50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 34

larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/01/14 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
Then whose job is it to rebound? Also that explanation applies only on one end of the court.

It's everyone's "job". But physics are physics. The reality is that if you ask a player to aggressively go for shot blocks, they are going to be able to rebound fewer shots.

She needs to get better at using her height to rebound, but most of the time she is being pulled out of position. And she has to be careful not to pick up easy fouls by being too aggressive on rebounds. Her height works against her if she comes crashing in...even a little contact becomes obvious and is easy to call.

She is not a great rebounder, but she is made worse by the way the Merc choose to use her. But her presence also makes it easier for other Merc players to get rebounds. And she set the record for blocked shots. So the Merc aren't exactly wrong.

She isn't a great rebounder. I agree with that and a ton of things that you said But in a ton of people's words from this board, "She's 6'8". She should be getting more than that." Now. BG had a few 8 or more rebounding games so I will not give her any slack. If DT has just 3 ast or 6 to than to me she didn't do well and will be called out on it. I love BG BUT no. Just no. When she is aggressive on the boards she gets atleast 10. On the regular season she had 7.6/8 a game as her average. In the PLAYOFFS 3 is entirely unacceptable.

I checked the stats for the game. Rebounding total was EVEN, 32 for each team. So, what was the difference? Where they occurred. Lynx got 11 offensive boards for 2nd or 3rd chances. Pho got 5.

I'd like to see Brondello work more with Brittney to box out and to go up with both hands to bring down the rebound instead of tipping it one handed. Boxing out is more important than jumping ability. I do agree her teammates need to do more rebounding when she is being DEFENDER OF THE RIM!

larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/01/14 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catch24Rules wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
justintyme wrote:
While Maya was instrumental in this win, my MVP of this game was Whalen. She grabbed the team by it's ears and willed them back in. It was that energy that she brought to the team and crowd that righted the ship.

Whalen kept this team in it throughout the first three quarters and Maya won it for them in the end.

At the end of the day, this series should go to three games. I think Phoenix will win. I hope Phoenix will win. But either team is deserving.

BTW: A lot has been talked about with the officials, and although some really really stupid calls happened (both ways) I didn't have a problem with the game overall. No team was absolutely handicapped from winning, there was an attempt to stop the extreme physical play (best the refs could do) and shitty calls went both ways. Minny just came out and won it.

Truth .. great synopsis of the game!

Augustus was the lynX factor for this game.

larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/01/14 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A question for consideration:

Does anyone else go to the bottom of the page, click on "Newest First", "One day (or is it Today), and then click GO in order to read the latest instead of oldest posts first?

Just suggesting perhaps considering Newest First as the default. . . . .

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 09/01/14 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice request

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/01/14 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

larmarch5 wrote:

Does anyone else go to the bottom of the page, click on "Newest First", "One day (or is it Today), and then click GO in order to read the latest instead of oldest posts first?

on the front WNBA page where it lists the title of the thread:
if you want the last post in the thread - go to the far right and click on the arrow with the box next to the last poster's name.
if you want to start the thread at the point where you last left off, click on the arrow with the box on the far left next to the title of the thread.

hope this helps?

Huskie

PostPosted: 09/01/14 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
X factor was in the house here in Minny but alas no win. They played not to lose and that led to Maya's threes. Oh well. See y'all in phoenix bitches. Btw. I sat next to some bitches who hate Taurasi. What a surprise. At least I held my toungue and was not arrested for asault. Good job for me.

Dam glad you are the P of PFT, and I am the F. Cause, as I mentioned to you more than once during the game, I wanted to strangle that dim wit. To just ride a person with 4 letter words is un called for.

I will give a shout out to the city of Minneapolis for some great hospitality all around. Really enjoyed the stay. All the loss means is we can finally wash our PFT shirts so they look pretty and smell fresh for game 3. (For superstitions sake, they aren't washed after wins)

Cool

PostPosted: 09/01/14 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Darren Wolfson ‏@DarrenWolfson 3m
#LosLynx local TV ratings won the afternoon yesterday. 2.7 overall, peak 4.5. Adults 25-54: 0.8, peak 1.3. Did better w/ men 25-54.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/01/14 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Here's another time Maya's shooting a very deep two. Griner usually gets this if a mortal is shooting it. Maya really rainbowed it.

It looked better when Parker did the same thing over Griner Laughing

larmarch5

PostPosted: 09/02/14 10:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
larmarch5 wrote:

on the front WNBA page where it lists the title of the thread:
if you want the last post in the thread - go to the far right and click on the arrow with the box next to the last poster's name.
if you want to start the thread at the point where you last left off, click on the arrow with the box on the far left next to the title of the thread.

hope this helps?

Thanks for the instructions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18

Jump to: