#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
PG: Bird/Whalen/Sims
SG: Taurasi/Diggins
SF: Moore/Delle Donne
PF: Parker/ Stewart
C: Griner/Fowles/Charles
Last 3 cut Augustus, McCoughtry, N. Ogwumike

final 12

You know they cut Diggins before so they won't be shy about doing it again, especially when it comes down to the notion of cutting those names.

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too. Stewart should be iffy, but she's getting Geno's red carpet treatment.

Diggins will be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Hartley and Dolson won't be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Stewart will be on the team deservedly or not because Geno is the coach.

And Hartley and Dolson were never on the team. Learn your facts.

I have a feeling he meant they won't even be considered for the initial pool.

I don't particularly care what he meant or didn't mean. What he said was inaccurate. And solely meant to prove his unfounded point.

No actually what I wrote was 100% accurate and what you wrote in your usual rush to provide a knee-jerk defense of all things UConn is wrong.

Nobody said this is the Olympic Roster, and players will be added and players will be cut to get to that roster, but according to USA Basketball this is at this time the USA Basketball Womens National Team.

You can get a bad case of arthritis in your knees doing that so often.

But if you are going based on the "USA Basketball Women's National Team" then your statement doesn't make sense because Skylar Diggins is on the same "USA Basketball Women's National Team".

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Dolson being invited is particularly interesting, given that the woman who starts ahead of her in Washington is also American and is not in the pool.

Same thing last year.

But yeah, Geno being the coach has nothing to do with it. Rolling Eyes

Dolson wasnt going to make the team. She was just a big body in camp and to get some experience for the future. I thought it was similar to Appel a couple years ago only she made the team Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
I was impressed with Jennifer Hamson during the NCAA tournament last season and I'm glad the Sparks drafted her, but I'm shocked she has been invited to the USA Basketball training camps.

I'm very interested in seeing how she develops, but I'm not sure right now is the time to see how she does in USA Basketball training camps.

They tend to throw a ton of centers at the camp with no chance of being close to making the team. I think it must be more to have lots of big bodies to practice against.

That's a fair point, but certainly there are better centers to invite, especially considering she didn't play basketball for almost a year so her basketball readiness may still be less than 100%.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
Shades wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

You know they cut Diggins before so they won't be shy about doing it again, especially when it comes down to the notion of cutting those names.

Diggins is gonna have to be the WNBA MVP in 2015 to reach that kind of credibility to bump those names that are in their prime. We'll see, but I can't really see that happening. Sims is iffy too. Stewart should be iffy, but she's getting Geno's red carpet treatment.

Diggins will be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Hartley and Dolson won't be on the team as soon as Geno's not the coach.

Stewart will be on the team deservedly or not because Geno is the coach.

And Hartley and Dolson were never on the team. Learn your facts.

I have a feeling he meant they won't even be considered for the initial pool.

I don't particularly care what he meant or didn't mean. What he said was inaccurate. And solely meant to prove his unfounded point.

No actually what I wrote was 100% accurate and what you wrote in your usual rush to provide a knee-jerk defense of all things UConn is wrong.

Nobody said this is the Olympic Roster, and players will be added and players will be cut to get to that roster, but according to USA Basketball this is at this time the USA Basketball Womens National Team.

You can get a bad case of arthritis in your knees doing that so often.

Nice try. Then your Diggins comment makes no sense and the fact that you quoted Occasionalwnbafan's 12-player roster. All you wanted to do was throw Geno under the bus and restart the UConn-favoritism--Anti-Notre Dame saga.
ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
I was impressed with Jennifer Hamson during the NCAA tournament last season and I'm glad the Sparks drafted her, but I'm shocked she has been invited to the USA Basketball training camps.

I'm very interested in seeing how she develops, but I'm not sure right now is the time to see how she does in USA Basketball training camps.

They tend to throw a ton of centers at the camp with no chance of being close to making the team. I think it must be more to have lots of big bodies to practice against.

That's a fair point, but certainly there are better centers to invite, especially considering she didn't play basketball for almost a year so her basketball readiness may still be less than 100%.

The term "better" is obviously relative. Clearly USAB bases their decisions on Jayda Evans picks for AP All-American squads.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Actually according to USA Basketball it's the 2015 USA Basketball Women's National Team Mini-Camp Roster, not a team at all. Just camp participants.

http://www.usab.com/womens/national-team/roster.aspx

dtsnms

PostPosted: 05/01/15 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Actually according to USA Basketball it's the 2015 USA Basketball Women's National Team Mini-Camp Roster, not a team at all. Just camp participants.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
GEF34 wrote:

The term "better" is obviously relative. Clearly USAB bases their decisions on Jayda Evans picks for AP All-American squads.

True. I am curious to see how she is doing basketball wise now, she did take a lot of time off before resuming play.

myrtle

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Parker is up for this mini-camp but not to play for the Sparks. hmmm.

- Amanda Gorman
ucdt3

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Taurasi is listed as well. And she's out for the season plus just had hand surgery. Just because they will be there, doesn't mean they'll play. They're likely just showing their loyalty.
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Her Russian season just ended, so is she going to be playing in the training camp, or is she just going to be on the sideline and be part of the training camp?

But if she were to play in this training camp, I wouldn't have a problem with it because she is under no obligation to play for the Sparks this season. Just like when she miss the World Championships so she can have surgery and be ready for her Russian team I had no problem with that either.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I cannot help but believe these games hurt the WNBA

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:

What games? The Olympics?

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

No, how the players are using the rules to not play in the WNBA in 2015.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/01/15 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Actually, they make it clear that the roster is smaller than the full National Team and say "All available members of the 2014-16 USA Basketball Women’s National Team are expected to participate in the training camp."

So the roster excludes those who are not able to participate. That's why it's the mini-camp roster.

The title of their own article is "USA Basketball Women’s National Team To Train May 4-6 In Las Vegas." The article begins with "With an eye toward the 2016 Olympic Games and working to defend its streak of five-straight Olympic gold medals, the USA Basketball Women’s National Team will hold a three-day training camp May 4-6 at UNLV’s Mendenhall Center in Las Vegas." This is indeed "the team" as of now.

To be perfectly precise I probably should have said that Diggins won't make the final Olympic roster as long as Geno is coach. I suppose I should have anticipated that some UConners, lacking any substantive response, would start quibbling about semantics instead. Classic diversionary tactic. I'm pretty sure everyone, including you, knew exactly what I was saying.

Last edited by ArtBest23 on 05/01/15 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

No, how the players are using the rules to not play in the WNBA in 2015.

Huh, what "rules" are you referring to, there aren't any players that are using rules to get out of playing in the WNBA. Unless you are referring to the coring thing, but that has been done for years, DeLisha Milton-Jones almost sat out because she was cored in 2008.

GEF34

PostPosted: 05/01/15 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Actually, they make it clear that the roster is smaller than the full National Team and say "All available members of the 2014-16 USA Basketball Women’s National Team are expected to participate in the training camp."

So the roster excludes those who are not able to participate. That's why it's the mini-camp roster.

The title of their own article is "USA Basketball Women’s National Team To Train May 4-6 In Las Vegas." The article begins with "With an eye toward the 2016 Olympic Games and working to defend its streak of five-straight Olympic gold medals, the USA Basketball Women’s National Team will hold a three-day training camp May 4-6 at UNLV’s Mendenhall Center in Las Vegas." This is indeed "the team" as of now.

To be perfectly precise I probably should have said that Diggins won't make the final Olympic roster as long as Geno is coach. I suppose I should have anticipated that some UConners, lacking any substantive response, would start quibbling about semantics instead. Classic diversionary tactic. I'm pretty sure everyone, including you, knew exactly what I was saying.

I am not a "UConner", never have been, never will be, and that is the same way I read your post, as I responded earlier in this thread. You may have meant "team" to mean something different in each sentence, but I didn't understand as "team" to be different in each sentence.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 05/01/15 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If all the vets are available I think it will be the hardest last few cuts the team has ever made

last summer this was my prediction for the team.

Bird/Whalen
Taurasi/Augustus
Catchings/Moore/McCoughtry
Parker/EDD
Fowles/Charles/Griner

I'm starting the longest tenured players at each position

Now with how the Worlds played out with players like Ogwumike showing up and playing great, and young players clearly being groomed for the future such as Stewart and Sims you've already got 15 deserving players. Then you add in others who have played for team USA at the Worlds and Olympics like Pondexter and Dupree. And then you finally add younger players on the rise who could be Olympians in the future like Diggins, C. Ogwumike, Robinson and Loyd. This is going to be the sickest build up to an Olympic team ever.

I can't wait to see the thread, the anger and the criticism as we get closer to the final team. I don't even know if I'm rooting for the vets or the young guns. Before I believed that there was no way the twelve I have at the top of the post could be knocked off if they were healthy, now I'm not so sure. It will be fun to watch it play out.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 05/02/15 6:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
If all the vets are available I think it will be the hardest last few cuts the team has ever made

last summer this was my prediction for the team.

Bird/Whalen
Taurasi/Augustus
Catchings/Moore/McCoughtry
Parker/EDD
Fowles/Charles/Griner

I'm starting the longest tenured players at each position

Now with how the Worlds played out with players like Ogwumike showing up and playing great, and young players clearly being groomed for the future such as Stewart and Sims you've already got 15 deserving players. Then you add in others who have played for team USA at the Worlds and Olympics like Pondexter and Dupree. And then you finally add younger players on the rise who could be Olympians in the future like Diggins, C. Ogwumike, Robinson and Loyd. This is going to be the sickest build up to an Olympic team ever.

I can't wait to see the thread, the anger and the criticism as we get closer to the final team. I don't even know if I'm rooting for the vets or the young guns. Before I believed that there was no way the twelve I have at the top of the post could be knocked off if they were healthy, now I'm not so sure. It will be fun to watch it play out.

I expect that 1 of those posts will be injured( EDD, Parker, Fowles, Charles or Griner). So Ogwumike or a young player like Steward can take that position. I would be very suprised if Pondexter makes it back on the team maybe if she has a MVP season with the Sky.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
shontay33

PostPosted: 05/02/15 7:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diana Taurasi was charged with a DUI and did not have to sit out for any USA basketball activities. So what makes you think that Grinder should sit out when there was another person involved in the incident?

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 05/02/15 7:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

final 12

instead of the committee picking for Geno after holding these pointless camps, just ask Geno who he wants and be done with it.

dtbtbtb

PostPosted: 05/02/15 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The talent is crazy! This list alone makes for an amazing USA 1 and USA 29 and those will be the teams fighting for gold if it was allowed

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 05/02/15 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

instead of the committee picking for Geno after holding these pointless camps, just ask Geno who he wants and be done with it.

I have and idea. Tell the Olympic Committee to get some guts and make Cheryl Reeve the Coach.

pilight

PostPosted: 05/03/15 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting that the badly in need of rest Candace Parker is participating

Most people hate poetry
GEF34

PostPosted: 05/03/15 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
Shades wrote:

final 12

I have and idea. Tell the Olympic Committee to get some guts and make Cheryl Reeve the Coach.

Why are you assuming she wants the position, she is already a head coach and deals with the stress of running a team. As a former assistant coach maybe she likes the chance of pace of just working with the team and scouting and not worrying about the media and the politics that go along with being a head coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 48, 49, 50  Next
Page 3 of 50

Jump to: