45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Lynx
54%
 54%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 24

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 07/27/14 12:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe there is a blackout rule with regard to ESPN and the WNBA contract. I agree about NBA TV and I can only gather that there must be a monetary reason that they do not show more games. I understand that they will only show games already televised by someone, but nowadays many locally televised games aren't broadcast on NBA TV. There must be a reason, unfortunately. Whatever it may be.

PostPosted: 07/27/14 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
I don't think they were allowed to broadcast Tuesday's game because of a conflict with ESPN. I have no idea why it was shown on the NBA TV schedule in the first place. Unless I am mistaken, but I believe all games conflicting with ESPN 2 go to ESPN 3.

The schedule conflict makes sense if the WNBA has a contract with ESPN that states no other broadcaster can televise a game the same time as their game. This does not excuse NBA TV from not broadcasting more WNBA games.

Or rebroadcasting this game at the very same time the Lynx are playing a LIVE game and the Dream vs Mysitcs (which on my listing is supposed to air after the replay-which means the Dream/'Stix game will be tape delay? )
Meanwhile, Sun evenings programing is a repeat of Sat nights line up Rolling Eyes , the re-airing of hours of Magic & Bird content Confused

One could only hope that NBA TV would re-air more WNBA classics along with the NBA hardwood classics? ..... don't hold your breath

NBA TV (Turner Broadcasting) don't much care about the WNBA (or content for women's sports). We're suppose to be content with the tokens we're given Confused

PostPosted: 07/27/14 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As I've mentioned, NBA-TV is a business, and the bottom line is ratings. If the WNBA got better ratings than the NBA summer league, then the WNBA would get more games on NBA-TV.

Though it could be possible that someone in the NBA-TV offices is saying "I hate women's basketball so I don't care if the WNBA does get more viewers, we're showing a Celtics' game from 1984," I doubt it. The idea is to make money ...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: