Total Votes : 34

SCook

PostPosted: 08/31/14 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
SCook wrote:
Shades wrote:
SCook wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Also 6'8" center Brittney Griner with 3 rebounds in 36 minutes. Clearly the refs' fault.

BG has always been a terrible rebounder. And 3 is unacceptable. She had 10 the last game

Kinda hard to rebound when you're out near the three point line trying to stop Maya.

Don't give her no excuse. She was not doing her job. And how she switched onto her I don't know.

Of course "her job" is as a shot blocker. When you go for blocks it takes you out of ideal rebounding position. She should get more than 3, but "rebounding" isn't her primary job.

Another excuse. Her job is to be great. Period. Don't excuse her for being invisible tonight.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Then whose job is it to rebound? Also that explanation applies only on one end of the court.

jlight

PostPosted: 08/31/14 8:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mo’ne Davis ‏@Monedavis11 2h
@MooreMaya Thanks For Signing My Shirt❤️ #MomentIWillNeverForget

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/31/14 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Then whose job is it to rebound? Also that explanation applies only on one end of the court.

It's everyone's "job". But physics are physics. The reality is that if you ask a player to aggressively go for shot blocks, they are going to be able to rebound fewer shots.

She needs to get better at using her height to rebound, but most of the time she is being pulled out of position. And she has to be careful not to pick up easy fouls by being too aggressive on rebounds. Her height works against her if she comes crashing in...even a little contact becomes obvious and is easy to call.

She is not a great rebounder, but she is made worse by the way the Merc choose to use her. But her presence also makes it easier for other Merc players to get rebounds. And she set the record for blocked shots. So the Merc aren't exactly wrong.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Much better, Lynx. Now ride that wave to Phoenix and finish them off. (But if you want to leave Tan in Minneapolis, I am perfectly okay with that plan.)
lol And leave whoever is willing to pass the ball to her in Minny too.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chadb wrote:
Oh you fat pig. Terrible acting
Shocked

jlight

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
chadb wrote:
Oh you fat pig. Terrible acting
Shocked
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked damn this is just a game.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fear the Bun wrote:

The three best players for the Lynx today.

Bravo! Take a bow. You pulled it out for them.
To be fair phx got the same number of calls as Lynx in gm one. But I agree about those refs being bad.

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I know Mone and Moore made the clutch shots but Whalen was the MVP tonite. Now this gm live up to the hype.

SCook

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:

It's everyone's "job". But physics are physics. The reality is that if you ask a player to aggressively go for shot blocks, they are going to be able to rebound fewer shots.

She needs to get better at using her height to rebound, but most of the time she is being pulled out of position. And she has to be careful not to pick up easy fouls by being too aggressive on rebounds. Her height works against her if she comes crashing in...even a little contact becomes obvious and is easy to call.

She is not a great rebounder, but she is made worse by the way the Merc choose to use her. But her presence also makes it easier for other Merc players to get rebounds. And she set the record for blocked shots. So the Merc aren't exactly wrong.

She isn't a great rebounder. I agree with that and a ton of things that you said But in a ton of people's words from this board, "She's 6'8". She should be getting more than that." Now. BG had a few 8 or more rebounding games so I will not give her any slack. If DT has just 3 ast or 6 to than to me she didn't do well and will be called out on it. I love BG BUT no. Just no. When she is aggressive on the boards she gets atleast 10. On the regular season she had 7.6/8 a game as her average. In the PLAYOFFS 3 is entirely unacceptable.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's another time Maya's shooting a very deep two. Griner usually gets this if a mortal is shooting it. Maya really rainbowed it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SCook

PostPosted: 08/31/14 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Fear the Bun wrote:

The three best players for the Lynx today.

Bravo! Take a bow. You pulled it out for them.
To be fair phx got the same number of calls as Lynx in gm one. But I agree about those refs being bad.

The calls were inconsistent. That's my only problem but it's really annoying because I see a foul called for certain things on 1 end and not called on the other end.

The refs were annoying BUT I don't think they changed the way this game went, however, the next game I see BG blatantly get hit on the arm and they ignore it but the same thing happens on the other end with another player and they get the whistle, I'm going to nicely write Laurel Ritchie and the WNBA a nice nasty letter about that BS. Officiate my girl fairly.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought the game changed quite a bit based on the way the game was officiated. Early on the Lynx were called for all the holding. In the fourth quarter they weren't. They wore down Phoenix, who were much slower in and out of their cuts than they were early in the game. As the fourth quarter went on, Taurasi attempted 3's from further and further out, and Griner was pushed out of her comfort zone deeper in the paint.

In fairness, a very difficult game to officiate. This was an old-school WNBA game with new-school talent. The most frenetic, intense WNBA game I have seen in many, many years...possibly since 2000. Minnesota did a great job of using their strength advantage and wing athleticism to deny nearly everything. Phoenix had zero ball reversal in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to see the tone that game 3 takes with a winner-take-all on the finesse team's home court.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see some good to great crowds in Indy, Minny and Phx so far. Cool

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 08/31/14 11:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thank you for the fireworks Lynx/Mercury. I want to see the Big Bang for the finale on Wednseday. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/31/14 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I thought the game changed quite a bit based on the way the game was officiated. Early on the Lynx were called for all the holding. In the fourth quarter they weren't. They wore down Phoenix, who were much slower in and out of their cuts than they were early in the game. As the fourth quarter went on, Taurasi attempted 3's from further and further out, and Griner was pushed out of her comfort zone deeper in the paint.

In fairness, a very difficult game to officiate. This was an old-school WNBA game with new-school talent. The most frenetic, intense WNBA game I have seen in many, many years...possibly since 2000. Minnesota did a great job of using their strength advantage and wing athleticism to deny nearly everything. Phoenix had zero ball reversal in the fourth quarter. It will be interesting to see the tone that game 3 takes with a winner-take-all on the finesse team's home court.

Very good. This explanation is great and it actually makes me look at it that way now

PostPosted: 08/31/14 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/31/14 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Clearly the refs' fault.

Post of the week.

PostPosted: 09/01/14 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Clearly the refs' fault.

Post of the week.

For real! The Number One favorite past time for people on this board is complaining about the refs. The Number Two favorite past time are the people that love to complain about tanking. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/01/14 12:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish game 3 was starting at 9 or 9:30 ET instead of 10. Not that wishing changes it. I don't want to miss it but I may have no choice.

PostPosted: 09/01/14 12:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:

I know what you mean but when you look at Sylvia Fowles. She is blocking shots aswell and always giving help but she just has a great will to grab that rebound.

On that Maya 3 Griner had to help because Dupree was switched onto Maya and she walked straight into a Brunson screen

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
gopher5

PostPosted: 09/01/14 7:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
X factor was in the house here in Minny but alas no win. They played not to lose and that led to Maya's threes. Oh well. See y'all in phoenix bitches. Btw. I sat next to some bitches who hate Taurasi. What a surprise. At least I held my toungue and was not arrested for asault. Good job for me.

I liked the P F T shirts.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 09/01/14 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Nice to see some good to great crowds in Indy, Minny and Phx so far. Cool

Game 1 in Phx had a crowd of 10,376
Game 2 in MN had 10,513
Game 1 in Indy had 7,557

pretty good!

SueFavor

PostPosted: 09/01/14 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quick question for those more familiar with her: When did Janel McCarville become a flopper/actor, or has she always been that way?

womenshoopsworld.com

twitter.com/hoopism

whoopsworld@aol.com
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/01/14 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SueFavor wrote:
Quick question for those more familiar with her: When did Janel McCarville become a flopper/actor, or has she always been that way?

I am not a McCarville expert but when the player that she guarding has a six inch height advantage then she has to use every trick in the book to try to guard her. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: