Lynx
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 34

SCook

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tally24 wrote:
Why Bonner why

I bet she's asking herself that now too. It was just wow.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
At points in this game 1. Phoenix stopped going to BG 2. Phoenix as a whole stopped rebounding. 3. Bonner couldn't hit shit.

Sandy.... Reeves has just put you on notice.

Minnesota fans, We'll see y'all Tuesday in Phoenix.

Not as a whole. Everybody rebounded pretty nicely except Griner who only got 3 rebounds Shocked But i agree they didnt went to Griner enough in this game. There was no flow in their offense and not enough ball movement.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
myrtle

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

two things:

If Maya doesn't make five threes in a row, Lynx don't win.

If Phoenix get two or three more O-boards, Phoenix might have won. I thought the whole game when they ALL sprinted back on defense as soon as the shot went up, it was a mistake. At least have the big girl and one other - probably Dupree, but maybe Penny - trying for the O-board. BG getting three rebounds in the game is a travesty.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
two things:

If Maya doesn't make five threes in a row, Lynx don't win.

If Phoenix get two or three more O-boards, Phoenix might have won. I thought the whole game when they ALL sprinted back on defense as soon as the shot went up, it was a mistake. At least have the big girl and one other - probably Dupree, but maybe Penny - trying for the O-board. BG getting three rebounds in the game is a travesty.

And i doubt that DT will shoot 2-11 from 3 in the next game

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:
At points in this game 1. Phoenix stopped going to BG 2. Phoenix as a whole stopped rebounding. 3. Bonner couldn't hit shit.

Not as a whole. Everybody rebounded pretty nicely except Griner who only got 3 rebounds Shocked But i agree they didnt went to Griner enough in this game. There was no flow in their offense and not enough ball movement.

First half I thought their offense was excellent. Reeve outcoached Brondello in the second.

MuneravenMN
Champion Tipster

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan wrote:
Also I hate the idea that another team is going to get a chance at these two for the finals. Its a real shame one of us wont be playing next week and someone else will.

Yeah ain't that the truth. No disrespect to the East teams but, man, so much talent between these two powerhouses.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
mercfan wrote:
Also I hate the idea that another team is going to get a chance at these two for the finals. Its a real shame one of us wont be playing next week and someone else will.

Yeah ain't that the truth. No disrespect to the East teams but, man, so much talent between these two powerhouses.

Of course the last time people were writing off the East, Indy came in and won it all. Wink

PostPosted: 08/31/14 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:

BG was invisible. I wonder if we see that again Tuesday. BG will go for 25 and 10+ at Phoenix. Idk why we stopped flowing offensively BUT then again we didn't flow as much at the beginning of the game either.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
SCook wrote:

First half I thought their offense was excellent. Reeve outcoached Brondello in the second.

I'm not sure she out coached her more than Seimone, Maya, and Whalen outwilled us. They scored every point besides for 8.

The can combine for 70 something as long as Bonner and Penny add on. But the team that played their game more won and now we have Game 3.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MuneravenMN wrote:
SCook wrote:
Fuck you for choking Phoenix. This was some bullshit. Sandy, why the Fuck did you have BG at the 3-PT line??? Fuck this game.

Seriously? You need to settle down and take a breath before posting this kind of profanity-laced junk...and about your own team? Shocked

Actually, no.

SCook is free to go off profanely on a team or coach or anyone who isn't a username here.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
SCook wrote:
Fuck you for choking Phoenix. This was some bullshit. Sandy, why the Fuck did you have BG at the 3-PT line??? Fuck this game.

Seriously? You need to settle down and take a breath before posting this kind of profanity-laced junk...and about your own team? Shocked

Actually, no.

SCook is free to go off profanely on a team or coach or anyone who isn't a username here.

Does that mean Bill is safe from our ire? Wink Laughing

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
SCook wrote:

Actually, no.

SCook is free to go off profanely on anyone who isn't a member here.

I wasn't intimating it was a rules violation. I'm not a Rebkell gatekeeper. I was expressing my opinion of going off in that manner without taking a moment to calm down. Mostly because I think everyone should take a breath before saying angry stuff online. Also because I know SCook actually adores the Mercury (and demonstrated so in the posts immediately following).

But if you like profanity, Jammer, I have quite the vocabulary and can post some for you. Laughing

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Live postgame press conference
http://www.wnba.com/lynx/playoffs.html

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Chargers17

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

MVP showed up today. If she shows up big next game I think Lynx will win

Fear the Bun

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The three best players for the Lynx today.

Bravo! Take a bow. You pulled it out for them.

Tally24

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm petitioning for Tan to get more minutes.
SCook

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just really don't understand how 3 people combined for everything in 1 game. Like seriously??

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While Maya was instrumental in this win, my MVP of this game was Whalen. She grabbed the team by it's ears and willed them back in. It was that energy that she brought to the team and crowd that righted the ship.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:
MuneravenMN wrote:
SCook wrote:

Actually, no.

Does that mean Bill is safe from our ire? Wink Laughing

Not Bill. If there's a Rebkell alter ego, however, then the Rebkell's alter ego is safe just like anyone else who has joined up here.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
While Maya was instrumental in this win, my MVP of this game was Whalen. She grabbed the team by it's ears and willed them back in. It was that energy that she brought to the team and crowd that righted the ship.

Whalen kept this team in it throughout the first three quarters and Maya won it for them in the end.

At the end of the day, this series should go to three games. I think Phoenix will win. I hope Phoenix will win. But either team is deserving.

BTW: A lot has been talked about with the officials, and although some really really stupid calls happened (both ways) I didn't have a problem with the game overall. No team was absolutely handicapped from winning, there was an attempt to stop the extreme physical play (best the refs could do) and shitty calls went both ways. Minny just came out and won it.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Whalen has truly been the MVP of the postseason for us.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

BTW: A lot has been talked about with the officials, and although some really really stupid calls happened (both ways) I didn't have a problem with the game overall. No team was absolutely handicapped from winning, there was an attempt to stop the extreme physical play (best the refs could do) and shitty calls went both ways. Minny just came out and won it.

Agreed. There was were terrible calls, but it did go both ways. We just overcame our shitty start and starting actually playing.

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fear the Bun wrote:

Haha please.

blaase22

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fear the Bun wrote:

Yea they totally made The Mercury fail to rebound the last two minutes and totally made Dupree miss that shot. Whiney ass tankers fans as usual.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/31/14 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Whalen has truly been the MVP of the postseason for us.

Agreed. She's the MVP.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: