RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Megdal wrote something interesting about the Dantas offer. It seems he knows which players have guaranteed contracts. This is helpful info he should consider adding to the data base. Each team is limited to 6 guaranteed contracts. ATL apparently already have 6 guaranteed contracts signed on the roster. Crafty Reeve offered Dantas a guaranteed contract, therefore ATL can’t match it without trading away a current guaranteed contract, which they aren’t likely to do.

Angel McCoughtry
Tiffany Hayes
Renee Montgomery
Elizabeth Williams
Jessica Breland
Alex Bentley

If my understanding is correct and this is all true, the Lynx would basically be stealing Dantas away from ATL (after they stole Montgomery from MIN so shed no tears). Maybe they don’t even have to pay her that much. If this pans out, gotta give kudos to Reeve on this move.

Now let’s retire Brunson and pursue Zahui.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/19 7:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If all that is true, then other teams could have done the same thing. I suppose this also could be the basis for the claim in the Dallas thread that the Wings could make offer for Gray that LA couldn't match. Richyyy said it was nonsense.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 9:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wanna know where Megdal is getting all this access to contract information. If the WNBA wants to lack transparency, he’s about the last person you’d want to have that information.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/04/19 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
If all that is true, then other teams could have done the same thing. I suppose this also could be the basis for the claim in the Dallas thread that the Wings could make offer for Gray that LA couldn't match. Richyyy said it was nonsense.

Not like that is using any insider knowledge or great leap of deduction - you can't guarantee rookie scale contracts, and beyond those LA only have four players under contract. So it would be hard to have six of them guaranteed.

PostPosted: 02/04/19 9:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:
Dantas signed to an offer sheet with the Lynx.

Who saw this coming?

Reeve won’t trade you again, Dantas. She’ll promise. Razz

With Brunson not returning, Dantas is probably starting

You and Pinocchio are probably related
Full of criss-crossed fits, you lie all the time
Your tongue should be embarrassed, you're a threat to mankind
toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Who saw this coming?

The Lynx starters are probably looking like: Robinson-Augustus-Christmas-Dantas-Fowles.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Who saw this coming?

Somebody’s gotta start.

But free agency is just starting. Who knows, maybe Maya will get traded for a package that includes a PF.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If my understanding is correct and this is all true, the Lynx would basically be stealing Dantas away from ATL (after they stole Montgomery from MIN so shed no tears). Maybe they don’t even have to pay her that much. If this pans out, gotta give kudos to Reeve on this move.

Nobody stole Montgomery away. She went to the team that gave her a better deal/valued her more/wherever she wanted.

Unlike the Dream, the Liberty have all the cap space in the world. If the Lynx have Dantas, by law, they must also have a rookie from Cal on their roster, even if it's just to trade both of them to themselves for Fowles. Smile

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dantas wasn't missed after she went out hurt last year. Billings gave us everything we wanted without the added distraction of ill-advised three pointers.

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Shades wrote:

Nobody stole Montgomery away. She went to the team that gave her a better deal/valued her more/wherever she wanted.

Well, luring a player away fits my definition of stealing in this case.

SpaceJunkie wrote:
Unlike the Dream, the Liberty have all the cap space in the world. If the Lynx have Dantas, by law, they must also have a rookie from Cal on their roster, even if it's just to trade both of them to themselves for Fowles. Smile

What are you, a Dungeons & Dragons player? I overturn your law and squash it like a grape under thine foot. Your turn.

I concede that Anigwe is most likely superior to RGray (if that’s even relevant), but you gotta let things play out and see what’s left to fill.

As far as the Liberty goes, they might be cap heavy depending on which players they want back. Boyd and Zahui are both seeking raises. They have Vaughn, Prince, and Zellous waiting on the wing. Probably can’t get them on guaranteed contracts, but worth a shot trying for her. Reeve even recently acknowledged Zahui as a nice player.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the 2019 Lynx roster so far is currently like this?

Robinson / Jones
Augustus / Wright?
Christmas / Zandalasini
Dantas / Brunson
Fowles / Fagbenle

Zandalasini & Fagbenle are re-joining the team after their tournament? I always had thought Lynx would have room for 2 rookies, unless they trade their 2nd round picks, though maybe they'd have a 3rd rookie as a placeholder for Ceci & Temi? I guess everything depends on Brunson or not (or if Maya gets traded, or whatever) if they sign another player?

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dantas wasn't missed after she went out hurt last year. Billings gave us everything we wanted without the added distraction of ill-advised three pointers.

Would you remind SpaceJunkie that Billings is a player the Lynx could have gotten with the #12 pick that the Lynx gave up in the DRob trade?

Randy

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

Would you remind SpaceJunkie that Billings is a player the Lynx could have gotten with the #12 pick that the Lynx gave up in the DRob trade?

Hey SpaceJunkie - guess what - Lynx could have had Billings.....

So what's next for Reeve on her quest to create the Redeem Team - offers to Zahui B? Brittany Boyd? Will she even get zealous about it and go for TRP or R. Williams?

Last edited by Randy on 02/04/19 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

That's why I'm drafting Anigwe after I let you sign all the free agents, because I'm sure she's no worse than her pal, Billings. Smile
There's no good FA PGs out there right now (unless NY would sign & trade Boyd)? Knowing what the salaries for players are now, I would've rather cored Montgomery for a season if she was willing to stay with the Lynx then and then Billings could've competed with Temi, and Howard given max contract, and without the Lynx being cursed, Brunson would never have gotten injured. Smile

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My scenario if Maya is just sitting out for the season. If Maya gets traded, it’s a whole different ball game

Robinson/Jones
Augustus/Wright/Johannes($42K)
Christmas /Zandalasini
Dantas/Zahui/#6
Fowles/Fagbenle

#16 + #20 for Zahui?
#18 for Laksa or Chinese deferral? If Johannes not available, draft guard at #18.

If Durr drops to #6 draft her instead of a post.

Sign one temp player if needed until Zandalasini and Fagbenle return.

Sound like a plan?

Last edited by Shades on 02/04/19 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Robinson/Jones
Augustus/Wright/Johannes($42K)
Christmas /Zandalasini
Dantas/Zahui/#6
Fowles/Fagbenle

#16 + #20 for Zahui?
#18 for Laksa or Chinese deferral? If Johannes not available, draft guard at #18.

If Durr drops to #6 draft her instead of a post.

Sign one temp player if needed until Zandalasini and Fagbenle return.

Sound like a plan?

Sure. Works for me. Cool

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Come on, Shades. You know Katie Smith is going to offer Zahui B the max! Cool Wink

Shades

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:

There's no good FA PGs out there right now (unless NY would sign & trade Boyd)? Knowing what the salaries for players are now, I would've rather cored Montgomery for a season if she was willing to stay with the Lynx then and then Billings could've competed with Temi, and Howard given max contract, and without the Lynx being cursed, Brunson would never have gotten injured. Smile

There were three decent RFA PG’s: Boyd, Gray, and Cloud
The Lynx own the rights to a handful of guards: Berkani, the Aussie that looks like Shoni, Anna Cruz. Berkani and the Aussie will have to turn into veterans before Reeve is interested.

You were an AJones fanboy before you converted to a DRob fanboy. You should have been more than willing to put all the eggs into the AJones basket, backed up by combo guard, TWright.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New York losing Boyd would be stupid. Even if we get a pick, there's no PGs in this draft that are starting material. I can't imagine New York not re-signing Boyd.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
You were an AJones fanboy before you converted to a DRob fanboy. You should have been more than willing to put all the eggs into the AJones basket, backed up by combo guard, TWright.

I assumed Whalen was close to being finished, so I figured D-Rob was to groom behind Whalen to be starter when Whalen retires (to me nothing is wrong with D-Rob except her not shooting 3s is only a mental issue; her injury at the end of last year was a fluke injury due to The Curse being nervous how D-Rob played well in win at Chicago when she got start over Whalen, so The Curse was trying to make 100% sure Lynx finish .500 (The Curse didn't account for the Mystics not playing for anything last game of the season though) and lose in the first round of the playoffs by making sure players got injured), as I viewed Jones' ceiling as quality backup. I'd rather have had combo guard Jones just worrying about shooting 3s last year playing alongside D-Rob.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/04/19 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Megdal wrote something interesting about the Dantas offer. It seems he knows which players have guaranteed contracts. This is helpful info he should consider adding to the data base. Each team is limited to 6 guaranteed contracts. ATL apparently already have 6 guaranteed contracts signed on the roster. Crafty Reeve offered Dantas a guaranteed contract, therefore ATL can’t match it without trading away a current guaranteed contract, which they aren’t likely to do.

If they decide Angel will be out all season they could suspend her and match the Dantas offer

LynxFan32

PostPosted: 02/04/19 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just stop talking spacejunkie...it gets old when you say Reeve wanted to make sure Seattle won the title...at least get some new material

PostPosted: 02/04/19 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

If they decide Angel will be out all season they could suspend her and match the Dantas offer

How do suspend a guaranteed contract? I don’t think she even needed a guaranteed contract to get paid since she got hurt on the job. You wanna call the Sparks crooks?

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 02/04/19 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LynxFan32 wrote:
Just stop talking spacejunkie...it gets old when you say Reeve wanted to make sure Seattle won the title...at least get some new material

Because I've never in the history of my life seen a team so obviously make a move who's only purpose is to turn another team into a championship dynasty and tank like the Lynx did last year. I don't see teams like the Patriots or Warriors turning other teams into dynasties and tanking into irrelevancy. Plus everything has followed as it's supposed to, so I don't think it's nice of Reeve, to not only ask for the Lynx to not win and other teams to win more titles than the Lynx, but for asking for Brunson to get injured, but only in Minnesota do people want their own players to get injured and teams not win. But all I was doing today was defending D-Rob.

Anyways, you don't even care if the Lynx win or not—all you care about is the Sparks losing.

Last edited by SpaceJunkie on 02/04/19 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 02/04/19 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
Shades wrote:

How do suspend a guaranteed contract? I don’t think she even needed a guaranteed contract to get paid since she got hurt on the job. You wanna call the Sparks crooks?

You can suspend a player on a guaranteed contract if you have cause. For instance, if someone shows up late or not at all because they're playing for their national team. However, as you noted, Angel was injured while playing for the Dream so they have to pay her.

The other thing to remember is that players don't get paid when they're suspended. It's considered punishment.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 11 of 31

Jump to: