RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2011 WNBA Mock Draft 4.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing SASS situation will totally depend on which guard and which post is still on the board. Most likely he already has a prioritized list and will take best available. They do need guard help, but they also do need a SF. My guess on his order is Vandersloot first. If not there, the main real choice will be between Robinson and Pederson and I tend to think he will take Robinson. One of those three will still be there.

I'm kinda hoping Pederson will slide all the way down to the Liberty, but realize that ain't too likely.

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been waiting to see where Ford lands because I think that...and whether Anosike remains in Minny determine a LOT of what happens on draft day. But just to play devils advocate here, what would happen if Minny did take the 'sloot at #4? This really puts LA into a conundrum right? Best available is probably a PF of which they already have a boatload. They might take Phillips here altho I think this is too high for her, and if they don't take her she may fall all the way down to Indiana which would be interesting too.

1. Minn - Maya Moore
2. Tulsa - Liz Cambage
3. Chicago - Jantel Lavender
4. Minn - Courtney Vandersloot
5. LA - Ta'Shia Phillips
6. San Antonio - Danielle Robinson
7. Tulsa- Amber Harris
8. Atlanta - Kayla Pederson
9. Indiana - Victoria Dunlap
10. NY - Jessica Breland
11. Wash - Jasmine Thomas
12. Seattle - Jeanette Pohlen

13. Minn - Danielle Adams
14. Minn - Ify Ibekwe or Amy Jaeschke

Last edited by myrtle on 04/04/11 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
FS02

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I'm kinda hoping Pederson will slide all the way down to the Liberty, but realize that ain't too likely.

Hmm. If she gets past San Antonio, then you've got Tulsa (fundamentally unpredictable), Atlanta (already have a lot of size), and Indiana (looking for a PG). I think it could happen, although Atlanta is signing a lot of bigs for camp so that makes me wonder...

Edit: I'd love to see Kayla in NY

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
dynasty0207 wrote:
Dan Hughes said they are looking at 3 guards a post that should be available to pick. Said it will be a tough decision to decide between guard or post.

I assume he is referencing Pedersen as the post. She would be a great fit for them.

The SASS desperately need guard help. Tully and Mazzante ain't a long term solution and probably not even a short term one.

Amen on this one Pilight.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dynasty0207 wrote:
Dan Hughes said they are looking at 3 guards a post that should be available to pick. Said it will be a tough decision to decide between guard or post.

I assume he is referencing Pedersen as the post. She would be a great fit for them.

Pedersen as a backup for Young i can understand, but they need a good center as well. Because Snow/Riley arent

jap

PostPosted: 04/04/11 2:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In case the Aussie Amazon manages to escape Penny's clutches, who does the Sparks have that the Chicago sky can use (sans the Princess, of course)? Wink

In other words, could there be a Vandersloot with a Sparkling future? Very Happy

PostPosted: 04/04/11 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

psheehy wrote:
RavenDog wrote:
The best thing for the WNBA and Cambage is if she can get with a team in a major city: she's a draw and will sell jerseys worldwide and nationwide. She should be a cash cow.

I see her agent already talking with Tulsa and telling them she doesn't want to go there putting Nolando in a selection/trade situation or simply bypassing her altogether.

One can only imagine what Maya Moore would produce in NY.

However, Parker did get to LA so you never know what could happen...........

Outside of a Parker, Taurasi type player, I don't know that there is such a thing as a DRAW or a CASH COW in the WNBA. Uneducated fans won't know Cambage because she didn't play NCAA ball. Reb's is a microcosm of a small market, niche sport. I am fairly certain that LESS fans in WNBA stands this season will know who she is than will know who later picks are. She won't draw unless she makes waves in her first season. She won't get endorsements unless she gets noticed.

This is true, because I still don't know who she is and I visit Rebkell everyday. Of course when I do visit, it's been mostly Area 51 and I haven't paid as much attention to women's hoops these last couple of years as I have in the past, but still.

PostPosted: 04/04/11 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Myrtle, the idea of Minny drafting Vandersloot looks good on paper. If Minny can keep Nicky or pick up Cheryl Ford then they will not have to draft a post player with their #4 pick. Minny does need a good post player. They have a ton of great perimeter players but without a strong post player on that team they will not be a serious playoff contender. If they are unable to keep Nicky and can not pick up Ford then they must draft a post player with their #4 pick.

PostPosted: 04/04/11 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Minny does need a good post player. They have a ton of great perimeter players but without a strong post player on that team they will not be a serious playoff contender.

I don't think that Phoenix post duo in 2009 was better than the one Minnesota will have this year even without drafting a post.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/04/11 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JohnyK, you isolated one sentence out of the entire statement that I was making about Minny. If Minny can keep Nicky A. then they can gamble and draft Vandersloot with the #4 pick. If Nicky A. is on her way out of Minny then they need to replace her with another post player.

PostPosted: 04/04/11 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
JohnyK, you isolated one sentence out of the entire statement that I was making about Minny. If Minny can keep Nicky A. then they can gamble and draft Vandersloot with the #4 pick. If Nicky A. is on her way out of Minny then they need to replace her with another post player.

Where will she go? She's still under contract with the Lynx. She doesn't earn THAT much in Europe to not have to worry about the rookie salary she'll miss if she decides to take a stand and demand a trade.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/04/11 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many people here have said that there is some friction in the relationship between Nicky A. and Minny. Yes, it is true that she is not a free agent. But if Minny does not want her on their roster then that means they will need to replace her.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: