View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 04/19/14 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Shades wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
I think Reshanda Gray and Isabelle Harrison compete for the #1 pick.

And this should let you know everything you need to know about this draft class..

But for its worth, I'll say as of right now the lottery will be Mosqueda-Lewis, Williams, Gray and Boyd in no particular order.

There is a particular order, because in no way, shape, or form is Boyd going to be #1. She's probably not even top 6.

Which is more ridiculous, Boyd or Harrison?

And what is that particular order wise one?

Saying "no particular order" to me left it open that Boyd could be #1. No way, is what I'm saying. It'll most likely be all forwards in the lottery, depending on whether you consider KML a forward or not. Zune wants to call her a guard. The UConn site lists KML as a forward, but that site only exists to deceive people. Wink

Plenty of players change position when moving from college to the pros. She may be playing SF at UConn. That doesn't mean she'll be doing the same in the W.

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
toad455

PostPosted: 04/19/14 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just hope the 2015 draft class isn't as weak as the 2012 draft class.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 04/20/14 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

It's going to be much worse. There's no Delle Donne in next year's draft.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/20/14 7:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

2012 was the Nneka Ogwumike draft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_WNBA_draft

Randy

PostPosted: 04/20/14 7:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You guys are really serious about this? Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 04/20/14 7:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

2012 was the Nneka Ogwumike draft: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_WNBA_draft

There's no Nneka or Glory in that draft either.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 04/20/14 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

We could always ask Shades to start the 2016 Mock Draft thread too, although the #1 pick in that draft is easy enough. Very Happy

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/20/14 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lewis will get destroyed at SF in the league. Imagine her guarding Angel or Maya? They'd have a field day.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/14 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Randy wrote:

We could always ask Shades to start the 2016 Mock Draft thread too, although the #1 pick in that draft is easy enough. Very Happy

that will be a much more exciting draft!

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/14 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:
Lewis will get destroyed at SF in the league. Imagine her guarding Angel or Maya? They'd have a field day.

defense will not be her specialty, no matter where she plays.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 04/20/14 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:

They have field days on everybody.

PostPosted: 04/20/14 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's a recap video of a St John's vs Auburn game from early in the season.
Keep in mind, this is game recap video, but it plays like a Hasina Muhammad highlight reel. She didn't consistently have games like this one this season. In fact, this might have been her best game of the season, but if she can get stronger and more consistent for her senior season, I expect you'll hear her name pop up on this thread more often. Right now, draftsite.com has her sitting at #11 in the first round. She's built sorta like a shorter version of Bonner but with stronger legs, and like Bonner, she likes to intercept those lazy passes at the top of the key for easy scores.

Oh, and there's something else. Make sure you watch past the 2:00 mark.
Laimbeer, I see you nodding off. Pay attention in class!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ebgIHE3l8-o?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/20/14 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
cometsfan05 wrote:

They have field days on everybody.

That is true.

cometsfan05

PostPosted: 04/20/14 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
cometsfan05 wrote:

It won't. But her potentiall being the number one pick isn't saying much. Next year is a pretty weak class. No potential superstars in it.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/20/14 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cometsfan05 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
cometsfan05 wrote:

It won't. But her potentiall being the number one pick isn't saying much. Next year is a pretty weak class. No potential superstars in it.

agree.

ariesjow

PostPosted: 04/20/14 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Massengale will be in the 1st round. Pass first pg...wel. depends on her performance next season.

imo she's been a great disappointment. On the other hand, I think Izzi will be a top 2 or 3.

Massengale is yet to have a healthy collegiate season. She was actually quite improved before her injury this past season.

Agree on Harrison. She could easily go top 3 in this draft with a strong season. Her improvement this past season was dramatic. I expect her to be the go-to player for TN next season with Simmons gone.

jap

PostPosted: 04/20/14 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ariesjow wrote:
myrtle wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Massengale will be in the 1st round. Pass first pg...wel. depends on her performance next season.

imo she's been a great disappointment. On the other hand, I think Izzi will be a top 2 or 3.

Massengale is yet to have a healthy collegiate season. She was actually quite improved before her injury this past season.

Agree on Harrison. She could easily go top 3 in this draft with a strong season. Her improvement this past season was dramatic. I expect her to be the go-to player for TN next season with Simmons gone.

Izzy and Meighan shared the goto player role for much of the second half of the season. She has blossomed so much as an all around post.

I would like to see Bashara Graves manage her emotions much better. That alone should help her be more consistent. At times she appeared to be her own worst enemy, trying too hard, failing often, and wearing her heart way too visibly on her sleeve. Who does she think she is anyway? Meighan? Wink

PostPosted: 04/20/14 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Here's a recap video of a St John's vs Auburn game from early in the season.
Keep in mind, this is game recap video, but it plays like a Hasina Muhammad highlight reel. She didn't consistently have games like this one this season. In fact, this might have been her best game of the season, but if she can get stronger and more consistent for her senior season, I expect you'll hear her name pop up on this thread more often. Right now, draftsite.com has her sitting at #11 in the first round. She's built sorta like a shorter version of Bonner but with stronger legs, and like Bonner, she likes to intercept those lazy passes at the top of the key for easy scores.

Oh, and there's something else. Make sure you watch past the 2:00 mark.
Laimbeer, I see you nodding off. Pay attention in class!

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ebgIHE3l8-o?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

unfortunately, she has been hurt for most of the season but had to play because of the lack of experienced players on auburn team this year. I think it was back problems. Hopefully she heals during the summer. She a had a very good sophomore season last year. She is incredibly athletic and can jump out of the gym. Doesnt really seek contact and will need to get stronger. But maybe she is the same case as Bonner and will never bulk up. I would love to see her having impact in the wnba!

AAOK423

PostPosted: 04/20/14 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With the weakness of the 2015 draft I expect some players who wouldn't necessarily be considered even a good second or third round draft pick normally to really step up their game. I think Sharane Campbell and Sara Hammond could be a couple dark horses. Both are going to have the challenge of having to step up as seniors of two young teams.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/21/14 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AAOK423 wrote:
With the weakness of the 2015 draft I expect some players who wouldn't necessarily be considered even a good second or third round draft pick normally to really step up their game. I think Sharane Campbell and Sara Hammond could be a couple dark horses. Both are going to have the challenge of having to step up as seniors of two young teams.

While this may be true, I suspect bottom line is that a lot fewer draftees make a W roster next Summer.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/21/14 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she is healthy next year, Whitney Bays could play her way into the first round.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/28/14 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember, in a weak draft, Shekinna Stricklen went No. 2, so keep that in mind, because ...

Someone with connections in the DMV and the East Coast believes there's a significant chance Elizabeth Williams will not play professional basketball. Her interest in medicine has always been mentioned, and it's a multi-year process at best -- throw in the time spent playing in the WNBA and/or overseas, and getting her M.D. could wind up taking her until she's 40.

PostPosted: 05/28/14 6:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Remember, in a weak draft, Shekinna Stricklen went No. 2, so keep that in mind, because ...

Someone with connections in the DMV and the East Coast believes there's a significant chance Elizabeth Williams will not play professional basketball. Her interest in medicine has always been mentioned, and it's a multi-year process at best -- throw in the time spent playing in the WNBA and/or overseas, and getting her M.D. could wind up taking her until she's 40.

Yeah this isnt the year for the Storm to miss the playoffs. Bad timing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bullsky

PostPosted: 05/28/14 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Not sure this solves their problems, but throw some picks at Tulsa for Cambage.

PostPosted: 06/04/14 9:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bullsky wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Not sure this solves their problems, but throw some picks at Tulsa for Cambage.

Re: EW & medical school. Two thoughts. One thought being she might find renewed passion for basketball under different coaches than her current. But maybe she's just tired of it regardless. Or decides to make a few $$ to help w/ med school living costs before going.

And for bball to med school, she has a fellow Duke grad as a model. Alison Bales played for what 6yrs? and is in medical school now. She'll finish (theoretically) at ~32/33. And she was out of basketball for a year then came back for 2. And I don't think she played overseas much at all -- iirc she spent the non-WNBA time doing internships in hospitals and such. But a hardcore Duke fan probably remembers more & more correctly than I.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 3 of 57

Jump to: