Liberty
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 12

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/24/19 5:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thardy929 wrote:
I was at the game last night and was shocked by this:

Did anyone else notice that the clock froze at 11.3 seconds left in the 4th quarter?! Play continued for a good 4 seconds before Hartley had the ball knocked out of bounds. Had Rebecca Allen actually made that 3 at the end, and this footage had been reviewed, Atlanta would have had quite a bit to grip about given the game should've been over by that point...

This was my first game in Westchester this season. Weird crowd. The size of the venue gives the individual "fan" way too much power to shout whatever they want and be heard, like the man who shouted "You suck!" after Reshanda Gray missed a free throw. C'mon dude. Gray's missed free throws were the least of our problems.

Imagine the kind of person who would scream out "You suck!" at Reshanda Gray for missing a free throw--when the season is already lost and it's hardly like Reshanda Gray is at the heart of the problem.

There are too many sports fans--overwhelmingly male--who shouldn't be allowed to watch games live.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/25/19 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LibFan25 wrote:
The refs all year has been atrocious against the liberty, I don't like to blame refs but it's the truth.

I have yet to see a poster here on RebKell who has said that their team always gets the benefit of the officiating. Smile

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/25/19 7:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYSports56 wrote:
I have yet to see a poster here on RebKell who has said that their team always gets the benefit of the officiating. Smile

LOL.

How many times have you been at a Liberty game or any sporting event and seen a fan scream that a terrible call was made... against the home team?

How many times have you seen a fan scream that a terrible call was made... in favor of the home team?

Yes, there are bad calls. Yes, sometimes one team is hurt by bad calls more than the other. But I've been at an endless number of sports contests where home team fans have screamed with certainty, from about 900 miles away with a terrible angle, that their team was robbed by a horrible call. Sometimes a call where if you watched replays for five minutes you might not be sure what the correct call was.

NYSports56

PostPosted: 08/25/19 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
thardy929 wrote:
I was at the game last night and was shocked by this:

This was my first game in Westchester this season. Weird crowd. The size of the venue gives the individual "fan" way too much power to shout whatever they want and be heard, like the man who shouted "You suck!" after Reshanda Gray missed a free throw. C'mon dude. Gray's missed free throws were the least of our problems.

Imagine the kind of person who would scream out "You suck!" at Reshanda Gray for missing a free throw--when the season is already lost and it's hardly like Reshanda Gray is at the heart of the problem.

There are too many sports fans--overwhelmingly male--who shouldn't be allowed to watch games live.

Ha, that same venue size enables the entire crowd to know specifically who the asshole was who shouted it out. Hopefully Rashanda gained some satisfaction knowing that.

But man, no matter how good or bad you think Rashanda is, she plays her heart out every minute on the court. Target someone else. Or better yet, no one at all.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/25/19 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sometime in the late 1990s I was at a Mets' game in Shea Stadium. John Franco had come in as the team's closer. He was having a so-so season; not great, not awful. As he was warming up, a kid of about 10, sitting near the field, stood up and started screaming. His tirade against Franco was uglier than "You suck" and went on for a while. I assume the man sitting to the kid's right was his father. His proud father. His son was learning to become a man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: