others assigned solely to certain leagues as well. There was never an official draft order throughout the WNBA season and right after. There's now over 100 players in the database for 2019.

Good work. The top 6 or so (depending on Ionescu) order seems quite uncertain to me. Shephard might be the best the Dream could realistically hope for at 11.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/19 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would think with McCoughtry being iffy, that they would go for the best SF available with their first pick. There should be some interesting possibilities.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Good work. The top 6 or so (depending on Ionescu) order seems quite uncertain to me. Shephard might be the best the Dream could realistically hope for at 11.

The Dream are my mystery team for the draft. They need a SF mostly but this draft is on the weak side with SFs(& PGs).

pilight

PostPosted: 01/05/19 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I would think with McCoughtry being iffy, that they would go for the best SF available with their first pick. There should be some interesting possibilities.

By #11 you take best player available

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

Which will likely be one of the many PFs in the draft. Shepard, A. Smith, Caliya Robinson, Magbegor?.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/19 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

If there’s an obvious player overlooked maybe, but SF could be the best player available. I have Shepard going before #11, and ATL passing on Cunningham and selecting Howard at #11, at this point They could go for Cunningham too. They could go for Alanna Smith, who could be a utility forward. It’s a decent draft for players that could be used at SF.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/05/19 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

Without going into team-by-team analysis, this generally looks reasonable to me. Two things to consider:

1) At this point in time, I don't think Magbegor gets drafted ahead of Smith. Alanna is putting up good numbers for Stanford every night -- even when her minutes are limited by foul trouble. Meanwhile, it looks like Ezi is playing behind both Kalani Purcell and Madeleine Garrick (when Melbourne goes small). It would be nice if she got more playing time backing-up Cayla George, but right now those minutes are going to Sarah Boothe. So you see, unless things change, Ezi is going to have a hard time making a case for herself as a high pick.

2) Laksa might have been drafted #20 had she stayed healthy, but now that she's injured I highly doubt she'll be taken higher than the 3rd Round. Laksa's calling card is scoring, but she often disappears at big moments. For instance, Kitija failed to capitalize on her opportunity to showcase her ability at the FIBA World Cup, averaging only 10.3 ppg on 32.4% shooting. She was completely overshadowed by her teammate Steinberga and even edged out in scoring by Dikaioulaku. As far as I can tell, Kitija is not a great defender or a superior athlete or a great leader. Her value is completely production dependent.

PostPosted: 01/05/19 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In regards to Laksa, I have her going at #20 due to Minnesota's three 2nd round picks. They can gamble & wait on someone like Laksa and also Xu Han.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/05/19 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#20 is not a bad place for Laksa. She was a projected first round pick a year or two ago, and a team like Minnesota with all their second round picks might be looking for an injury deferral. Remember, ATL chose Kristi Wallace as an injury deferral way up at #16. Try to figure that one out. I didn’t have her that high when she was healthy. Now she’s a two-year deferral.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/05/19 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
#20 is not a bad place for Laksa. She was a projected first round pick a year or two ago, and a team like Minnesota with all their second round picks might be looking for an injury deferral. Remember, ATL chose Kristi Wallace as an injury deferral way up at #16. Try to figure that one out. I didn’t have her that high when she was healthy. Now she’s a two-year deferral.

Wallace had good athleticism for a player her size. She was a legitimate combo guard who was shooting 50.2%/38.4% and averaging 5 apg at the time she went down. Laksa is basically a spot-up shooting SF-only with nothing else special about her. Look at the way people on this board kill Samuelson for supposedly being one-dimensional. Laksa isn't anywhere near as good as Katie Lou. And for a "great" shooter, Kitija's career 39.8 FG% is pretty head-scratching, although she does shoot 39.1% 3Pt. However, if you and Toad want to argue that Laksa being injured is actually a good thing because it guarantees deferral and that Minnesota can't find enough ways to use all of their 2nd Round picks, well OK... I guess.

PostPosted: 01/05/19 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would also point out that this isn't the old days of the Lynx where they wanted late-round picks who wouldn't show up because there were no roster spots for them even if they were good. There's plenty of space on the end of that roster at the minute (albeit Reeve still has plenty of time to sign a bunch of decaying veterans in free agency). And that's even before worrying about whether the old stars are actually going to show up/not retire.

PostPosted: 01/05/19 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Dream must've figured nobody at #16 would be a lock to make the roster (maybe a guard could've beaten out Blake Dietrick?), in which case drafting a deferral who may or may not ever make a future roster isn't any worse than drafting a player who will get cut after training camp.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/05/19 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Lynx take best available at #16, Xu Han at #18 and then likely do a deferral at #20. There's plenty of foreigners that available that won't show up. I think Xu shows up.

PG: Robinson/Jones
SG: Augustus/#6 pick
SF: Moore/Zandalasini
PF: Brunson/Larkins?
C: Fowles/Fagbenle/Xu
+ the #16 pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 21 of 74

Jump to: