57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Mercury
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 21

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/24/17 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How did Gray make that play? Jesus. Talk about court vision...

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/24/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Players like Nneka and Diana annoy me in the regard that they dish out a lot of physical punishment, but have a tendency to really bitch and flop about when faced with a fraction of what they dish out.
zune69

PostPosted: 08/24/17 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prince should be getting Talbot's minutes.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/24/17 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why are LA's starters still in? Is Agler's bench that trash?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/24/17 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LaChina mentioned Elizabeth Williams for DPOY. Homer alert. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
LaChina mentioned Elizabeth Williams for DPOY. Homer alert. Laughing

As a Dream fan, I can say without a doubt that Elizabeth Williams winning any sort of award for defense would be a travesty.

Most people hate poetry
Tally24

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know I complain about DRob, seemingly, every game, but oh my gosh she's been garbage.
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I know I complain about DRob, seemingly, every game, but oh my gosh she's been garbage.

Agreed. Don't see how she fits with the team.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:

I don't know that I would call her garbage but I will say that I think that L Mitch is better that Robinson and I think she Mitchell, should be the starting point guard.. Also think they should have kept Courtney Williams.

caune

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

I don't know that I would call her garbage but I will say that I think that L Mitch is better that Robinson and I think she Mitchell, should be the starting point guard.. Also think they should have kept Courtney Williams.

I didn;t like this acquisition from the beginning. I like it even less now Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:

I was a huge Oklahoma fan from 2005-2011.The lack of development from D.Robinson and C.Paris is very sad.Both players have added nothing to their games.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

She's played well in stretches. I think the problem is mixes. DRob is good at driving to the basket, so when she's on the court without shooters..

Mitchell has to come off the bench now that we're starting Currie too. She's consistent offense. Not only that, but we need DRob's defense for Taurasi. Laughing

Of course, the other option is to start Turner, and play Taurasi at point for a bit.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Get that shit out Nneka

Like BG got 2 blocks on Nneka in 1 play?

I agree re Little she has been terrible in most games.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So BG can walk up to refs with her fist balled up calling thevref a "Mfin B**ch " multiple times & not recieve a T or ejection. Shocked But a missed punch then They take action. They Being The WNBA !

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PFT looking like A Goddess with her airtime in the 3rd QTR Embarassed Razz

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Taurasi out for rest.

Given this crew, Taurasi out to prevent us from finding out how many ways she can tell a ref to go fuck herself.

That would explain the late scratch. Diana looked at the ref list and started cursing, and the coaches all looked at each other and said "hmm, maybe you should sit this one out."

I'm confident DT is capable of getting a Technical even with a DNP. Laughing

Delisha "Sunshine" Milton-Jones did! She was in street clothes due to an injury and was T'd up on the bench for 'comments' directed to one of the refs after a foul called against LA. I have never seen or heard of any other player getting a technical in street clothes before or since. Laughing

Last edited by jap on 08/25/17 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Taurasi out for rest.

Given this crew, Taurasi out to prevent us from finding out how many ways she can tell a ref to go fuck herself.

That would explain the late scratch. Diana looked at the ref list and started cursing, and the coaches all looked at each other and said "hmm, maybe you should sit this one out."

I'm confident DT is capable of getting a Technical even with a DNP. Laughing

Delisha "Sunshine" Milton-Jones did! She was in street clothes due to an injury and was T'd up on the bench for 'comments' directed to one of the refs after an foul called against LA. I have never seen or heard of any other player getting a technical in street clothes before or since. Laughing

Laughing

Now Taurasi has another milestone she needs to reach before retirement.

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kudos To Lachina Picking Gray For ROY Huh Shades... Cool She changed her mind in less than a weeks time!

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
I don't think she a good fit in Phx.

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SO, regarding DRob....I know that her thing is the mid-range pull up and getting to the rim; however, it seems like she has no desire to do so anymore. Tonight, in the middle of a 3 on 2, instead of attacking, she circled back to the perimeter and slowed it down like we were nursing a lead. Her defense, which she is known for, in my opinion, has fallen off as well. I just haven't been impressed. It is mind boggling to me that she has never made a 3 point basket during her career in the WNBA. Even Nakia freakin' Sanford made some threes. At this point, I would rather have Kelly Miller.

Regarding Little, I don't think she has been terrible. She usually absorbs the toughest post match up quite well. Her 3 pt shot has not been there this year, but she is hardly to blame for where we currently sit. I would much rather have kept Izzy though.
StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/24/17 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
PFT looking like A Goddess with her airtime in the 3rd QTR Embarassed Razz

One of the announcers --- was it Pam Ward? --- said that Penny looked like she was on the cover of Vogue magazine.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

She's a dreadful fit

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 08/25/17 12:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alana Beard needs 10 more steals to pass Sheryl the Great for 3rd all time in steals. Can she pass her before the playoffs?? I'm so in love with our guard play right now. Sims, Gray and Beard are playing well on both sides of the ball. Next up Minny on Sunday. I will be in attendance to see LA get revenge. I was in the house for game 4 when Maya went off and I'm still salty about that lol. Hope we can get Carson and Williams close to 100% come playoffs.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:
Tally24 wrote:

She's a dreadful fit

The word that comes to mind for me is superfluous. I don't think she's played especially badly, and I find it hard to tell whether she's empirically a worse played than in previous year, but she's just there. She's not really affected games much, and obviously she doesn't stretch the floor much off the ball when it's in the hands of Taurasi or Griner.

I don't know if they knew they were going to get Mitchell when they made the trade for DRob, but they'd have been better off just handing the starting job to Mitchell and staying away from Robinson entirely. Mitchell at least poses a potential threat from deep (although her numbers aren't as great as I thought they were), and came for nothing as a free agent.

PostPosted: 08/25/17 7:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Where would Robinson fit better?

Most people hate poetry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: