RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

What?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/07/08 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really think that SA was intimidated. Yes, they had a hard, exciting series with the Sparks but I truly think that Detroit is a different beast. They come at you with so much.

Or it could have been what Bill said. They were 14-0 against the east. They never knew to turn it up a notch. The Detroit team they played in the regular season was totally different than the one they got in the playoffs. They may have been expecting that team that was in disarray during the season.

I had also agreed with Pilight. I thought that Ford meant that much; but then came Taj. She was just as good.

CB

PostPosted: 10/07/08 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SASS didn't have 2 of their guards that were in the rotation and important. Wauters and VJ were both banged up as well.

SASS is somewhat a finesse team anyway but had NO trouble not being intimidated by LA in the playoffs or any other team in the regular season, competing with them all and winning most since they did have the best regular season in the WNBA. Intimidated does not compute. I've watched this team close all season long.

PostPosted: 10/08/08 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

Last edited by cherrystreet on 10/08/08 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
cherrystreet

PostPosted: 10/08/08 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CB, what was it then? They beat the Sparks without Darling and Lawson. Maybe it was the second part. Detroit was focused and they just came with so much more spunk. SA only really showed that in the first half of game three.
Detroit without Pierson and Ford wasn't even as aggressive physically as they normally are.

DTP

PostPosted: 10/08/08 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like I said before, Ford alone > Darling and Lawson-Wade so I don't want to hear about injuries. At this point in the season I don't think anyone is healthy...fight through it. Not having Darling and Lawson-Wade isn't a excuse for them not showing up in the Finals.

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/08/08 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DTP wrote:
Like I said before, Ford alone > Darling and Lawson-Wade so I don't want to hear about injuries. At this point in the season I don't think anyone is healthy...fight through it. Not having Darling and Lawson-Wade isn't a excuse for them not showing up in the Finals.

Playing devil's advocate for a moment- you guys a) had more time to adjust to losing Ford, and b) could afford to go out and acquire Taj to fill the gap. San Antonio hamstrung themselves with high contracts- remember that they were only playing with ten healthy on their best day with Crossley's ACL. And their injuries came late- too late to adjust.

PostPosted: 10/08/08 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
DTP wrote:

Playing devil's advocate for a moment- you guys a) had more time to adjust to losing Ford, and b) could afford to go out and acquire Taj to fill the gap. San Antonio hamstrung themselves with high contracts- remember that they were only playing with ten healthy on their best day with Crossley's ACL. And their injuries came late- too late to adjust.

I agree with all that, but I also think Laimbeer did a better job preparing for the possibilities than Hughes did. Although their chances of winning any given game would obviously decrease, if Laimbeer needed 20 minutes on a certain night from Sheri Sam, or Kelly Schumacher, or even Olayinka Sanni, then they were capable of providing it and had been prepared for that as the season went on. On the end of San Antonio's bench Hughes was never going to use Sandora Irvin (who should've been cut long ago) and signing Adrianne Ross and Brittany Wilkins right near the end of the season was a complete waste of time. Atunrase was also either completely unprepared for extended minutes or Hughes had no confidence in her to allow her to play them. So with only two injuries (or three if you count Crossley) SASS were down to essentially a 6-player rotation. Detroit weren't, partly because of the justifiable reasons Queenie mentioned, and partly because the Shock were just better prepared for all eventualities.

caune

PostPosted: 10/08/08 3:32 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

TweetyMulatto wrote:
caune wrote:
DTP wrote:
What were you guys saying?

* No Ford, No Championship?
* Their time has passed??
* They'd struggle against anyone who came out of the West???
* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

Haha....man it feels goooooooooooooooooood to shut everyone up! No offense to anyone but haha, I feel great right now...just had to let it all out. Feel like I was out there playin...

\just feel lucky it's the SASS you played, not last years Mercury team Wink

you mean the fluke team?

LOL, I do beleive your team has never won back to back, is that correct?
Yes you made the play offs those other years...but you play in the least Wink

PostPosted: 10/09/08 10:08 pm    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
TweetyMulatto wrote:
caune wrote:
DTP wrote:
What were you guys saying?

* No Ford, No Championship?
* Their time has passed??
* They'd struggle against anyone who came out of the West???
* They're too old???
* San Antonio in 3????

Haha....man it feels goooooooooooooooooood to shut everyone up! No offense to anyone but haha, I feel great right now...just had to let it all out. Feel like I was out there playin...

\just feel lucky it's the SASS you played, not last years Mercury team Wink

you mean the fluke team?

Why yes, that's corrent.

hmmm...what does not winning back to back have anything to do with the statement i made? anything at all? okay, i didn't think so.

In the last half dozen years, MY team has won 50% of all WNBA championships. Looking at that alone...and the fact that WE won the last championship and are currently the wnba championships, i'm not crying too hard.

i mean, were you even trying to dispute my statement at all?, or just pulling a random (and meaningless) fact out of thin air...?

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/10/08 12:16 am    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

TweetyMulatto wrote:
caune wrote:
TweetyMulatto wrote:

you mean the fluke team?

Why yes, that's corrent.

hmmm...what does not winning back to back have anything to do with the statement i made? anything at all? okay, i didn't think so.

In the last half dozen years, MY team has won 50% of all WNBA championships. Looking at that alone...and the fact that WE won the last championship and are currently the wnba championships, i'm not crying too hard.

i mean, were you even trying to dispute my statement at all?, or just pulling a random (and meaningless) fact out of thin air...?

apparently the Shock are a fluke too because they have never won back-to-back titles Rolling Eyes

TweetyMulatto

PostPosted: 10/10/08 12:30 am    ::: Re: What? Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
TweetyMulatto wrote:
caune wrote:
TweetyMulatto wrote:

you mean the fluke team?

Why yes, that's corrent.

apparently the Shock are a fluke too because they have never won back-to-back titles Rolling Eyes

gotcha.

If death meant just leaving the stage long enough to change costume and come back as a new character...would you slow down? Or speed up?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: