Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/19 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I still find it nonsense that a team with 2 former mvp s both top 3players at their position in the world cant make it far in the playoffs..

Remind me, how far'd they get last year?

What'd they do over last year, besides get even older?

I know how far(or notfar in their case) they went. They underachieved big time. But any team that has Maya and Fowles on their team should do better then what they did. Other teams (like the Dream) did better with less talent. I dont care how old the rest is. I found it very strange to see them struggle that bad

It was a very compacted season, which works much more against the older teams. Maya went from Euroleague playoff finals to WNBA with no break. Literally none. Fowles was playing through injury half the season. Brunson was out near the end of the season, and Reeve struggled to find another decent backup post after Kizer and Miyem ended up being busts. Reeve finally figured out that Whalen was a net liability. Oh, and DRob ended up getting a fairly serious injury too. I’m the only one who can remember all this?

With Fowles healthy and Maya rested in a normal season, they would have been contenders like they have always been. Now, if everyone stays healthy and Reeve can make one more good FA move (besides Dantas) and at least one good draft pick, I’m calling that this year’s team will have a better record than last year’s team (18-16).

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/06/19 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
I still find it nonsense that a team with 2 former mvp s both top 3players at their position in the world cant make it far in the playoffs..

Remind me, how far'd they get last year?

What'd they do over last year, besides get even older?

I know how far(or notfar in their case) they went. They underachieved big time. But any team that has Maya and Fowles on their team should do better then what they did. Other teams (like the Dream) did better with less talent. I dont care how old the rest is. I found it very strange to see them struggle that bad

It was a very compacted season, which works much more against the older teams. Maya went from Euroleague playoff finals to WNBA with no break. Literally none. Fowles was playing through injury half the season. Brunson was out near the end of the season, and Reeve struggled to find another decent backup post after Kizer and Miyem ended up being busts. Reeve finally figured out that Whalen was a net liability. Oh, and DRob ended up getting a fairly serious injury too. I’m the only one who can remember all this?

With Fowles healthy and Maya rested in a normal season, they would have been contenders like they have always been. Now, if everyone stays healthy and Reeve can make one more good FA move (besides Dantas) and at least one good draft pick, I’m calling that this year’s team will have a better record than last year’s team (18-16).

Spot on.

People seem to forget that run that the Lynx went on last year after the team gelled but before the injuries. Everyone was talking about how they were back.

When max contracts are given out to people who aren't playing at that level (like Whalen and Augustus), it's hard to have depth to make up for injuries. And the ones to DRob and Brunson hurt. Bad.

PostPosted: 02/06/19 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like at least you two think something like a 20 win season is a reasonable expectation given a little more help from FA and the draft. I would say then that the 2019 will be a better test of Reeve the coach than most of the past 8 seasons.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 02/06/19 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notwithstanding my personal view that atheism requires more faith than theism, let's just say that people of no faith perhaps do not understand the priorities and motivations of people of great faith . . . and perhaps vice versa.

Maya Moore has always been a person of great Christian faith.

Her writing is purposely simple and purposefully clear: "I measure success by asking, 'Am I living out my purpose?' I learned a long time ago that my purpose is to know Jesus and to make Him known."

Her long-time autographic reference to Colossians 3:23 emphasizes her primary life purpose:

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Notwithstanding my personal view that atheism requires more faith than theism...

:: snickers ::

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
When max contracts are given out to people who aren't playing at that level (like Whalen and Augustus), it's hard to have depth to make up for injuries. And the ones to DRob and Brunson hurt. Bad.

It's not Whalen & Augustus making big bucks, since, by law, they are Lynx for life. It's the contracts given to Kizer, Miyem, and Wright last offseason (all 3 who contributed approximately nothing) should've went to Howard and any rookie or cheap signing, and Lynx would've been better off (Lynx would've been better, Storm not as good, so Lynx closer to staying on top).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Don't forget that Fowles was beaten up at the end of last season, with an elbow injury that might've been more serious than anyone wanted to admit. That's why I said 'probably' Fowles when listing the vets for Reeve to run into the ground. We don't really know how healthy she is at the moment, and if she's limited or even out then Suck for Sabrina will very much be on in Minnesota (as long as she stays in school).

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
We don't really know how healthy she is at the moment, and if she's limited or even out then Suck for Sabrina will very much be on in Minnesota (as long as she stays in school).

If she is legitimately injured still coming into this season, I am more than okay with the team not being aggressive in finding replacements and having a down year with the hopes that some ping pong luck would bring Dynasty part 2. But I'm not cool with it if she is actually ready to go.

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChasingRatDogmaSalade wrote:
pilight wrote:
This sort of gobbledy-gook is why people don't take the W seriously. When was the last time an NBA star just took a year off for no particular reason?

Michael Jordan - 1993-94

There is speculation that Jordan was "secretly suspended" due to his gambling.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Don't forget that Fowles was beaten up at the end of last season, with an elbow injury that might've been more serious than anyone wanted to admit.

Whose face did she injure it on?

Randy

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
Don't forget that Fowles was beaten up at the end of last season, with an elbow injury that might've been more serious than anyone wanted to admit.

It was an overuse injury. The combined effect of all of the faces she mashed not just one in particular.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

It was an overuse injury. The combined effect of all of the faces she mashed not just one in particular.

Laughing

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/06/19 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Can I get a complete list so I know who is to blame for running their faces into her elbow?

PostPosted: 02/06/19 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have a list myself, so I'd suggest the fans of each team chip in with players on their team that injured her elbow. I'll start with Sancho Lyttle who was so hell bent on injuring Fowles elbow (2010) that Sancho got a concussion and missed the ASG.

http://www.espn.com.au/wnba/news/story?id=5362297

My recollection is that Cambage was another last season.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/06/19 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

You’re the last one that should be joking about injuries since it was your team’s player that may have ended Brunson’s career.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/06/19 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Can I get a complete list so I know who is to blame for running their faces into her elbow?

Kinda like Lisa Leslie, it may be a shorter list to discover whose face did not run into her elbow. Shameka Christon (her own teammate) essentially got a career ending smasheroo. I'm pretty sure Achonwa got one, though she's such an expert flopper it can be difficult to tell. One of (if not both) the Ogwumikes certainly met that elbow. I believe it was Nneka that came away bleeding though I'm sure Minny fans will think that was deserved. I have some memory of Plaisance meeting said elbow too. But I'm sure there are many more.

- Amanda Gorman
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/06/19 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You’re the last one that should be joking about injuries since it was your team’s player that may have ended Brunson’s career.

Nah, Brunson getting injured was karma for trading Superstar Howard. But it was fitting that destiny was helped carried out by a player disrespected by Reeve and the Lynx because saying Augustus and Whalen should be All-Stars translates to Hayes shouldn't be an All-Star even though she was more deserving.

adamj95

PostPosted: 02/06/19 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Kinda like Lisa Leslie, it may be a shorter list to discover whose face did not run into her elbow. Shameka Christon (her own teammate) essentially got a career ending smasheroo. I'm pretty sure Achonwa got one, though she's such an expert flopper it can be difficult to tell. One of (if not both) the Ogwumikes certainly met that elbow. I believe it was Nneka that came away bleeding though I'm sure Minny fans will think that was deserved. I have some memory of Plaisance meeting said elbow too. But I'm sure there are many more.

Well, Nneka does like to flop according to Reeve Laughing

PostPosted: 02/06/19 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Well, I hope all these people got fines and or suspensions for potentially doing damage to her elbow.

PostPosted: 02/07/19 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/S76PDsBmAlo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Linzin

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't believe in the Christian god, but Maya has always been super religious since at least college; this is actually, honestly, a very unsurprising reason for her to take time off. I would frankly be much more surprised if she said she did it to protest the CBA or whatever.

Anyway, all the best to her; hope she finds what she's looking for.

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:
myrtle wrote:
justintyme wrote:
Randy wrote:
tfan wrote:
Richyyy wrote:

Well, Nneka does like to flop according to Reeve Laughing

well, you don't usually come away bleeding from a flop Very Happy ...unless you hit yourself in the face while falling down.

- Amanda Gorman
Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 02/07/19 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I need 2 thumbs up emojis.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/07/19 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4w5oV6zYb7k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 02/08/19 12:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess this is from March 2016. It might be of interest to those who are rude enough to think Maya is faking her level of Christianity.

http://myfaithradio.com/2016/maya-moore-real-joy-true-identity/

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/3-5-On-the-Road-Moore-Feeling-Gods-Pleasure.mp3
Quote:
“I could stop playing basketball today, and I would be OK.”

http://cdn.myfaithradio.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/03/03-05_OnTheRoad.mp3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 16 of 31

Jump to: